No announcement yet.

A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was on SQ866 yesterday. Surprisingly Y was almost but front cabin is quite empty. Maybe because it’s a Sunday flight.

Comment

• I have actually started using other ports in the USA because I am fed up of the old economy product on the jfk to sing a380. I pay for all my travel and well I can only afford economy but I can be choosy lol. I hope they eventually get to upgrading this old bird. They even removed the leg rests. When I flew in June they were there and not there in October. Maybe it was an equipment switch. The IFE is really terrible now. The screens don’t show well. Some of the headphones ports give issues. Even the 777er with the retrofitted cabin is so much better!! And the three times I have travelled this route this yr the flight in economy is always full!! And full of Germans too!

Comment

• current refit of its existing older A380s is taking far too long a time.

Comment

• think due to the delay in SKT, SQ have further tweaks for the Version 3.
          latest update is that
          SQ856/861 HKG (388v3) changes to 77W on days 234 on 19-21/NOV and 26-28/NOV.

actually SQ856/861 have been mostly using the version 1 A380 since last week

Comment

• SQ802 have been using version3 A380 since last week. (using the plane from SQ856/861)

Comment

• yeah, whats the story with SKT now.
              never seen an aircraft out of service for almost 10months, unless for major repairs.
              SKS took 5 months to refit. so SKT isn't the "trial" one. at this rate, they're never going to complete refitting all the remaining A380s

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                yeah, whats the story with SKT now.
                never seen an aircraft out of service for almost 10months, unless for major repairs.
                SKS took 5 months to refit. so SKT isn't the "trial" one. at this rate, they're never going to complete refitting all the remaining A380s
                Was SKT one of the A380s to have wing crack issues? That could explain it. Anyhow, I have written to Siaec asking for an update. Will update here once I get a response.
                Last edited by oliverdave; 13 November 2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oliverdave View Post
                  Was SKT one of the A380s to have wing crack issues? That could explain it. Anyhow, I have written to Siaec asking for an update. Will update here once I get a response.
                  Only 4 of the older SIA A380s are affected by the possible wing cracks. SKT should not have this wing crack issue as its fairly young at almost 8 years old, and is a wonder why it have been out for almost a year. SKF, SKG, SKI, SKJ and SKK are all above 10 years old.

Comment

• Paris CDG gets the A380 Version 3 from 1st July 2020, as SQ336/335.

The daily flight also seems to retain the same aircraft into the winter 2020/21 season, rather than the usual 10x weekly B77W service.

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
                      Paris CDG gets the A380 Version 3 from 1st July 2020, as SQ336/335.

The daily flight also seems to retain the same aircraft into the winter 2020/21 season, rather than the usual 10x weekly B77W service.
                      SQ have already limit the no of Suites as 6 for SQ336/335 since early September.

Think SKN is now in refit as well? They would need 2 planes to do SQ336 daily.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                        SQ have already limit the no of Suites as 6 for SQ336/335 since early September.
                        From much sooner than that in fact - since July this year they were capping at 6 Suites on A380 CDG for flights from late March 2020 (start of S20 schedule). Later shifted the cap to July 2020 (since August this year).

Only one aircraft is needed as Mumbai reverts to A380v2 from 1 July 2020. So they're sticking at the measly 1 refit per 6 months rate

Comment

• This may have been covered here before, but I booked SQ638 SIN- NRT next year Oct (2020) and it is currently an A380 V3/4 (?) with Suites and latest J. Used to be operated by a B787 with regional J last time we flew it.

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
                            This may have been covered here before, but I booked SQ638 SIN- NRT next year Oct (2020) and it is currently an A380 V3/4 (?) with Suites and latest J. Used to be operated by a B787 with regional J last time we flew it.
                            SQ637/638 is A380v3 (new products) from 1 Jan 2020. Reverts to A380v2 (old products) from 25 Oct 2020, however. You booked just in time.

There are no more Regional Business Class seats being used on NRT, only a single HND flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
                              SQ637/638 is A380v3 (new products) from 1 Jan 2020. Reverts to A380v2 (old products) from 25 Oct 2020, however. You booked just in time.

There are no more Regional Business Class seats being used on NRT, only a single HND flight.
                              Ahh, yes, the flight is early Oct next year. Lucky then if it stays that way. Personally, I have no issues with the regional J (from B787 / regional A359), but tastes differ.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                                think due to the delay in SKT, SQ have further tweaks for the Version 3.
                                latest update is that
                                SQ856/861 HKG (388v3) changes to 77W on days 234 on 19-21/NOV and 26-28/NOV.

actually SQ856/861 have been mostly using the version 1 A380 since last week
                                SQ856/861 will also be using 77W on 3-5/Dec n 10-12 Dec. there are some dates in Jan which are affected as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X