• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *A Upgrade Award With UA MP miles

CGK
    *A Upgrade Award With UA MP miles
    « Thread started on: Jul 19th, 2006, 07:07am »
    Just in case some of you haven't gone through UA chats, now UA will allow its MP member to do upgrade on *A airlines, but it's limited to e.g. TG, NH, and LH so far. I would say I am pretty sure SQ will join the wagon soon, but perhaps with more mileage required.
    Anyway, the discussions are in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6083681

jjpb3
    Re: *A Upgrade Award With UA MP miles
    « Reply #1 on: Jul 19th, 2006, 09:31am »
    I'm with you, CGK. I think SQ and UA are negotiating the mileage rates.

Currently for LHR-SIN economy to Raffles, it's 30,000 miles one way according to the calculator. That's lower than the 45,000 required by KrisFlyer, although it's only for higher economy fare buckets. I'd like the availability of the upgrade to preserve the value of my small stash of KrisFlyer miles.

shortfinals
    Re: *A Upgrade Award With UA MP miles
    « Reply #2 on: Jul 19th, 2006, 10:28am »
    on Jul 19th, 2006, 09:31am, jjpb3 wrote:
    I'm with you, CGK. I think SQ and UA are negotiating the mileage rates.
    Currently for LHR-SIN economy to Raffles, it's 30,000 miles one way according to the calculator. That's lower than the 45,000 required by KrisFlyer, although it's only for higher economy fare buckets. I'd like the availability of the upgrade to preserve the value of my small stash of KrisFlyer miles.

considering the sheer ease of earning MP miles - I am somewhat nonplussed (no offense to anyone here). I do think the current situation with MP awards on SQ has to change eventually. SQ doesn't care, it gets paid by UA. I just don't know if UA can afford continuing to pay SQ for it.
Working...
X