Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UA2 SIN-SFO 787-9 Polaris Business to San Francisco, Baseball and Yo-Yo Ma in Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
    I've only been to the F section of CX Lounge "The Wing" in HKG once, during that short, wonderful period when I was OW Emerald. Yes, a very impressive place! These days I am a level down, OW Sapphire, which only gets me into the J Lounges when I travel OW.

Spent some time in the past week in various CX J Lounges in HKG, SIN and BKK. All wonderful! I even prefer the CX Lounge in Changi T4 to any of the SilverKris J lounges in SIN!
    Silverkris J in Sin is an embarrassment.

Once a few months back I was flying to SYD on a red eye. I went straight from the office to the airport. Went into T3 Silverkris and wanted to take a shower before boarding. I felt that I was in a swimming pool bathroom. There was a queue and I ended up boarding without a shower.

I'm looking forward to the wing again next month. Plan is to bring the wife to HK for a quick getaway. With the situation now in HK and no signs of de-escalation. I wonder if I can get anything back if I were to cancel the trip, tickets were booked from my BA points and hotels booked by redeeming points.

Comment

Originally posted by Lennyberg View Post
      Once a few months back I was flying to SYD on a red eye. I went straight from the office to the airport. Went into T3 Silverkris and wanted to take a shower before boarding. I felt that I was in a swimming pool bathroom. There was a queue and I ended up boarding without a shower.
      That's no fun!

There was one time I went for a long run in San Francisco, then headed to SFO, intending to shower in the airside SQ lounge in SFO before catching SQ1 home. There was a long queue for showers in the small lounge, and the queue had not cleared by the time they announced boarding in the lounge. By then, everyone else in line ahead of me in the shower queue had abandoned their queue numbers and headed to the gate.

I ended up begging the lounge attendant to reopen the just-closed shower for me to take a quick shower, then dash to the gate. Luckily she sympathised and let me shower before closing up. It would have been very unpleasant for me (And probably the pax around me!) if I had to board SQ1 without having taken that shower!

Originally posted by Lennyberg View Post
      With the situation now in HK and no signs of de-escalation. I wonder if I can get anything back if I were to cancel the trip, tickets were booked from my BA points and hotels booked by redeeming points.
      My impression right now is that business and life is still going on and folks have still been travelling to HK for work or holiday even throughout this period. That said, the situation looks increasingly unpredictable. I have a trip to HK coming up soon, and intend to go ahead, unless advised otherwise by my corp travel and safety folks.

Comment

Working...
      X