Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overnighting in Zurich

Dear All,

Travelling on Swiss J - Anywhere to overnight in Zurich? Lounge any good or transit hotels in Zurich. I'm paying so it needs to be cheap!

Cheers for any advice.

Clowesy

I don't think the LX lounge is an option because I believe they close overnight.

There are a bunch of hotels in nearby Oerlikon which are served by shuttle buses -- Hilton tends to be pricey but if you can get a room on points, it's quite good and very convenient. The only other hotel near the airport I've stayed in is the Moevenpick, which I preferred due to the more spacious feel. (This assessment doesn't consider the nice upgrades to the Executive Floor that they grant you at the Hilton if you're HH Gold. The staff member in the lounge often remembered me and would occasionally hand me a small carafe of red wine to take to my room "so you can sleep well tonight after a long day". )
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Cheers for the info...didnt really fancy a night in an LX lounge>

Will investigate Hilton and hotels...I have a 09:50 flight out of ZRH so could stay a shuttle bus ride away.

Clowesy

Comment

Whatever you do, don't stay at the transit airside hotel. That's predominantly used for housing people that have been denied entry into Switzerland and are awaiting deportation.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          Whatever you do, don't stay at the transit airside hotel. That's predominantly used for housing people that have been denied entry into Switzerland and are awaiting deportation.
          Right!!!! thanks!

Comment

Like seriously? I've stayed there...
            Home is where your heart is.

Comment

The Park Hyatt Zurich is very good - but doesn't come cheap unless you have Goldpassport points...

Comment

Working...
              X