Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Asia X hints at their London Fares and airport of choice

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story...476&sec=nation

Seems likely to be STN, and will have 50 J sleeper beds. 1200 RM (edit: in Y), J will be 8000RM all in for a roundtrip fare seems like excellent value also interestingly, it seems as though the Y seats won't be charter-cram-em-all-in-like-sardines style either.

"will be configured to house 50 flatbeds (sleeper seats) and the rest would be economy seats but will be bigger and more comfortable than even that of a full service carrier,” Fernandes said in an interview from London.
    Last edited by SQflyergirl; 11 May 2008, 10:22 AM.

Wow. Sound's a bit more promising than one would initially have thought.

Comment

Compared to a full service carrier, bigger seats; cheaper prices (albeit STN); and same size planes ... what's missing from the equation ?!?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        Compared to a full service carrier, bigger seats; cheaper prices (albeit STN); and same size planes ... what's missing from the equation ?!?
        No meals (pay for it), no lounge. no interline luggage, no FFP...........

Comment

I don't think it will be RM1200. Typical AK marketing at work, cheap advertised fare but after all the hidden costs it's going to be at least > RM2000.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            No meals (pay for it), no lounge. no interline luggage, no FFP...........
            i cannot imagine them not serving a meal! this is a great (!!) health risk on board. i am looking forward to some serious lawsuits against this procedure on long haul flights.
            Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
              i cannot imagine them not serving a meal! this is a great (!!) health risk on board. i am looking forward to some serious lawsuits against this procedure on long haul flights.
              All you need is some water and salted nuts to keep on kickin!

Comment

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
                At least you have the option of buying it from them, or, picking up something to eat in the LCCT and "ta pau" onto the plane.

Interestingly, their airline code is D7 and their call sign is Xanadu.

Comment

long haul LCC...hm... from the (ex) HKG long haul LCC O8 which offered 2 free meals, free IFE on both J and Y class, amenity kits, snacks free in J and charge in Y, less chk in bag allowence and end up bankrupt.... bet Air Asia X will know how to balance thing out....

Comment

Originally posted by impresta View Post
                    All you need is some water and salted nuts to keep on kickin!
                    And Air Asia's famous Nasi Lemak !

Comment

picking up something to eat in the LCCT and "ta pau" onto the plane.
                      I had the impression they do not allow this? Or has rules changed? Always found this rule absolutely absurd.
                      Help make this article a better one!

Comment

Originally posted by huaiwei View Post
                        I had the impression they do not allow this? Or has rules changed? Always found this rule absolutely absurd.
                        The rule hasn't changed. Doesn't stop people from doing it though, from what I've seen

Comment

The rule hasn't changed. Doesn't stop people from doing it though, from what I've seen
                          Hoho certainly helps when the Air stewardesses dissapear for long periods I suppose...something people would welcome on LCCs!
                          Help make this article a better one!

Comment

crew often turns a "blind eye" once onboard.

Comment

Just noticed that their flights to PER and OOL showing next year have the 3-3-3 new layout in Y (which was expected, vs current 2-4-2 on single leased A330)

but also they have 2-3-2 (vs 2-2-2) on the XL seats.

Comment

Working...
                              X