No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos from the First Flight of 9V-SMG.

Comment

• 9V-SMH completed her RTO yesterday. We can expect her First Flight today.

Comment

• 9V-SMH has taken off on her First Flight.

2 SQ First Flights in as many days.
        Last edited by SQKevin; 18 November 2016, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• 9V-SMH taking off on her First Flight.

Comment

• Very nice! Keep em' coming!

Thanks once again, SQKevin!
            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Just received notification that my SQ632/633 flights on Thus/Mon in Jan has been changed to A350 as well
              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Saw this on my newsfeed.

https://www.facebook.com/commaviatio...type=3&theater

Singapore Airlines to fly A350, 787 on Indian routes

The flag carrier of Singapore will be launching Airbus A350 services in India in 2017, while its yet-to-be inducted Boeing 787-10X is expected to be coming to India in 2018.

Currently, the airline operates a fleet of Boeing 777 and Airbus A330 aircraft in India, a few of which, will be replaced by the said new planes, once the latter get inducted into serviced routes.

“Today, the all-wide-body fleet of Singapore Airlines boasts of 105 aircraft — 34 777s, 19 A380s, 26 A330s, and six A350s.

In totality, we’ve ordered 67 A350 aircraft, of which, 20 aircraft would be inducted into our fleet by the end of the next financial year.

In terms of the Boeing 787-10X, we’ve ordered 30 planes, which are yet to come on board,” Singapore Airlines General Manager (India) David Lim informed DH.

The A350, a state-of-the-art airliner regarded for its full-efficiency, has been deployed on long-haul routes.

But, considering India as an important destination, Singapore Airlines has decided to bring it here. The 787, however, is itself a medium-haul airliner, and will be deployed in the country.

Explaining about the Indian market and Singapore Airlines’ differentiation, Lim said, “India is a medium-haul destination. During the Northern winter 2016, we have had 104 flights from India to Singapore a week (including Silk Air flights), over the last Northern summer’s 95.

Singapore has become a major leisure destination, and a transit hub. People connect to the West Coast, by transiting at Singapore, flying onward to Southeast Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and the US, among others.

For instance, people wanting to fly from Bengaluru to San Francisco, may do so via Singapore, from where there’s a direct SIA flight.”

Recently, the airline also introduced the Ruchi Thali for Business Class guests on the India-Singapore sector, offering a whole range of full-course Indian meals on-board.

“The offering was launched on the Delhi and Mumbai flights on October 30, and will be launched on the Bengaluru flight in the first quarter of the next fiscal,” Lim added. Overall, globally, Singapore Airlines has seen a load factor 80%

Comment

• My prediction for India's first A350 destination is BOM, with SQ422/421 being the flight pair. Fills gaps perfectly in the long haul operations perfectly, meaning that it does not need another plane to be delivered, but rather soaks up existing inefficiencies.

Comment

• My prediction and eyes are definitely on BOM and DEL. Maybe MAA could get a regional A350. The article also points out BLR could get an A350 as well. It's a good sign for these things to happen to the A333 routes as more and more leave.

Comment

• SMG & SMH have both completed their second flights. Hope to see both of them being moved to the Delivery Centre next week for their CAF. If all goes well, they could both be delivered the following week.

SMG

SMH

SMI has had her first Engine Run. RTO should take place next week followed by the First Flight.

Comment

• According to airlineroute.net, from 02JAN, HND goes daily A350 and DME transfers to full A350 operation on all 4 days.

Comment

• New Config for SMK?

With SMJ being the 10th A350 and SQ saying that there will be a medium haul config after the 1st 10, anyone wants to speculate what the config will be like?

SMK is already in the paintshop as of this post

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                            With SMJ being the 10th A350 and SQ saying that there will be a medium haul config after the 1st 10, anyone wants to speculate what the config will be like?
                            This is concerning in itself. AMS, SFO, DUS, DME & JNB/CPT operations will need a minimum of 7 craft. Add on MAN/IAH and that's the 10 pretty much used up.

If destinations such as CPH, FCO, IST & CHC don't warrant a 77W but can't be served by a medium haul configuration, how much longer are they stuck with the ancient 772ERs? Is the new configuration A350 going to have the same range or be limited like a standard 773 compared with a 77W?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              This is concerning in itself. AMS, SFO, DUS, DME & JNB/CPT operations will need a minimum of 7 craft. Add on MAN/IAH and that's the 10 pretty much used up.

If destinations such as CPH, FCO, IST & CHC don't warrant a 77W but can't be served by a medium haul configuration, how much longer are they stuck with the ancient 772ERs? Is the new configuration A350 going to have the same range or be limited like a standard 773 compared with a 77W?
                              As far as I remember the original intent was that the first 20 were for long thin routes and then only the following batch would be for medium haul. I know there were reports earlier this year of the medium haul arriving in 2017. Digging up some reports, the most recent seems to suggest that it is 2018 http://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-ai...s-to-australia (very bottom of the article).

This would match up with idea that the first 20 are long haul (i think there are reports out that they will have 20 by the end of the next fin year) and then they will get the regional 350s at the same time as the 787-10s for medium haul.

Comment

• Hoping for the a350 to start services to chennai soon.this route experiences a full load during the peak season(Jan,April,may,June,Nov,Dec).in fact all Indian routes experience full loads in this time.

These are the festive and holiday periods in India.i think with this in mind Sq might start chennai services sometime in April/may 2017.

Comment

Working...
                                X