SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > All About Singapore Airlines

Old 6th February 2018, 12:53 PM   #1756
9V-JKL
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2

In the same way, SQ serves France with Boeings (at least for now)
9V-JKL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2018, 02:44 PM   #1757
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: PPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9V-JKL View Post
In the same way, SQ serves France with Boeings (at least for now)
Paris yes, but not Toulouse. That would be rubbing it in.
259850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 04:29 AM   #1758
SQfanatic
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: KrisFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
SIN-ICN-SFO was dropped when SIN-SFO (SQ32/31) came online, rationalizing capacity. Why would SQ reinstate SIN-ICN-SFO again? In a move to offer more frequency and capacity, with a de-emphasis on load factor, yields and profitability?

Kindly explain, SQfanatic. I'd like to hear your thought process on this.
One thing I know is SFO is a major Star Alliance hub like say, IAH is as well. I think SQ could do that for increasing capacity, and also giving choices for flight times ex-SIN, but if they had to, they could definitely do it from another airport in Asia (i.e. TPE, HND). Right now, every US port has a flight arriving into SIN between 5-7am. SFO does from UA, but not from SQ.

If demand is another thing, maybe ICN-SFO wouldn't work out if it has to do with the load factor. Then again, they still want to keep ICN as a fifth-freedom route. That was a thought, but they can still always keep ICN-LAX if they think that does better than when they had it go to SFO. If they replace SQ8/7 with the new nonstop flight, and SQ wants to maintain the fifth freedom route, where else would it go to? SEA? JFK? EWR? If any of that had to happen, I would still hope the fifth freedom route would continue to a city on the West Coast on SQ rather than the East.
SQfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 06:02 AM   #1759
Tonitan
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: Krisflyer,Privilege Club,Asia Miles,Flying Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQfanatic View Post
One thing I know is SFO is a major Star Alliance hub like say, IAH is as well. I think SQ could do that for increasing capacity, and also giving choices for flight times ex-SIN, but if they had to, they could definitely do it from another airport in Asia (i.e. TPE, HND). Right now, every US port has a flight arriving into SIN between 5-7am. SFO does from UA, but not from SQ.

If demand is another thing, maybe ICN-SFO wouldn't work out if it has to do with the load factor. Then again, they still want to keep ICN as a fifth-freedom route. That was a thought, but they can still always keep ICN-LAX if they think that does better than when they had it go to SFO. If they replace SQ8/7 with the new nonstop flight, and SQ wants to maintain the fifth freedom route, where else would it go to? SEA? JFK? EWR? If any of that had to happen, I would still hope the fifth freedom route would continue to a city on the West Coast on SQ rather than the East.
SIN-ICN-SFO has seen weak and erratic loads when it existed. Today,there are many one stop options from S.E Asia/Oceania to numerous ports in USAís western coast. Clearly,in a strategy to define itself against competition,SQ has to offer direct service and exercise capacity rationalisation. Airlines donít operate certain routes because they love a certain city (RE:SFO). And I would like to hear your grounds on why SQ would like to Keep ICN as a fifth freedom port??Perhaps you have some privilege data or information on the usefulness of ICN that board members are unaware of?? Or some strongly researched points on making that statement?
Tonitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 10:47 AM   #1760
SQfanatic
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: KrisFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonitan View Post
SIN-ICN-SFO has seen weak and erratic loads when it existed. Today,there are many one stop options from S.E Asia/Oceania to numerous ports in USAís western coast. Clearly,in a strategy to define itself against competition,SQ has to offer direct service and exercise capacity rationalisation. Airlines donít operate certain routes because they love a certain city (RE:SFO). And I would like to hear your grounds on why SQ would like to Keep ICN as a fifth freedom port??Perhaps you have some privilege data or information on the usefulness of ICN that board members are unaware of?? Or some strongly researched points on making that statement?
Your information makes more sense than mine.
SQfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 08:12 PM   #1761
JonathanL
SQTalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonitan View Post
If u read his past posts, u know his information are mostly conjured up
JonathanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 10:41 PM   #1762
SQKevin
SQTalk PPS Club

9V-SMU is displaying her Final Registration and is ready for her Delivery Flight later today.
SQKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2018, 05:51 AM   #1763
SQKevin
SQTalk PPS Club

9V-SMU has taken off on her Delivery Flight as SQ8895. She is expected to arrive at Changi at 7.00pm (local time) this evening.
Old 10th February 2018, 01:38 PM   #1764
EKCH
SQTalker

From A350 Production Twitt @A350_Production

The last A350-900 (SQ#21, MSN186, 9V-SMU) for @SingaporeAir with the current configuration has been delivered and is airborne bound for @ChangiAirport !

Next subtype: A350-900ULR !

Deliveries of the regional-A350 for SQ will start in late-2018.

Last edited by EKCH; 10th February 2018 at 01:44 PM..
EKCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2018, 05:53 PM   #1765
SQKevin
SQTalk PPS Club

9V-SMU has landed at Changi bringing the SQ A359 fleet to 21.

The next A359 Delivery will be the ULR in August. The regional A359 is reported to follow in late 2018. This needs to be officially confirmed.

Last edited by SQKevin; 10th February 2018 at 06:04 PM..
Old 11th February 2018, 05:55 PM   #1766
HUGE AL

Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, A3 Gold, LM, BA Gold, AA 1MM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D7, SPG Life Plat, Hertz Prez

Quote:

If demand is another thing, maybe ICN-SFO wouldn't work out if it has to do with the load factor. Then again, they still want to keep ICN as a fifth-freedom route.
Sweet! A return of the entertainment!

SFO is one of the most expensive USA cities to park a plane. The cost overruns due to Willie Brown's complete mismanagement of the airport expansion and the massive delays due to fog and the short runways only add to the misery. 16 years later and the airport is STILL completely outdated (with bankrupt Chinese solar panels that don't work to boot) and gravely in need of a complete gut.

This ICN Fifth-Freedom thing is fascinating...
Old 11th February 2018, 06:16 PM   #1767
vasqflyer
SQTalk Elite Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQKevin View Post
9V-SMU has landed at Changi bringing the SQ A359 fleet to 21.

The next A359 Delivery will be the ULR in August. The regional A359 is reported to follow in late 2018. This needs to be officially confirmed.
Appreciate the updates!

If the regional A359s do start in 2018 that would make very quick deliveries for the 7 ULRs!
vasqflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2018, 07:12 PM   #1768
FN-GM
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Quote:
One thing I know is SFO is a major Star Alliance hub like say, IAH is as well. I think SQ could do that for increasing capacit.
SQ is struggling to fill aircraft to IAH, why would they increase capacity?
FN-GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2018, 10:32 PM   #1769
9V-JKL

According to the A350 production list site, the 1st ULR is now in Final Assembly.
9V-JKL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2018, 12:15 AM   #1770
A380-SQ
SQTalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9V-JKL View Post
According to the A350 production list site, the 1st ULR is now in Final Assembly.
As in Post #1765
Delivery for the first ULR is estimated for August..
Why it is already in final assembly?
Is the First 350 ULR Delivery now before August this year?
A380-SQ is offline   Reply With Quote