[SFO] VS - Clubhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaysquare
    gt84, kaysquare's a dude Had to point that out.
    Just fantastic to me.

Yup, used that while flying SQ15, afternoon flight. Was lucky to guest a friend in as well. Didn't hit me to take pics of the lounge though.

I thought you couldn't bring a guest into the VS Clubhouses.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post

I thought you couldn't bring a guest into the VS Clubhouses.
      I think thats why he said he was lucky

Comment

*wrong thread*

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
          Yup, used that while flying SQ15, afternoon flight. Was lucky to guest a friend in as well. Didn't hit me to take pics of the lounge though.
          I was just denied entry to this lounge while flying SQ15 (in F as a PPS) a few days ago. The lounge matron was quite feisty and rude. As a result, I had to be quite firm in telling her that this is a stated benefit. She checked around and came back to tell me everyone at VS concurs that SQ passengers are not allowed in and that I'd have to be flying VS to gain entry.

Later, I checked with a VS check-in agent, who reiterated that they've NEVER allowed SQ passengers into the VSCH at SFO.

I just checked my PPS booklet which stated SQ passengers are allowed entry at VSCH SFO, so I've emailed SQ PPS department to ask them what's going on.

Comment

Do let us know how the PPS department responds, sfvoyage. That shouldn't have happened (and the lounge dragon's attitude was just the icing that the cake needed).

I would also email Virgin Atlantic customer services(customer.services@fly.virgin.com or Customer.relations@fly.virgin.com
            ), letting them know what happened.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              Do let us know how the PPS department responds, sfvoyage. That shouldn't have happened (and the lounge dragon's attitude was just the icing that the cake needed).

I would also email Virgin Atlantic customer services(customer.services@fly.virgin.com or Customer.relations@fly.virgin.com
              ), letting them know what happened.
              Good idea. I'm still awaiting a response from PPS, but I'll email VS with a detailed account of the incident. I am not looking for any compensation, but they should get their act together and treat passengers better.

Comment

sfvoyage, how is the response coming along? Quick update. Did SQ15 SFO-SIN. Went to the CH again just to see if I'd get the same treatment as sfvovage.

I was granted access with a Y BP and EG card. Ushered into the lounge without any fuss. Pity though that I didn't manage to stay as I was running real late for the flight!

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
                  sfvoyage, how is the response coming along? Quick update. Did SQ15 SFO-SIN. Went to the CH again just to see if I'd get the same treatment as sfvovage.

I was granted access with a Y BP and EG card. Ushered into the lounge without any fuss. Pity though that I didn't manage to stay as I was running real late for the flight!
                  Good for you! I'm still awaiting response from VS. SQ has responded saying they're looking into it.

BTW, do you recall which agent allowed you access? The rude one who refused me entry was Liling C. Maybe VS staff has now received proper communication about the lounge rules for SQ?

Comment

Hi, sfvoyage, now you make me think of passing through SFO taking SQ15 for my run. Just to check on this VS-Clubhouse admittance problem.

Comment

Is there any update on this? I will be on SQ15 next week.

Thanks.

Comment

VS said they've forwarded my letter to Richard Branson's office for response.

Just heard back from SQ today:

"Virgin Atlantic Airways has shared that all their lounge representatives
                        have reviewed their Clubhouse access policy, and reassured that all Singapore
                        Airlines passengers who are entitled to utilize the Clubhouse will be admitted
                        within the operating hours."

SQ's response contains no apology of any kind from VS about the rude treatment I had received, and the above quoted language doesn't spell out explicitly that SQ passengers on a SQ flight are allowed access. (Originally, they contended that SQ frequent flyers on a VS flight are allowed access, but not if we're on a SQ flight.)

Anyway, hopefully VS staff will not give us any more hassle about this. If this happens again, show them the PPS booklet, or show them the language on SQ website.
                        Last edited by sfvoyage; 16 April 2007, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sfvoyage View Post
                          VS said they've forwarded my letter to Richard Branson's office for response.

Just heard back from SQ today:

"Virgin Atlantic Airways has shared that all their lounge representatives
                          have reviewed their Clubhouse access policy, and reassured that all Singapore
                          Airlines passengers who are entitled to utilize the Clubhouse will be admitted
                          within the operating hours."

SQ's response contains no apology of any kind from VS about the rude treatment I had received, and the above quoted language doesn't spell out explicitly that SQ passengers on a SQ flight are allowed access. (Originally, they contended that SQ frequent flyers on a VS flight are allowed access, but not if we're on a SQ flight.)

Anyway, hopefully VS staff will not give us any more hassle about this. If this happens again, show them the PPS booklet, or show them the language on SQ website.
                          Not a very conclusive response SQ and VS gave.. Makes it sound more like a canned response.

I can't really remember how she looked like, but she was wearing glasses. Sorry, forgot her name. In fact, she was kinda surprised that I only popped in and out of the lounge! Blame it on the jam for Bay Bridge toll.

Comment

thanks for the updates. will report the outcome when i visit later this week as a QPP on SQ15 J.

J

Comment

Forgive the totally clueless nature of this question, but as an SFO-based traveller, this thread holds a lot of relevance for me.

Do the security/TSA personnel at the A pier in the Intl terminal have any issues with allowing SQ boarding pass holders through security to enter the VS clubhouse? As the VS Clubhouse is located in the opposite airside wing to the G pier (where SQ flights depart), I would think you'd at least get some funny looks from the people checking boarding passes and IDs.

Any thoughts on this?

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrab955 View Post
                                Forgive the totally clueless nature of this question, but as an SFO-based traveller, this thread holds a lot of relevance for me.

Do the security/TSA personnel at the A pier in the Intl terminal have any issues with allowing SQ boarding pass holders through security to enter the VS clubhouse? As the VS Clubhouse is located in the opposite airside wing to the G pier (where SQ flights depart), I would think you'd at least get some funny looks from the people checking boarding passes and IDs.

Any thoughts on this?
                                VSCH is located in the public area of the other end of the wing (from SQ). To get to VSCH, you don't go through security. Rather, you take the elevator left of the security area up a floor or two. The CH is right by the elevators. However, if it's not open, you won't know where it is, as there are no signage, unless they've fixed that problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X