Happy Birthday Lobster!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
    I don't have any picture in this occasion, but I am pretty sure, other has a certain evidence.
    I think Lobster's picture is pretty much most of the evidence that we need.
    From the dim sum place, we went to Cafe Artegi???? (Yeah I was unable to spell the Italian word for artisan.)
    I think it was Caffe Artegiano. Amazing coffee went great with the excellent company

and foreshadowed the memorable flight afterwards. (Nice observation about the color of the BPs, Mr Red BP. )

A few more pics from that fun weekend:

The beautiful combination of the manmade and natural that is Vancouver's setting

The views compensated for jet-lagged wakefulness at ungodly hours -- the view at 0300 PDT

Northwest Pacific drizzle transformed, but did not hide, the beauty

Of course, we were relieved to be greeted by beautiful weather that weekend. Our chariot awaited ...

Last edited by jjpb3; 3 September 2008, 07:08 AM.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      I think Lobster's picture is pretty much most of the evidence that we need.
      Hey, I was talking about dim sum evidence with mango theme! Not that pic above.
      Last edited by SQ LPP; 3 September 2008, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Hmmm ... who will get the best seats? (No OLCI or priority boarding. )

The birthday boy got an aisle seat, but he didn't look too unhappy even without window access

This was one cabin where having your camera out was not considered unusual

I had no complaints about the cramped seat pitch and meager reading materials (the water was handed out by a cabin crew member, but not one who worked for this airline -- the last time I saw him serving was between DPS and SIN a few years back)

Speak of the devil , here he is fine-tuning his photography and reminding us where his loyalties lie -- the Golden Bird and Singapore were never too far

Leaving mare firma behind

Here's a view of Vancouver different from what we saw at cafes.

Last edited by jjpb3; 3 September 2008, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
          Thank you all for your birthday wishes. As you will have seen from SQ LPP photos I had a great time in Vancouver with some SQT VIPs. Although one of them did get a little bit over excited.

It's too bad we didn't get a video of that performance.
          For a minute is was almost (okay, maybe not) like being in Bali...

Comment

From the city's bustle, we moved to the surrounding mountains' majestic tranquility ...

... before flying by the commercial brawn of Canada's largest port, and then 'landing'.

See, StarG? Those were views from (not of) the wings (not the sauced variety).

This lucky fella got to sit in the nose of the aircraft (no op-up once again for SQ LPP )

But I think it's safe to say everyone will have fond memories of Lobster's 2008 birthday party flight.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
              It's too bad we didn't get a video of that performance.
              For a minute is was almost (okay, maybe not) like being in Bali...
              Well the photographer should frame the pic inclusive of both hands in order to show the image of a shy-naive-innocent-Balinese-dancer-wannabe.

Comment

Fantastic pics jjpb3 and SQ LPP,...not forgetting the classic Balinese dancer pic Lobster

Comment

Happy birthday
                  (better late than never...)
                  Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Comment

Well the photographer should frame the pic inclusive of both hands in order to show the image of a shy-naive-innocent-Balinese-dancer-wannabe.
                      First a geisha-in-training, then a Balinese-dancer-wannabe, and I was fortunate enough to witness both performances...

Comment

- Dedicated to the Mango Weekend Madness

Lobster, hope you found the mango parcel enjoyable and that the mango fiend left you one

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                          First a geisha-in-training, then a Balinese-dancer-wannabe, and I was fortunate enough to witness both performances...
                          Well, what's for next year? Throw me idea to sit on it! And for what occasion?

Thanks for the pictures of the dim sum, SQFAN. I was too shy to ask for chicken feet.

Comment

You guys missed this view. SQFAN and I tried to walk from Canada Place to Stanley Park seawall. And We only had the energy to go up to nine o'clock gun. But we had this fabulous view.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                              [CENTER] - Dedicated to the Mango Weekend Madness
                              ...Lobster, hope you found the mango parcel enjoyable and that the mango fiend left you one
                              Did someone say mango???

Comment

Good to see you all have a good time in YVR.
                                Hope I'll be able to catch up with you again soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X