Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another RTW in F (almost?) but Westward this time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting report. I seem to remember the very first reports that came from pax that had visited the FCT that they used to pick you up at the plane when you arrived in either a Porsche or a Mercedes sedan and took you to the terminal and return you on your departure. Is my memory faulty?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter11 View Post
      Interesting report. I seem to remember the very first reports that came from pax that had visited the FCT that they used to pick you up at the plane when you arrived in either a Porsche or a Mercedes sedan and took you to the terminal and return you on your departure. Is my memory faulty?
      The first LH employee I asked about the FCT did say: "They normally come to pick you up". I guess you have to ask for it before you fly. Next time, you can bet I will! But then perhaps when you are incoming from a flight outside of the Shengen area, they cannot do it?

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
        Dinner was served. ...
        I followed it with a fish, but I forgot to take a picture of it ...
        Here is the picture of the dinner served on LH455 couple days later.

Comment

Onward with the trip report.

I arrived at the FCT for my connecting flight to BRU. A lady met me at the outside door and introduced herself as my personal assistant for the duration of my stay. She led me to the security and I proceeded to get my luggage x-rayed and go through the metal detector.
          Ah!!! What a pleasure! The most civilized and courteous security check I have ever seen! And all that from Germans! (Hmmm for those wondering why I say so, as a friend of mine would have said of FRA personel: "they see you not as a customer, but as a part of the process" )
          My personal assistant then asked for my boarding passes and said she would check that my luggage had made it. She asked me if I had been there, and as I replied that I had not been, she proceeded to give me a tour of the place. She showed me all the sitting space, dining area, sleep area and as I asked her to take a shower, she took me to it and told me she would see me when I am done.

I took a shower in the splendid bathroom. Here are a few pictures and you can click on any of them to reveal a video:

After the shower, I felt refreshed and as I left the bathroom, my assistant met me to tell me that my baggage had followed correctly and everything was in order. She would come to pick me at 1pm to go downstairs and would introduce me to my driver.
          I was a bit hungry and decided to have a bit of food. For that, the LH FCT is quite nice! There is a self service buffet, but you can also order from a table, which is what I did.
          There was a special Christmas menu:

And I had a few things:

Well, with all those pictures, I need to finish this post before I can add a few more...

Comment

Unfortunately, the time to board my flight came too soon! And my charming assistant came and led me to the elevator. (Too bad I did not take a picture of her) We had a little chat in the elevator and she was surprised at my story of the closure of DEN.
            She introduced me to the chauffeur who asked me if I wanted to go with a Mercedes 500SLK or a Porsche Caienne. I chose the latter and when asked if I wanted to sit in the front or in the back, I replied I'd rather sit in the front.
            The chauffeur took care of putting my luggage in the trunk. Quite nice.
            Then we drove to the plane. It is quite some distance and it is very enjoyable to see all the big planes around in a way one rarely gets to see. The closest you get to this experience is when you take an uncomfortable bus ride to a plane which does not have a jetway. But if you ever wondered what the experience is like, you can get a feel by clicking here.

Once arrived at the foot of the plane, the driver told me to wait and that he would go check if it was time for me to board. He came back and said that I could board. He did indulge in taking some picture for me.

Finally, he carried my carry on luggage onto the plane and put it in the overhead compartments!

WOW! What a service! I will do this again!

I was the first on board and all the passengers came on a bus about 5 minutes later. The FAs were very pleasant, told me I would not have anybody next to me and offered me drinks before the bus reached us.
            This flight in J to BRU was good, though intra Europe J never has good seats

Comment

A bit of spelling correction. You mean Porsche Cayenne?
              For a reference, here is the link for FCT information:
              http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...d=1771144&l=en

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                A bit of spelling correction. You mean Porsche Cayenne?
                For a reference, here is the link for FCT information:
                http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...d=1771144&l=en

DFP is not wrong...he's spelling it the Italian way or the way europeans usually do

Comment

But the Mercedes used is definitely not 500SLK.

Comment

Originally posted by mechinois View Post
                    DFP is not wrong...he's spelling it the Italian way or the way europeans usually do

The new DFP public defender!
                    I thought Lufthansa web-site is design by Germans who are europeans?

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                      Sorry, don't know much about cars!

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                        Right. But as an excuse, I'll say I am not a Mercedes kind of guy. I wish they had BMW. Then I would know what it was

Comment

Yeah, with oriental blue...

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                            Yeah, with oriental blue...
                            Orient blue!

Comment

Back to the trip.

I spen Christmas with my parents and 2 days later, I was flying back to FRA but this time in Y. Not much to say about that flight.

In FRA, I went to wait for CGK in the SEN lounge. It was less crowded than the last time I was there.
                              When CGK arrived, he took me to the LH F lounge to wait for our SQ325 flight to SIN. I had some soup, the same that I had in the FTC but with a slightly different presentation:

and some champagne. I also had to fix some ticket mix up, hence my being on the phone.

CGK had his usual clear beef consome.

And finally I had a mix of various appetizers.

We boarded SQ325 and had seats 3C and 3D. We had a nice crew:

As is now our customs, we had ordered BTC but told the crew we would have BTC for breakfast and pick an entree from the menu for dinner.
                              But before dinner, CGK caught me taking a nap...

It started with both caviar and foie gras:

Last edited by DeltaFlyingProf; 17 January 2007, 05:31 AM.

Comment

The foie gras was followed by a cream of leek and potato.

For the main dish, I had Grandma Blanc style baised ox cheek served with sauteed bacon, pearl onions, mushroom and steamed potato while CGK had chicken in thai style red curry with french bean, carrot and steamed rice

After that, the FAs surprised me. They brought me cake and a small gift.

I wonder what's in the package

Ah it's the new F suede slippers that were never loaded on the 77W inaugural flight!

Courtesy of CGK and a friend of his for technical support

Comment

Working...
                                X