SPG Munich Properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPG Munich Properties

I'll be in Munich for two nights next month and wondering if the Four Points by Sheraton Munich Central is any good, or if I should consider the Four Points by Sheraton Munich Olympiapark.

The Olympiapark seems attractive as BMW World is next door, although I must admit I have to read up on this attraction a bit more.

What about other SPG properties? To further complicate matters, I may consider spending the only full day I have renting a car and driving out to Schloss Neuschwanstein, see a little bit of Bavaria...

Any tips/suggestions?

If I do rent a car I'd probably prefer a hotel that provided free parking (or cheap parking)

Hi Kyo,

I am also scouting for a nice hotel in Munich for 2 nights. Will be there mid/late Apr. I was looking at TripAdvisor and thinking of getting the Flemings or Cocoon as they are both near the old city centre.

The SPG hotels don't seem to have good reviews, thought the Olympiapark location sounds attractive.

Hope you find a good one. Let me know your experience.

Cheers!

Comment

I'm also leaning towards Olympiapark at this point in time as I've still not much idea of what to do in MUC when it's -1 deg Celcius... apart from hit up BMW Welt.

Then probably go walking around town in the afternoon.

I might pop one night into the HHonors account as I do want the 4-stays, 1-free promo.

But I'm also considering the Treffe hotel which if I'm not wrong is under the Wyndham group.

Comment

I actually quite like the Sheraton Westpark (Platinums get upgraded to the suites with club access).

Staff there are not your typical grumpy lot as I have experienced with many German hotels unfortunately. Quite convenient to almost everywhere, metro station is about 20 steps away from the main entrance.

Four Points Central is nice.. Last time I was there I was put into a newly renovated room (very Sheraton'ish). It should be fully completed by now. Walking distance to Oktoberfest grounds.

Also stayed at Olympiapark before - didn't quite like the staff there. Rooms were at best, mediocre (hair in bathroom, stains on carpet, chocolate wrappers in the wardrobe).

Hope this helps

Comment

Always appreciate the input, Leo! Thanks mate!

I'd imagine Four Points is great during Oktoberfest, but right now it's minus 1 degrees and I have no idea what they do there instead when people aren't getting drunk, so...

Right now, I'm thinking one night in Olympiapark (for BMW) and one night in Westpark or Four Points

Comment

Have you heard of Courtyard by Marriott's at Munich Central?

It is midway between Marienplatz and Four Points. The main train station is just 200m away. However, since you are there in winter,,,, haha.... it may not sound too near.

I am considering it for my trip in Apr as they have a good weekend promo. I am slightly hesitent because the internet is not free (a hefty 5 Euro per hour or 12.40 Euro per day). Have not made up my mind.

Let us know of your experience.
            Last edited by KC*; 12 February 2010, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              Always appreciate the input, Leo! Thanks mate!

I'd imagine Four Points is great during Oktoberfest, but right now it's minus 1 degrees and I have no idea what they do there instead when people aren't getting drunk, so...

Right now, I'm thinking one night in Olympiapark (for BMW) and one night in Westpark or Four Points
              Germans not getting drunk???

Well, for starters, go for the Bavarian beer and food... There are a few tours you can do which bring you out to small medieval villages, but I am afraid that it might be a bit tight for a 2-day stop-over.
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Working...
              X