X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9V-SKU

From airteamimages

Comment

• 9V-SKW has completed her first test flight.

Comment

• The mismatched windows on both sides of the upper forward cabin is really intriguing!

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          From airteamimages

Looks great guys! Will the new A380s have the current Panasonic/T-Mobile or GX Aviation by OnAir (Ka band)? Just curious.

Comment

• 9V-SKA has emerged from the SIAEC hangars in an all-white livery.
            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• An interesting observation about the CDG temporary 77W substitution:

SQ334/3 is scheduled to commence 30OCT, but that will not mean that SQ336/5 will convert completely to 77W from this date onwards. According to the latest PDF timetable, there will be a complicated mix of 77W and A380 on this flight pair at least up until 08DEC. (PDF timetable valid until 17DEC.)

On three evenings, there will even be an A380 departing just 2 hours before a 77W. This amounts to an increase in capacity for CDG, especially during November, which couldn't really be described as peak season...

A380 dates post 30OCT: November 1, 3, 8, 13*, 15, 20*, 23*, 28, 29; December 1, 6, 8.

(Dates marked with an * indicate the A380+77W situations.)

Comment

• 9V-SKA is currently out on an air-test as SQ8898.

Comment

• Exactly 10 years ago on October 17, 2007, 9V-SKA arrived into SIN as SQ380 for the first time.

9V-SKA today (17OCT17) in all-white.

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8728999

Comment

• I actually feel a bit sad seeing that

Comment

• The newer A380 should be able to fly further compared to the old A380?

Comment

• I hope 9V-SKA will be off to a good new owner. Perhaps some airlines in China might be interested about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
                          The newer A380 should be able to fly further compared to the old A380?
                          Yes, It should compared to the first batch of a380s. EKs original 380 could not do DXB-LAX. After a certain time, they were able to deploy them on the route. Would imagine they have few more minor tweaks since then. Still I don't think they can do LAX or SFO on them. Those would require the A350 ULR

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                            I hope 9V-SKA will be off to a good new owner. Perhaps some airlines in China might be interested about it?
                            If someone wanted a used A380, there's a few around with very little other interest. SKA is heavier and the first build. It's spent a long time in heavy maintenance by my observation. If it were a car, it'd be the one in the used car lot that the salesman would be just a bit too eager to sell, in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
                              Yes, It should compared to the first batch of a380s. EKs original 380 could not do DXB-LAX. After a certain time, they were able to deploy them on the route. Would imagine they have few more minor tweaks since then. Still I don't think they can do LAX or SFO on them. Those would require the A350 ULR
                              I remember that. I flew EK on Christmas/New Year 2014, about 2 months after they launched the A380 on the SFO route. Not only did I get brand new A380's but also I learned it was because the newer ones had the range to make LAX and SFO without payload restrictions.

I think the newer A380 if it has a longer range can do SIN-SFO nonstop, but not SFO-SIN especially in the Winter months. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                                Exactly 10 years ago on October 17, 2007, 9V-SKA arrived into SIN as SQ380 for the first time.

9V-SKA today (17OCT17) in all-white.

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8728999

Man so sad to see and I thought 744s and older 777s and the older Airbus planes (330, 340, etc) were the ones leaving still. Hope a new owner will find and take care of the 11 year old A380 which still has life to still be used.

Comment

Working...
                                X