• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Departure from Rwy21.

Video of the takeoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYz9J_ckvOA

Flying up the Western Australian coast.

Quick visit to the lavatory after seatbelt signs were turned off. 3 lavatories were located between the forward and aft Business cabins, while the galley was all the way at the front. Amenities were well stocked in the lav.

My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Great evening to fly

A very relaxed cabin ambience.

Time to start on the IFE

And also peruse the menu. Dinner would be served on this sector.

Menu for SQ223 SIN-PER sector if you are interested.

Eye-boggling beverage selection, starting with the alcohols.

Mocktails

My Travel Map

Comment

Non-alcohols. coffees and teas.

It had been a while since I last ordered a Singapore Sling onboard SQ, so a sling it shall be! It was perfectly mixed, not too strong as some crew would prepare. And the swizzle stick has now become an ice-cream stick!

Satay was served next as canape. It was surprising as I recalled satay were not served on Australia-originating flights due to some agricultural restrictions as the satays would be flown in from Singapore to be served on the way back. It was great as far as satay in the sky could be, though I have yet to try the MH version.

Leaving the Australian coast and into the sunset.

Dinner was served about 1.5hrs after departure. No trays were used. Starting with the appetiser and breads.

My Travel Map

Comment

Tuna salad starter was fresh. The seared tuna was very thick and generous.

For main, I had pre-booked the Lobster Thermidor. This was the best lobster thermidor I had eaten onboard SQ. It was fresh and chunky, huge portions and tasted way better than the lobster thermidors from SIN. Guess the use of locally sourced western Australian lobsters played a part to ensure the freshness.

My friend had the Roasted duck from the onboard menu. Presented very well, it turned out to be way too salty.

Also tried the Baked chicken thigh in mushroom cream sauce. It was a safe but palatable choice.

Not being a fan of peppermint ice-cream, I had the lemon meringue tart. It was an enjoyable dessert.

Followed by selection of cheeses and fruits. The cheese plate had some uncommon condiments.

Watching our local singer's performance.

Rounding up with pralines and earl grey tea. The whole dinner service was conducted at a very comfortable pace, with excellent and personable service.

My Travel Map

Comment

Reclined to full-flat for relaxation for the remainder of the flight.

Cabin lights were switched off. In the dark, the cabin was still pretty cosy.

An hour to go

Lights turned on before descent, and crew came round to offer pralines and candies. A nice touch.

Approach and landing on Rwy20R.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMHVhZmbpA4

Windows fogged up after landing. We parked at Terminal 3.

Final look at the seat and cabin during disembarkation.

It was an excellent and comfortable flight on SQ A350-900 Regional. The hardware and service were top-notch. Catering was fantastic and the overall experience was up there among the best SQ flights I had flown.

Thanks for reading and comments are welcomed.

My Travel Map

Comment

Hopefully my TR will be up soon! Just came back from Perth myself, flying the 78J in J for both legs. Very nice pictures ycp81!

Comment

Working...
              X