Can SQ issue TG BP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can SQ issue TG BP?

It's OT but since you guys are discussing TG, just wanna ask here. Can SQ issue TG BP?
    ICN-SIN (SQ ticket) and SIN-BKK (TG ticket), both separately booked.

Why not just start a proper thread?

jjpb3
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

IME, both flights would have to be on the same booking for SQ to issue you a BP for the TG flight. SQ should be able to through check your bags to BKK, but you'll most likely have to get your onward BP at the transfer desk in SIN.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
        IME, both flights would have to be on the same booking for SQ to issue you a BP for the connecting flight. SQ should be able to through check your bags to BKK, but you'll most likely have to get your onward BP at the transfer desk in SIN.
        +1

Bags through checked to BKK but you'll need to pick up your boarding pass at the transfer desk...

Will take about 5 minutes from your duty free shopping experience

Comment

Oh, it's just SQ609 arrives at 10:00PM but my TG flight leaves at 8AMish. So wanted to get my BP to get into the lounge for drinks and web surfing before I head to transit hotel. I suppose transfer desk can't issue TG BP 10 hours before departure time right?

Comment

Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
            Oh, it's just SQ609 arrives at 10:00PM but my TG flight leaves at 8AMish. So wanted to get my BP to get into the lounge for drinks and web surfing before I head to transit hotel. I suppose transfer desk can't issue TG BP 10 hours before departure time right?
            AFAIK TG flights departing SIN only open 2 or 3 hrs before departure. I may be wrong though.

Why not OLCI and print your BP? Can SQ still check your bag through?

Comment

I had similar situation as you, you definitely can check your bag through but you can only get your BP at BKK the following day. Fortunately, you can print out your check-in confirmation at home. Use this check-in confirmation for your lounge/spa entry at BKK.

I have to warn that you may need to pay the airport tax the following day (once you get out of BKK airport) which I was asked to pay. If you are in F, I think you can ask the lounge receptionist to issue the BP for you upon arrival from SIN and you may just get away from paying the tax.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                AFAIK TG flights departing SIN only open 2 or 3 hrs before departure. I may be wrong though.

Why not OLCI and print your BP? Can SQ still check your bag through?
                Go to the Affinity Counter and there's an early check-in for TG (it's right near the Skytrain, and I think Polar Puffs... iirc), they can sort it out for you.

Comment

Tacked on question but different airlines involved.

If I booked LH flight connecting in FRA, can I issue a LH BP, at say LCY or LHR say when I'm connecting onto SQ 25?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    Go to the Affinity Counter and there's an early check-in for TG (it's right near the Skytrain, and I think Polar Puffs... iirc), they can sort it out for you.
                    Oh so that counter is for connecting pax? Always wondered what that was.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
                      Tacked on question but different airlines involved.

If I booked LH flight connecting in FRA, can I issue a LH BP, at say LCY or LHR say when I'm connecting onto SQ 25?
                      You did not mention whether both flights are part of the same booking. If they are, then LH will probably be able to issue your SQ BP. If they are separately ticketed bookings, you'll have to get your SQ BP in FRA. In both instances, LH should tag your bags through to your final destination.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                        Oh so that counter is for connecting pax? Always wondered what that was.
                        I replied in the context of the post. It allows early check-in landside for a variety of airlines.

(Although when I check in for TG J, they sometimes are nice enough to call up the SATS premier check-in to make a special allowance for me to check in early there, otherwise you're apparently not allowed to? No idea - but that's the reason they gave me, could be heresay!)

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                          ........ In both instances, LH should tag your bags through to your final destination.
                          Normally this is the case but BD pulled one on me several years ago when they refused to check through my luggage to SIN on a separate BRU-LHR (by BD) and LHR-SIN (by SQ) tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                            Normally this is the case but BD pulled one on me several years ago when they refused to check through my luggage to SIN on a separate BRU-LHR (by BD) and LHR-SIN (by SQ) tickets.
                            Quite a few airlines have similar policies as described, but they usually allow through checking when the carrier/s involved is a member of the same alliance. Always helps to read the fine print I guess.
                            Last edited by KeithMEL; 15 January 2011, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys

Comment

Working...
                              X