Rebooking vs Reissuance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebooking vs Reissuance

I am a bit confused with the difference between rebooking and reissuance. Can anyone kindly clarify them especially since CX charges a reissuance fee of USD150 even if rebooking is FOC. With SQ, I typically don't have a problem with this since I am not charged a cent for changing a flight before my journey has begun.

Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
    I am a bit confused with the difference between rebooking and reissuance. Can anyone kindly clarify them especially since CX charges a reissuance fee of USD150 even if rebooking is FOC. With SQ, I typically don't have a problem with this since I am not charged a cent for changing a flight before my journey has begun.
    Rebooking is simply changing the date/time on the same booking code.

Reissuance is like exchanging the ticket.

I think this link may give the good explanation.
    http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_...0007d21c39____
    visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
      Rebooking is simply changing the date/time on the same booking code.

Reissuance is like exchanging the ticket.

I think this link may give the good explanation.
      http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_...0007d21c39____
      Problem is that date changes also require a reissuing of the e-ticket or an 'adjustment'. But typically CX should not charge for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
        Problem is that date changes also require a reissuing of the e-ticket or an 'adjustment'. But typically CX should not charge for this.
        Guy you are a TA. So what really the diff then?. I tot in the old day, rebook mean the just stick a sticker to it (i.e. date change), but reissuance means they will change the physical ticket and that's why the airlines charges you as the tiket paper cost them money. Am I right?

I think this thing is no longer relevant as everything is e-ticket
        visit my blog

Comment

Working...
        X