SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > SQ Catering and Amenities > Singapore Airlines Catering

Old 9th April 2017, 09:07 AM   #1
banoffi
SQTalk Elite Silver

Default CDG-SIN Catering in J

We are flying CDG-SIN in June in J class and the flight departs at 1200 h from CDG.

Is there usually an Asian option in the J class menu? Or is BTC a better option? I'm asking because we are typical Singaporeans and I suspect will be longing for some asian food after 2 weeks in Europe. Not sure how authentic any asian catering or BTC will be, coming from a kitchen in Paris, but any information would be welcome!

Thanks!
banoffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2017, 12:32 PM   #2
CarbonMan
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS

Programs: PPS by the grace of SQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by banoffi View Post
We are flying CDG-SIN in June in J class and the flight departs at 1200 h from CDG.

Is there usually an Asian option in the J class menu? Or is BTC a better option? I'm asking because we are typical Singaporeans and I suspect will be longing for some asian food after 2 weeks in Europe. Not sure how authentic any asian catering or BTC will be, coming from a kitchen in Paris, but any information would be welcome!

Thanks!
Know how you feel, banoffi. Hits me after a week in Europe. Either you get your fix in a Chinese restaurant before boarding (I've been to a few authentic ones in the Latin Quarter that's run by ex-mainland Chinese and HK'ers) or you BTC just to be on the safe side. I know that they usually have a Chinese selection for breakfast before landing but I don't recall if there was one for lunch.
CarbonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2017, 09:36 AM   #3
banoffi
SQTalk Elite Silver

Okay, Thanks, CarbonMan! might just take our chances.. unless they have Nasi Briyani or Mee Pok Tar for BTC.
Old 11th April 2017, 03:35 PM   #4
Durian
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: ex-PPS, ex-SQ Gold, ex-Silver, now Blue !
Default Catering SQ335

Hi friend,
Below is SQ335's menu from December 2016. There would have been some changes for sure by now, but I trust there would still be asian choices. And, as you pointed out, BTC will be your friend.
Also, do not expect anything from the *A lounge in CDG1. At the time of the flight, it will be crowded and the food choice is little and western only (in addition, it might well be that until 11am the breakfast selection would still be offered, with lunch coming later).
Enjoy Paris

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5X...ew?usp=sharing

Durian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2017, 04:46 PM   #5
banoffi
SQTalk Elite Silver

thanks, Durian!

The Tomyam noodles (under Delectables) would be great after 2 weeks in Europe. And thanks for the warning about the CDG lounge.. shan't have any expectations then.
Old 15th April 2017, 10:47 AM   #6
yflyer
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2

Programs: Krisflyer/Star Gold, Qantas Gold/Oneworld Sapphire

Hi banoffi! If you are interested in a preview of the CDG T1 Star Alliance lounge, some coverage of it here...
yflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2017, 11:16 AM   #7
banoffi
SQTalk Elite Silver

Thanks, yflyer! I'm thinking i won't even have time to go if I'm going to claim back my VAT...