No announcement yet.

London meet up with the SuperJonJons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some random man on the street? I'm sorry I didn't pay too much attention to my surroundings. I was concentrating on my duck and getting to my companions quickly.

Comment

Okay, some photographs

Outside view of the restaurant

superJonJons, phaleesy and mrs nickbot with the first delivery of food

Look who joined the SuperJonJons for a spot of lunch

Roast duck

Crispy pork belly, with chilli squid in the background

phaleesy making a purchase at competing local restaurant

mystery man and the rest of the group outside Four Seasons

Was lovely to meet up with you all yesterday, and right now as I post this, mrs SuperJonJon's wish for her European trip is becoming a reality - yes, it's snowing in London

Take care and have a fantastic onward journey!

...oh, and a theatre trip next year sounds excellent, keep us posted!

Comment

I am totally drooling at the sight of that roast duck.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
          I am totally drooling at the sight of that roast duck.
          Looks juicy and tender.
          I wonder whether they ordered a whole duck or two?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            Looks juicy and tender.
            I wonder whether they ordered a whole duck or two?
            One whole duck, de-boned. Just got home and now have a taste for duck,...should've ordered a takeaway after all!

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
              One whole duck, de-boned. Just got home and now have a taste for duck,...should've ordered a takeaway after all!
              Looks like two ducks. UK ducks must be bigger than here.
              How about finding local takeaway roast duck?

Comment

Looks like two ducks. UK ducks must be bigger than here.
                How about finding local takeaway roast duck?
                Probably a good thing we have no duck, as my waistline is rapidly expanding from overindulgence at the weekend!

Comment

oh so sorry didnt get back to you nickbots about attending, i'd forgotton we already booked up that sat, how i could have forgoten i dont know, been reading reports sounds like a good time was had by all, we actually went to the theatre ourselves for our 3rd showing of 'spamalot', 3 different kings all very good,
                  my partner would have loved the food by the way i however am not very adventurous, must show him pics.

Comment

Originally posted by shopaholic View Post
                    oh so sorry didnt get back to you nickbots about attending, i'd forgotton we already booked up that sat, how i could have forgoten i dont know, been reading reports sounds like a good time was had by all, we actually went to the theatre ourselves for our 3rd showing of 'spamalot', 3 different kings all very good,
                    Well, next time (next year for me ) we should all go to do theater then follow by dinner or in reverse order. I just need to drag down the nickbots from the north.
                    Originally posted by shopaholic View Post
                    my partner would have loved the food by the way i however am not very adventurous, must show him pics.
                    We have done many different kinds of food as well as different price range. Next time you can suggest where to go! We did burgers, fish and chips, Hakkasan, Indian food, beigel run, high tea.

Comment

Well, next time (next year for me ) we should all go to do theater then follow by dinner or in reverse order. I just need to drag down the nickbots from the north.
                      For you, SQ LPP, you know that it won't take much effort to persuade us to venture south

Originally posted by SQ LPP
                      We have done many different kinds of food as well as different price range. Next time you can suggest where to go! We did burgers, fish and chips, Hakkasan, Indian food, beigel run, high tea.
                      I'm keen to try the burger place that jjpb3 suggested as an alternative on the Hakkasan night,...Hakkasan was lovely, but a bit out of my price range to be honest. Maybe we should have burger for lunch, followed afternoon tea in the IC Club or Lanesborough, followed by theatre, followed by dinner at either Gold Mine or 4 Seasons, followed by nightcaps with free minibar

Comment

Looks as though I missed a very nice lunch. I'm glad everyone had a good time meeting up.
                        I'm keen to try the burger place that jjpb3 suggested as an alternative on the Hakkasan night,...Hakkasan was lovely, but a bit out of my price range to be honest. Maybe we should have burger for lunch, followed afternoon tea in the IC Club or Lanesborough, followed by theatre, followed by dinner at either Gold Mine or 4 Seasons, followed by nightcaps with free minibar
                        Sounds like a plan, nickbot. Let us know when you and the mrs might be able to visit. Gourmet Burger Kitchen awaits us.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I'm keen to try the burger place that jjpb3 suggested as an alternative on the Hakkasan night,...Hakkasan was lovely, but a bit out of my price range to be honest.
                          the founder/owner of Hakkasan (and Yauatcha) just opened a new place named Cha Cha Moon at Ganton Street, off Carnaby Street. It is amazingly cheap (less than 4 quid for a bowl of noodles) and there's a wide range of singaporean-ish dishes.

http://www.timeout.com/london/restau...ews/12519.html

Some dishes can be a little salty, but by and large, for that kind of price, I think this is decent food.

Comment

Isn't it amazing that I actually missed this thread and all the updates?

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                              Yes, it was indeed an experience for them. I think we called the experience 'approaching the Lion King from the side', since we went east first, then went back south again'. I hope they were not too unhappy with me for misleading them.

SuperJJ tried to do a bit of time travel as well (to meet Mr/Ms Early Edition perhaps? He wanted to buy tickets to Oliver (Mr Bean is in it!) for tonight's show. Turned out the show would only start running in Jan next year.

Don't worry about the misadventure, at least it takes us off the tourist routes.

In the end, we managed to catch Joseph and his technicolour dream coat. Joseph was played by Lee Mead And it was fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                              X