No announcement yet.

A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m beginning to thing SKT has disappeared into a vortex, never to return. How can anything be taking so long given it began before SKS if I remember correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      I’m beginning to thing SKT has disappeared into a vortex, never to return. How can anything be taking so long given it began before SKS if I remember correctly.
      SKT went in for maintainance and refit in Feb this year. SKS is last October.

According to mainlymiles.com, SKT is almost ready for a test flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        I’m beginning to thing SKT has disappeared into a vortex, never to return. How can anything be taking so long given it began before SKS if I remember correctly.
        I was having the same feeling! As if the bird was dismantled within the hanger.....

Michael

Comment

• Being grounded for 7-8 months for cabin refit and even with some maintenance is still too long a time for a plane as it costs several million a month in financial cost.

Comment

• Just came off jfk to Frankfurt on sq25. No foot rests in economy as they usually always had. Did they change the aircraft. It feels a little bit older than the one I have been flying for the last four years. I hope they upgrade this aircraft soon. Feels long in the tooth now

Comment

• Seems SQ doesnt maintain its cabin interior well enough or fix any broken pieces fast enough. I had the adjustable headrest that its so loose that when you out it up, it just slides down and that was in PEY and it was a new aircaft then - SKY. And on another flight on a A350, the headphone jack was not working despite the crew trying with 3 dffreny sets and finally had to use a simple earpiece from EY and only one side have the sound coming out from it. And these are newer aircrafts, and had an experience with a loose armrest on a 77W. Amongst others, in another 77W, the toilet main light dont come on after locking the toilet latch. There have been similiar reports in this forum on unserviceable cabin/seat issues.
              Last edited by flyguy; 13 October 2019, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                Seems SQ doesnt maintain its cabin interior well enough or fix any broken pieces fast enough. I had the adjustable headrest that its so loose that when you out it up, it just slides down and that was in PEY and it was a new aircaft then - SKY. And on another flight on a A350, the headphone jack was not working despite the crew trying with 3 dffreny sets and finally had to use a simple earpiece from EY and only one side have the sound coming out from it. And these are newer aircrafts, and had an experience with a loose armrest on a 77W. Amongst others, in another 77W, the toilet main light dont come on after locking the toilet latch. There have been similiar reports in this forum on unserviceable cabin/seat issues.
                Once my old friend told me SQ has outsourced all seat repairs and maintenance - this is what one expects when you outsource everything really. And this was from years ago - nothing seems to change.

Michael

Comment

• There seem to be another directive these few days for all A380 to be inspected for some cracks.

Comment

• Thought it was only these 4 planes to be checked as reported in July
                    https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...plane-11702406

Comment

• A new AD was issued by EASA with regards to possible cracks on the trailing-edge devices.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...-crack-461364/
                      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Seems the A380 wings have issues since the first aircraft and now more wing related issues are coming in.

Comment

• Originally posted by eamond View Post
                          Once my old friend told me SQ has outsourced all seat repairs and maintenance - this is what one expects when you outsource everything really. And this was from years ago - nothing seems to change.

Michael
                          I believe all of SQ's maintenance and repair is outsourced to Singapore Airlines Engineering Company (SIAEC). This is common practice whereby airlines outsource maintenance and repair to a third-party and do not do it in-house. In the case of SQ, that third-party is really their own 100%-owned subsidiary SIAEC.

Comment

• I was just in upper deck Y of SKG. The seats really weren’t in great shape. The cushioning and IFE screen were all fine, but there were some really bent brackets, tray tables and cables hanging out the back of armrests here and there. My tray table was on a different level, angle and alignment to the person next to me. Seat pockets really skewed and stretched.

(Also by how we landed, SKG’s landing gear might want a tune up...)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                              I believe all of SQ's maintenance and repair is outsourced to Singapore Airlines Engineering Company (SIAEC). This is common practice whereby airlines outsource maintenance and repair to a third-party and do not do it in-house. In the case of SQ, that third-party is really their own 100%-owned subsidiary SIAEC.
                              SQ owns a majority (and not 100%) of the shares of SIAEC. SIAEC is a public company and is listed on the Singapore Exchange.

Comment

• Some tweaks for the new A380.

SQ856/861 HKG (388v3) changes to 77W on days 245 in Feb 2020

consequently:

SQ611/612 ICN (77W) changes to 787 on days 245 in Feb 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X