Clear All

• Surcharges for A345 flights on CRTW's increasing

The hits just keep on coming...

From 6 December the Q surcharges will be as follows:

SQ38/37 SIN-LAX vv

B******S CLASS ADULT 500 USD CHILD 375 USD

SQ22/21 SIN-EWR vv

B******S CLASS ADULT 700 USD CHILD 525 USD

I don't think this is public knowledge yet but if you are looking to fly these routes on a CRTW, as I am in March, then get it ticketed before the 6th.

While this is bad, the original idea was to stop these 2 routes being allowed on CRTW's altogether !.

Dear God. Are the nonstop flights seriously bleeding money? For $700, you could basically fly on UA as a 1-stop (albeit less comfortably, but still!).

A quarter billion dollars (per quarter) still isn't enough of a profit?!
    Last edited by globetrekker84; 30 November 2006, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Load wise they do very well apparently, so much so that there was talk of extending the Raffles cabin on them not so long ago. Unfortunately the high fuel price doesn't help the profitability of them to say the least.

I think they've decided to try and get more pax travelling on J & C fares as opposed to D up front. Hence them thinking of banning CRTW's on them.

Comment

This is getting greedy. Sheer greed and lust for money. Disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by shortfinals View Post
          This is getting greedy. Sheer greed and lust for money. Disappointing.
          Is it really that surprising ? I've never thought of SQ or indeed any other airline as a philanthropic organisation. They're out to make as much money as they can and given the choice, would squeeze their customers until the pips squeaked!

Comment

From what I heard, yes the A345 services are bleeding now even at the high loads. To be profitable, they have to raise prices by a surprising %. And these non stop surcharges are nothing like it (yet).
            Last edited by StarG; 30 November 2006, 08:56 PM. Reason: Blah

Comment

Working...
            X