Confirmed : SQ to start flights to DUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dobbo View Post
    Thanks for the info! I think the big difference is cargo capacity?
    Definitely. The 77W is a very good plane for cargo. The A350 is not as capable; cargo-wise it's about an equal for the 787 in terms of maximum LD3s, plus its MTOW is not as high as the 77W.

Comment

So, who has already booked the maiden SQ flight to DUS?

Comment

Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
        I wish I could so much. If it had been scheduled exactly two weeks earlier I would be on the first return flight.

Comment

Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
          Not sure how anyone is supposed to book as DUS still doesn't appear in the drop down menu on the website yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Not sure how anyone is supposed to book as DUS still doesn't appear in the drop down menu on the website yet.
            It was always there to book as a codeshare... Honestly where do they find their web developers

Comment

Without looking at the exact numbers I don't think SQ's A350's are much different in capacity to the aircraft on the route now and the old two class 772ER's that used to go nonstop.

MAN used to handle a daily nonstop flight to SIN with ease. In fact, shortly before the triple whammy of the GFC, lack of aircraft due to delayed 380's and poor fleet planning along with a huge increase in the price of oil (MAN was heavy on fuel as it was the longest nonstop 777 flight in the network) the route was doing so well that they requested a second daily flight three times a week to cope with the demand. I used to be waitlisted for a JCL seat quite often in those days.
              Had a decent run down to Christchurch on one of the 772ERs the other day. Some memories, but they do show their age in the cabin.

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, Dobbo.

If you are only flying back into MAN on SQ328 and not out from there on SQ327 then you stay on board in MUC for the hour the aircraft is on the ground. We are supposed to be decoupling from MUC and going nonstop on the A350 but when (or if) that happens only a few in the tower at Airline House can know for sure. It's met with a shrug of the shoulders by the staff at MAN these days.

It was supposed to be one of the first to get it so it is slightly worrying that hasn't happened. From a route viability point of view the sooner they do that the better imo, even if it means we lose F on the route. CX are having a ball on their new route to MAN and are also supposed to be going daily next year. The A350 nonstop with Y, PE and J would be ideal for the route.
                I have now experienced the MUC stopover. Aside from observing that MUC is a fabulous airport, I found the stopover to be a pain. I hope it is uncoupled ASAP if the economics stack up.

On that note, the aircraft was roughly 50:50 split MUC:MAN. Overhearing a couple general discussions, it seems that a number of pax ex MAN on the SIN route frequently use the ME3 via their respective hubs rather than the SQ stopper (as all routes require a stop to SIN in any event from MAN - even if you went via LHR, AMS or CDG).

I hope we see news on this during the course of 2016.

Comment

Tonight's the inaugural SQ338 service to DUS!

Gate B8 seems to be the designated celebratory gate.

Seems like 9V-SMA has the honours tonight.
                  Last edited by 9V-SPL; 21 July 2016, 09:18 PM.
                  Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Printing error in SQ ad in the Straits Times today (21 Jul). It reads SQ478 SIN-DUS.

Amazing that such errors can be made when SQ ads usually dont really have that many words in it.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
                      Printing error in SQ ad in the Straits Times today (21 Jul). It reads SQ478 SIN-DUS.

Amazing that such errors can be made when SQ ads usually dont really have that many words in it.
                      Maybe because it's got too little words that why the error. I for one make small errors but super proof check a lot on long works. Human habit perhaps. But agreed that it needs better proof check.

Comment

The bird has safely arrived at DUS.
                        Tonight will be a nice party organized by SQ where I am invited. They have chartered a cruise ship and we will have dinner on the boat etc. I can even bring along my wife as the pesonalized invitation is for 2 persons.
                        It is not uncommon that SQ organizes events here in Germany. At least one time a year you are invited to a restaurant of your choice with your PPS service representative.

Comment

Some pics from the inaugural flight SQ338
                          Event at Gate B8

Prizes for quiz "winners" (you don't have to know the answers, the MC will tell you)

SVP Marketing Planning, Ms Lee Wen Fen giving speech

9V-SMA doing the honor tonight

Goodie bags are distributed during boarding

Comment

On arrival in DUS, water salute is given

During taxiing to the gate, many ground crews taking picture or simply looking on

Parked safely, welcome to Düsseldorf, Singapore Airlines

The certificate

Comment

Thanks for the great pics netsurfe!

Really wish I could have been on that flight. Was it full?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                                Thanks for the great pics netsurfe!

Really wish I could have been on that flight. Was it full?
                                It looked pretty full.
                                In J, I didn't see any empty seats, not sure about Y though.

I was talking with a guy, seated one row behind me, turned out he is from the media (a newspaper in Indonesia) and he said many media people are traveling on SQ's invitation, from Indonesia, Australia, Philippines etc. At least 10 persons and they are seated in J.

Comment

Working...
                                X