The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trent1000 View Post
    Thanks mate. Always good to have you around.
    Ta much. Might even be able to do a catch-up with a coupla SQTalkers when I'm in SIN after the delivery flight or at the JetQuay event.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
      But you are SQfanatic! You must know. How can you use that handle if you are so clueless?
      I'll leave it at the fact the 787-10's will have 3D maps whether or not that is confirmed. Remember when we had A330's? They had the same 2D map as the 2006 77W (before its retrofit). If that doesn't answer your question just message me Wan1dap and we can discuss more there.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
        I'll leave it at the fact the 787-10's will have 3D maps whether or not that is confirmed. Remember when we had A330's? They had the same 2D map as the 2006 77W (before its retrofit). If that doesn't answer your question just message me Wan1dap and we can discuss more there.
        Your posts are total gobbledygook. Please stop clogging up the forum with your drivel.

Comment

I'll leave it at the fact the 787-10's will have 3D maps whether or not that is confirmed.
          Nice to see you that you still have your favorite obsession!

Comment

Sounds like welcome news for PER. I wonder if it will replace the 333 given that there are 1-2 to leave this Fiscal Year as mentioned on another thread.
            I fly to PER regularly so this is bittersweet. I liked the economy seating of the A330s but if I fly C occasionally, would take the new Regional C, although the angled flat isn't that bad at all if I am not on the red eyes.

I did notice for June, the SIN-PER-SIN rotation will only be down to 2 A330s while the other 2 are B777s.

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            Remember when we had A330's?
            SQ still have A330s btw

Comment

• One more snippet: delivery flight will make a tech stop at Osaka.

Also, and within reason, I'll be happy to answer reasonable questions about the whole delivery flight / famil / 'junket' thang from a journo's perspective.
              Last edited by djsflynn; 22 February 2018, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Singapore Airlines website now listing May 9 as start of Singapore-Perth Boeing 787-10 service on flights SQ215/SQ216.

Comment

• Itinerary for Boeing 787-10 delivery flight as follows: delivery ceremony on evening of March 26, we depart CHS at 2300-ish (emphasis on the -ish, could be a bit after midnight on March 27, flight number TBA) and head to Osaka for a tech stop (no time advised as yet, sorry KIX planespotters) and then its onwards to SIN for the official welcome at JetQuay on the morning of March 28, although we will detour via T2 for pax who wish to disembark at that stage.
                  Last edited by djsflynn; 23 February 2018, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
                    Itinerary for Boeing 787-10 delivery flight as follows:
                    David will you be able to post articles via wifi during the flight or will there be some kind of embargo?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ217 View Post
                      David will you be able to post articles via wifi during the flight or will there be some kind of embargo?
                      We've not been advised of any embargo as yet, so if there's WiFi you can be sure we'll be posting as best we can (latency often the issue with filing into a CMS).

However, it's always possible that there will be am embargo timed against issuing an SQ HQ press release. That was the case with CX premium economy, for instance: first time we saw the seats was when we boarded the delivery flight, but there was an embargo in place for around 11am the day after we landed.

Comment

• Thanks djsflynn for the intelligence. It's nice to have Singapore Airlines as the launch customer of the B787-10, after receiving a decade ago the A380 that's falling out of favour. Please count me in for any gathering you might organise while you're in town. I'm keen to meet like-minded people for a couple of drinks!

Comment

• SQ22: current itinerary has me free on evening of March 28th (the 787-10 arrives that morning) and I'll probably be staying at the SIN Crowne Plaza, so I'm up for any drinks or such that anybody here cares to arrange (if I can leave that in the hands of the group).

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
                            SQ22: current itinerary has me free on evening of March 28th (the 787-10 arrives that morning) and I'll probably be staying at the SIN Crowne Plaza, so I'm up for any drinks or such that anybody here cares to arrange (if I can leave that in the hands of the group).
                            Sure, djsflynn. 28 March (Wed) evening looks good. Let me take the lead in organising the meetup. Will start a thread in the meetup folder soon.

Comment

• Will the new 787-10 with its 337 seats be a bit too much seats for SIA as a medium range aircraft and to replace its A330 (285 seats) and some 772 (266 seats refitted) as all its current twins have seating below 300 seats. Believed SIA should have fitted in some PEY seats in its 787s so that in future all its aircrafts have PEY across as standard.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                                Believed SIA should have fitted in some PEY seats in its 787s so that in future all its aircrafts have PEY across as standard.
                                SQ might have figured that PEY is a hard sell on short-, medium-haul flights which the 787-10 will operate. Instead of a small PEY cabin which would be hard to fill on a regional flight, more Economy seating might allow SQ to charge lower fares to counter low-cost carriers, taking advantage of the 787-10's low operating costs.

Comment

Working...
                                X