KrisFlyer post-Feb 2007 redemption levels revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhm View Post
    So in other words, you have to bank with KF to redeem/upgrade with SQ on 77W/380 flights ? Nothing at all for other FFPs ?
    If i read it correctly, yes. There's no mechanism for any FFP to pay for A and D class in Miles, except of course Krisflyer. And we know how much they plan to charge for it........

Comment

The only consolation is I scored SQ326 in F a while back and now I hear it is going to be 77W.
      When I think I was trying to get 26! Now I am happy I did not.

Comment

Bienvenue DFP.

That's the only nice thing i can say in this thread. ..

Comment

For 77W/380 flights, caught between the Devil (KF's crazy high redemption levels) and the deep blue sea (no possibility of redemption at all on other FFPs) then!

I remember reading sometime ago on TOF (I can't remember who) that the SQ FFP pre-SQ's entry into *A was only available to those travelling in J/F ? And that post *A entry, KF was started reluctantly by SQ ? Assuming my recollection is correct, I guess these changes reflect the same attitudes on SQ's part.

Comment

Originally posted by shortfinals View Post
            So that's what they'll do precisely. Block I and O on 77W routes.
            To be fair we don't actually know they will do this yet. Although it does seem to be the only way they could make the same restricitions for *A FFP's as KF.

I know they don't care much for toeing the *A line, but this would cause uproar if they basically stopped all *A redemption bookings on the 77W and A380.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              To be fair we don't actually know they will do this yet.
              I asked earlier today - a 100+ day check of SIN-ZRH revealed 0(zero) I and O seats. Vish, if you're reading this, i owe you one for all that hard work.

Comment

I know they don't care much for toeing the *A line, but this would cause uproar if they basically stopped all *A redemption bookings on the 77W and A380.
                Provided SQ are within their *A legal obligations and people aren't going to stop flying SQ because of this, why should SQ care I suppose ?

Comment

To be fair we don't actually know they will do this yet. Although it does seem to be the only way they could make the same restricitions for *A FFP's as KF.

I'd be very surprised if partner FFPs don't get affected by the changes, but a wholesale block to award seats will likely run afoul of *A rules. I think SQ will just jack up the price it charges to *A FFPs. The FFPs then get to decide whether they'll pass it on to members, whether in the form of higher redemption levels or restricted access.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I asked earlier today - a 100+ day check of SIN-ZRH revealed 0(zero) I and O seats. Vish, if you're reading this, i owe you one for all that hard work.

Oh sh*t, looks like that's the way they're going then.....

Comment

Wow
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Having said that about ZRH though, I hear that SQFG managed to get a Seat going to and back in May to ZRH(when it was a 744)... she needs to change her seat assignment from 17A now though.. so yes, that inventory did exist at one time.

Comment

I asked earlier today - a 100+ day check of SIN-ZRH revealed 0(zero) I and O seats.

Assuming that a picture (smileys included) says a thousand words...

All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Grr... No words to describe anything. A good thing that my dinner's not coming out yet considering that I just ate.

What is SQ trying to do? At this rate, we won't be able to avoid the 77w or 380 on some route or another.

Please SQ, wake up your idea. From the replies, they sure look like p*ssing a lot of SQ FFs and not forgetting me! Scholars... sigh...

Comment

I think we need a well written letter sent to the Straits Time Forum section.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                                I think we need a well written letter sent to the Straits Time Forum section.
                                ditto, and I think, right away! But coming from poor Elite nobodies like me, they won't even care. How about a groupie letter from SQT? With the TPPs and QPPs, and the ikan bilis Elites

Comment

Working...
                                X