SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > All About Singapore Airlines

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th December 2015, 04:09 PM   #286
SQ228
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 16-Dec-2010
Location: Currently MEL, sometimes DUS
Programs: KFEG
Posts: 2,545
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leops1984 View Post
They've opened a microsite for the A350:

http://www.singaporeair.com/microsite/a350/

Nothing we already didn't know, but something to keep an eye on.
Who on earth do they employ to make their websites? Great concept but some of the worst digital design I've seen put out by a quality international company.

A few of the photos look like they were taken on an iPhone4 and then rather than correcting faults such as appalling colour noise they seem to have used some kind of awful Instagram filter to make the quality worse. The text clashes horribly in its placement on some of the images and apparently SQ are now flying to "DÜSSELDOLF"...
SQ228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2015, 04:25 PM   #287
SQKevin
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 05-Apr-2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leops1984 View Post
They've opened a microsite for the A350:

http://www.singaporeair.com/microsite/a350/

Nothing we already didn't know, but something to keep an eye on.
It's most likely created in anticipation of 9V-SMA's roll onto the flight line, which could be as early as today or very likely sometime next week. Once out on the flight line, it typically takes 2 weeks for the first flight to take place.
SQKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2015, 05:14 PM   #288
yflyer
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP3
 
Join Date: 12-May-2011
Location: Singapore
Programs: Krisflyer/Star Gold
Posts: 5,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leops1984 View Post
They've opened a microsite for the A350:

http://www.singaporeair.com/microsite/a350/

Nothing we already didn't know, but something to keep an eye on.
Thanks for the microsite link, leops1984!

The J and Y seats look very similar to the seats introduced on the 77WN. For the PY seat, it is harder to tell from the microsite pics how similar it is to the current PY seat.
yflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2015, 09:27 PM   #289
FSJZ
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 30-Oct-2010
Posts: 463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yflyer View Post
Thanks for the microsite link, leops1984!

The J and Y seats look very similar to the seats introduced on the 77WN. For the PY seat, it is harder to tell from the microsite pics how similar it is to the current PY seat.
Yeah the A350s (the first 20 at least) will come with 2013 J, 2015 S and 2013 Y.
FSJZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2015, 07:07 PM   #290
iancasillas
SQTalk Elite Silver
 
Join Date: 15-Mar-2015
Location: SIN
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yflyer View Post
Thanks for the microsite link, leops1984!

The J and Y seats look very similar to the seats introduced on the 77WN. For the PY seat, it is harder to tell from the microsite pics how similar it is to the current PY seat.
It will be the same PY seat. Its just launched 6 months ago!
iancasillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2015, 09:05 PM   #291
Jumbojet Lover
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Jumbojet Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: 26-Dec-2009
Programs: Krisflyer, TrueBlue, Flying Blue, AAdvantage
Posts: 499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancasillas View Post
It will be the same PY seat. Its just launched 6 months ago!
I remember reading somewhere that the A350 PY would have some minor changes/improvements from the current PY.
Jumbojet Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2015, 09:37 PM   #292
leops1984
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 25-Apr-2015
Posts: 312
Default

I imagine there might be some small modifications just because the A350 is about a foot narrower inside the cabin compared to the 77W and they're putting the same number of seats per row in.
leops1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2015, 10:45 PM   #293
mr_botak
SQTalk PPS Club
 
mr_botak's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-Mar-2008
Posts: 341
Default

So much for XWB!
mr_botak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2015, 10:49 PM   #294
leops1984
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 25-Apr-2015
Posts: 312
Default

To be fair, the XWB designation is to set it apart from the "original" A350 design, which had the same cross-section as the A330. And it's just that bit wider than the 787.
leops1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2015, 10:13 PM   #295
nuomiz
SQTalker
 
nuomiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-Dec-2014
Posts: 7
Default

If you look at pictures of the seats (A350 microsite and PY microsite), you can see some minor differences. Most obvious is the orange accents and the direction of the handsets.

http://siapremiumeconomy.com/

http://www.singaporeair.com/microsite/a350/
nuomiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 11:20 AM   #296
SQfanatic
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 05-Nov-2008
Location: SFO
Programs: KrisFlyer
Posts: 1,810
Default

Happy New Year to everyone! 2016 is looking positive in my books (In life, and assuming SQ as well).

This is the year (beginning) SQ gets the A350, but anyone know when the first A350 flight could be? Also I know next month CX gets their A350 as well
SQfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 12:02 PM   #297
SQKevin
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 05-Apr-2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQfanatic View Post
Happy New Year to everyone! 2016 is looking positive in my books (In life, and assuming SQ as well).

This is the year (beginning) SQ gets the A350, but anyone know when the first A350 flight could be? Also I know next month CX gets their A350 as well
9V-SMA appears to be delayed with regard to cabin fitting and has yet to roll out from the final assembly line onto the Flight line. If Airbus is to keep to a January 2016 delivery for the first SQ A350, it needs to roll out 9V-SMA latest by early next week. 2 weeks is typically needed for engine testing including first engine run and rejected take off (RTO) leading up to the first flight and 2 weeks for flight testing and customer acceptance flights.

If an end of January delivery is maintained, we can expect to see the first scheduled SQ A350 flights for crew familiarisation in the first week of February to Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta.

Delivery of the first CX A350 has been delayed to March 2016 believed to be due to some changes requested by CX to the business class seats.
SQKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2016, 03:08 PM   #298
SQfanatic
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 05-Nov-2008
Location: SFO
Programs: KrisFlyer
Posts: 1,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQKevin View Post
9V-SMA appears to be delayed with regard to cabin fitting and has yet to roll out from the final assembly line onto the Flight line. If Airbus is to keep to a January 2016 delivery for the first SQ A350, it needs to roll out 9V-SMA latest by early next week. 2 weeks is typically needed for engine testing including first engine run and rejected take off (RTO) leading up to the first flight and 2 weeks for flight testing and customer acceptance flights.

If an end of January delivery is maintained, we can expect to see the first scheduled SQ A350 flights for crew familiarisation in the first week of February to Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta.

Delivery of the first CX A350 has been delayed to March 2016 believed to be due to some changes requested by CX to the business class seats.
I see. It will be exciting to know how people think of the A350 XWB. Hopefully it will replace short haul routes such as Chennai in India in the future (Would be nice to have two planes with longhaul products, 77W and 359).
SQfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2016, 12:05 AM   #299
djsflynn
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
Join Date: 16-Nov-2010
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancasillas View Post
It will be the same PY seat. Its just launched 6 months ago!
Not exactly the same... SQ exec has described it as a "somewhat new seat... but the look and feel will be more or less the same."
djsflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2016, 08:26 PM   #300
9V-SPL
SQTalk PPS Club
 
9V-SPL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 26-Dec-2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian Business Traveller
"The medium-range configuration will not be too different from what we have for long-haul" Tan tells Australian Business Traveller, adding that "eventually all (of Singapore Airlines) A330s will be replaced with the A350 medium-haul aircraft in 2017-18-19"
http://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-ai...m-range-config
__________________
Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...
9V-SPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Techadmin: Luke | Hosting: www.lomag.net