Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deleted
    Last edited by SQfanatic; 5 October 2017, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• SQ237/238 will be operated by SWI today and SQ637/638 will be operated by SWE.

SWV and SWT has both been taken out of their 'usual' route with no scheduled outbound flight according to iCargo.net as of now. Interesting to see which will be our next 77WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQkid View Post
        SQ237/238 will be operated by SWI today and SQ637/638 will be operated by SWE.

SWV and SWT has both been taken out of their 'usual' route with no scheduled outbound flight according to iCargo.net as of now. Interesting to see which will be our next 77WR.
        If it's more than 1 week and FR24 reports no such data, therefore, we can conclude its a refit but I also seem to believe only it will be a refit if its the 5th week (We've had 77W go out and coming back as an unrefitted plane after 4-5 weeks).

If anything, SWV should be expected to go next. It's the last plane we can call a 77WN, and therefore when that determination is made true in the coming weeks, we will no longer have a 77WN designation....What's left will be a 77W and 77WR before everything is retrofitted. At least now I'm more keen its SWV that's going next, a little skeptical about SWT but let's wait and see.

Besides NRT that'll be going A380, we're left with just SYD (211/212), HND (634/635) and PVG (836/825).

Comment

• EDIT: SWT is back in the air. SWV is still not flying, and SWI continues to fly SQ237/238, leaving HND (634/635) with the 773s quite a lot now.
          Last edited by SQfanatic; 8 October 2017, 05:50 AM.

Comment

• SWW is doing SQ306/305 to LHR. Poster reported it's in a 77WR config in spite of not being able to do MNL. SWY, according to iCargo is scheduled to do SQ12/7, so coming back it'll make its first visit to LAX and Seoul-Incheon as never been done when it was a 77WN.
            Last edited by SQfanatic; 11 October 2017, 02:46 AM.

Comment

• SQ835 was switch to 77WR for 3 out of 7 days in the past week.
              14/10 it was operated by SNB which I am on board. Only 4 business class pax. The second cabin of the business class section was totally empty. Even for economy class, it have around 90 pax only.

Around 11 of us gotten a free upgrade to PE seat. I notice that there is a change of aircraft 4 days ago n quickly pick the PE seat. N one of the PE seat pocket was damaged. Krisworld only manage to get started 1 hour after flight departure due to some system fault. n in the first time, I have to wait 15 mins for the luggage. Plane landed 0047. I out of gate at 0100. Reach belt 42 at 0110. Luggage only start coming out at 0125 (only one flight arrival at that time)

Comment

• excuse my nobodies.

For 77WR, are the IFE the newest (i.e. 2013) as well? Or the 2006 version with just physical retrofits?

thanks!

Comment

• It will be the 2013 IFE. Although even then there are 2 versions, one with a white welcome background, one with a black welcome background. The black is an enhanced version introduced after the first few A350s came along, and slowly reloaded to replace the white one.

To be honest I'm not sure if any of the white ones exist still?

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                    It will be the 2013 IFE. Although even then there are 2 versions, one with a white welcome background, one with a black welcome background. The black is an enhanced version introduced after the first few A350s came along, and slowly reloaded to replace the white one.

To be honest I'm not sure if any of the white ones exist still?
                    I heard at least all the 77WN and SN* birds have the black background. I dunno about the other ones.

On the other hand, SWW is flying SQ12/7, so definitely its first visit to Seoul-Incheon on its way back which had never occured during the good SQ16/15 days (Some cases FR24 projected SWW to do it back then). Evidence is strongest that it has PEY, since it had also done CPH but never reported on it.

SWV should be on Week 4 Thursday so hoping by Week 5 or Week 6 it emerges as a 77WR so there is no more 77WN classification after this. In fact, by now the only aircraft to distinguish will be between 77W and 77WR until the entire 77W fleet is a 77WR.
                    Last edited by SQfanatic; 23 October 2017, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                      On the other hand, SWW is flying SQ12/7, so definitely its first visit to Seoul-Incheon on its way back which had never occured during the good SQ16/15 days (Some cases FR24 projected SWW to do it back then). Evidence is strongest that it has PEY, since it had also done CPH but never reported on it.
                      Will you stop posting this nonsense? You have been told by someone who has actually flown on it that it’s a 77WR. You are clogging up the forum with error-ridden guesswork and ignoring factual posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                        Will you stop posting this nonsense? You have been told by someone who has actually flown on it that it’s a 77WR. You are clogging up the forum with error-ridden guesswork and ignoring factual posts.
                        LOL.

Thanks Wan1dap.

Maybe I should've taken a video before he'd be convinced...

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                          LOL.

Thanks Wan1dap.

Maybe I should've taken a video before he'd be convinced...
                          HAHA. To be honest, initially when you said SWW was a 77WR I was indeed a little sceptical because it was a very quick refit but when it flew the next day, I trust that SWW is indeed a 77WR.
                          There is really no need for it to fly to LAX or CPH to be a 77WR.

Comment

• Where the plane flies is an indication based on presumption, but even then it is based on data posted to a website which isn't verified and which we have no empirical knowledge of. The laws of probability give it a better than 50% chance though.

Far more accurate are the posts by a340-313x that come off an actual flight inventory and actually specify the seating configuration.

Even more accurate still are eye witness posts from informed contributors with empirical knowledge of the situation, as that then reduces the tiny possibility the inventory being used by operations personnel was somehow wrong.

That's how things play out using cold, hard logic.

Comment

• -deleted- in an attempt to move the question to the appropriate thread.
                              Last edited by oxymoron1984; 31 January 2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• SQ231/222 is going 77WR for the entire month of Feb. I never heard this announcement for the Australian changes but from Mar 1 it will be back to an A380.

Also, before the last post of this thread, there is obviously no more 77WN designation since all former 77WN have been converted to 77WR with the PEY seats. On the other hand, obviously with more than 90% of the fleet with new cabin products, we still have three more to go that only sport the 2006 cabin products - SWI, SWS, and SWT. So far, it looks like no sign of refitting the planes anytime soon, even when MEL (237/238) gets switched to a 77WR. The 3-class 77W will instead be used for the redeye PEK flights (800/805).

Since the CDG flights are interim, it looks like two frames will probably go to MEL and the new SYD-Canberra triangular route and one could go to AKL seasonally. They are definitely lagging behind, though these planes are flying short to medium haul routes instead of longhaul.

EDIT: MEL (217/218) that has the 77WR will switch to the 359 on the 25th of March, which means SQ237/238 (1 frame) will get the frame from there, SQ285/286 will get its 77WR from the CDG interim flights (1 frame), SYD-Canberra (1 frame from CDG).
                                Last edited by SQfanatic; 12 February 2018, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X