A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EWR View Post
    Is it known yet where the extra planes will be deployed to?
    I know one of the routes is SQ247/8 SIN-MEL-WLG and SQ267/58 SIN-MEL which will need minimum one plane, slightly more on return WLG days where there's an overlap in the evening.

Comment

• 9V-SHF has landed at Changi bringing the SQ A350-900 fleet to 34.

Comment

BLR is getting the 350R from 17 May.

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
          Well, given that F is generally going the way of the dodo (and whatever's left is just Suites now), it might be a waste of money to certify and fit 2013F on a hypothetical A35K. Although it makes me wonder whether pulling a KA would be acceptable, by selling long haul J products as F regionally.

They could split the 77W into regional (no PEY, maybe lesser J, heck even 10 abreast Y while we're at it), and long-haul for flights that still justify an F cabin, at least until the 777X shows up and can sell suites in 1-1-1 or something.

All routes that have little F demand can just be run by the A350s, maybe SQ can modify the newer J products and sell something like MH's Business Suites (or whatever is it MU were doing) as an F replacement.
          F is here to stay for SQ else why spend all that money for 2017R and new F for 779.

Comment

• "whatever's left is just Suites now"

EK has fully enclosed suites in 1-1-1 for F on some of their new 77W. I would think that SQ would want to provide at least something equal to 2017R on the 779.
            an infrastructure geek

Comment

They will be deployed onto 10 weekly BLR from 17 May, and then 4 weekly CCU and daily PER, both from 3 June.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                I note on planespotters that it appears 9V-SHI will be skipped.

Although it would be a temptation to spray paint a T on the end, I suspect it also indicates that 9V-SHO will be skipped.

All combinations of H, I, O & X would created two-letter landing gear flap codes that cannot be distinguished from their reverse. HI and IH would be identical when turned upside down from each other, as would HO & OH. As X is never used, that wouldn't become an issue anyway.
                From another production list, MSN322 is listed as 9V-SHI.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                  From another production list, MSN322 is listed as 9V-SHI.
                  This will be interesting to see, then. Skipping WC and KO but running with HI would dash any hope of finding logic in the system.

Comment

• [QUOTE=9V-JKL;224898]F is here to stay for SQ else why spend all that money for 2017R

Yes SQ will retain only a limited 4 F seats in its 777s and for the A380s, will have only 6 Suites when its all refurbished, down from the 12 suites it has on the older A380s.

Comment

I note on planespotters that it appears 9V-SHI will be skipped.

Although it would be a temptation to spray paint a T on the end, I suspect it also indicates that 9V-SHO will be skipped.

All combinations of H, I, O & X would created two-letter landing gear flap codes that cannot be distinguished from their reverse. HI and IH would be identical when turned upside down from each other, as would HO & OH. As X is never used, that wouldn't become an issue anyway.
                      As far as I know 9V-SHI has already keyed into Airbus’ systems as a permanent reg for one of the A350s SQ is taking up specifically MSN 322.

As for 9V-SHO, it’s unclear whether SQ would skip it, but from what it seems, they won’t be skipping 9V-SHO either.

Comment

This will be interesting to see, then. Skipping WC and KO but running with HI would dash any hope of finding logic in the system.
                        Not all registration series requires those letters to be skipped.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                          SQ doesn't have any A35K. What we're discussing is all hypothetical.

If you're talking about the A359, are you referring to the long-haul seat or the regional seat?

If comparing the regional seat, I personally think that due to the larger cabin, the A350 fairs better than the 787, even though the actual seats are identical.
                          yeah I am referring to A359 regional. so this is not called A35K?

The seat is straight to the front
                          visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                            yeah I am referring to A359 regional. so this is not called A35K?

The seat is straight to the front
                            Nope. The regional A359 is still an A350-900.

A35K is code for the A350-1000, which is a longer variant that SQ does not have.

Comment

• 9V-SHG has completed her CAF. Delivery this weekend looks likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SNA View Post
                                As far as I know 9V-SHI has already keyed into Airbus’ systems as a permanent reg for one of the A350s SQ is taking up specifically MSN 322.

As for 9V-SHO, it’s unclear whether SQ would skip it, but from what it seems, they won’t be skipping 9V-SHO either.
                                why are these registrations skipped?

Comment

Working...
                                X