SQ to Israel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
    CX has China in their backyard. Chinese companies are doing quite some business in Israel and with limited connections from China, I believe that CX can tap from that demand.

For SQ it will be more challenging to make that route work.
    As well as Singapore, SQ's backyard would be Australia, New Zealand, Bali, and don't forget all those Filipina aged care workers in Israel travelling home once a year. SQ could have the shortest and most direct service from all major Australian cities and Israel more then enough to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by ZRHKKSR View Post
      As well as Singapore, SQ's backyard would be Australia, New Zealand, Bali, and don't forget all those Filipina aged care workers in Israel travelling home once a year. SQ could have the shortest and most direct service from all major Australian cities and Israel more then enough to make it work.
      The routing is complex and not the most direct (see discussion above. Currently the best option would be SQ/TK via IST or connect in BKK to the El Al flight.
      I'am not so sure if it makes economical sense for SQ to open that route. We got to see...

Comment

Removed as it was a repeat of the post which was reviewed by admin and subsequently posted as post 58.
        Last edited by ZRHKKSR; 11 April 2017, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Its in motion, SQ submitted the request for landing at Ben Gurion airport starting from next summer. Not sure if it means 2017 or 18.
          https://www.touristisrael.com/singap...el-aviv/19522/
          I believe the above link was posted last year and was one of the triggers for this thread in October. So this is not something that was announced recently.

Apart from that, I've not heard of any new announcements. Two days ago, Changi Airport was on the news announcing new destinations but TLV was not mentioned at all. http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...ngi-travellers

Comment

Originally posted by aviwil View Post
            Well , great work , people .
            I think , whoever is in charge around here , needs to notify SQ Management , that SQTalk heavies have weighed in , and reached their decision on this .
            Looking at the posts on this , it's quite obvious that members commenting , are highly trained professionals , with obviously many years experience in the higher echelons of aviation planning , and not just a group of amateurs sounding off on topics they hardly have a clue of . Probably also self-evident that SQ Planning Dept has become more or less redundant - SQTalk will be handling things from now on .
            Post have mentioned all sorts of reasons like security , lack of market , route problems , wind , geo-strategic considerations , complicated destination , and more . I do get the distinct impression from the posts , that some want to torpedo the SQ TLV route . I would have thought , around here , the exact opposite would be the case . I mean SQTalk is like an Aviation enthusiast forum - right ? No politics , hatred etc. here . Great . So can someone explain , why anyone would want to prevent the SQ TLV route from going ahead ?
            Dont be a pissed off, sudden and unprecedented influx of Asian carriers could draw unwarranted attention, more so with Middle East region being shamed all of a sudden with the travel ban and now their airports and airlines being passed off as risky.

Palestine issue is also going from bad to worse today Israel approved new developments in West Bank after 20 years, terrorists who were planning on attacking their own people might have a wake up call with these developments and change their minds and start looking for other softer targets.

Asians have to think of their own interests over others, why should this neutral, friendly region attract hostility.

Comment

Originally posted by singha-puri View Post
              Dont be a pissed off, sudden and unprecedented influx of Asian carriers could draw unwarranted attention, more so with Middle East region being shamed all of a sudden with the travel ban and now their airports and airlines being passed off as risky.

Palestine issue is also going from bad to worse today Israel approved new developments in West Bank after 20 years, terrorists who were planning on attacking their own people might have a wake up call with these developments and change their minds and start looking for other softer targets.

Asians have to think of their own interests over others, why should this neutral, friendly region attract hostility.
              One sided political correctness strikes again. I am not clear about how new developments in West Bank have anything to do with SQ. According to your analogy and given recent terror acts SQ should immediately quit Europe all together.

Comment

One sided political correctness strikes again. I am not clear about how new developments in West Bank have anything to do with SQ. According to your analogy and given recent terror acts SQ should immediately quit Europe all together.
                Are you who I think you are?

Comment

I don't understand the need for acerbic language here. Most of us are here because we are SQ or aviation enthusiasts or travelers seeking more info and tips flying SQ. while SQ management may monitor the conversations to glean an understanding of (only) a segment of the revenue, SQ as a profit-seeking company, accountable to its shareholders, is driven by no other goals but $$$. I think most of us here have no illusions abt that - whether new seats, IFE, experiences, etc, all these are directed towards nothing else but profits. Politics I believe has nothing to do with routes except risk management. Geo-politics in this particular corner of the world dictates that risks are higher, and profits are lower shd a circuitous routing becomes necessary. I think that is abt all to it

Comment

Originally posted by jammed View Post
                    I don't understand the need for acerbic language here. Most of us are here because we are SQ or aviation enthusiasts or travelers seeking more info and tips flying SQ. while SQ management may monitor the conversations to glean an understanding of (only) a segment of the revenue, SQ as a profit-seeking company, accountable to its shareholders, is driven by no other goals but $$$. I think most of us here have no illusions abt that - whether new seats, IFE, experiences, etc, all these are directed towards nothing else but profits. Politics I believe has nothing to do with routes except risk management. Geo-politics in this particular corner of the world dictates that risks are higher, and profits are lower shd a circuitous routing becomes necessary. I think that is abt all to it
                    I think we've pointed out quite a few times now, how for us it's objective, aviation based discussion that goes on here, but it falls on deaf ears. When someone has an ideological barrow to push, even the slightest difference of opinion is turned into a major issue. Neutrality is not good enough, they accept nothing less than full agreement with their views. This discussion thread is doomed, quite frankly.

Comment

My apologies for the confrontations comments. Just about every place on this planet has some kind of dispute going. I sincerely believe it should be kept out of the SQ discussion forum.

Meantime here is how to recover from a left spiral…. >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dSrjVR0MvE

Comment

Palestine issue is what its all about, is Europe occupying any Arab lands and integrating it into their own? Arab air embargo on traffic to / from Israel is only for that reason, otherwise SQ would be flying there through Iran and Saudi Arabian airspace and El Al too vice versa, infact Arab carriers would be in Israel as well.

And as mentioned by someone above all depends on profitability.

Comment

Confirmed AI DEL-TLV staring next month using Saudi Airspace. Since LY flight takes 8 hours, AI will be the winner with the expected 5 hours journey.

https://www.outlookindia.com/website...direct-/308001

Comment

This might signal the warming of relations between Saudi Arabia and its Zionist neighbour. In today's uncertain world filled with constant tension in every corner, it would greatly help to make friends, not enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
                              This might signal the warming of relations between Saudi Arabia and its Zionist neighbour. In today's uncertain world filled with constant tension in every corner, it would greatly help to make friends, not enemies.
                              I believe this is a case of "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" as both countries seem to dislike a large neighbor further east. But clearly this is not the forum to discuss geopolitical issues, and I will stop commenting here.

Comment

Actually, a flight from DEL would involve very little of Saudi airspace by the great circle distance. Is AI otherwise meant to route through Central Asia and Turkey like CX does? The problem that LY has it it cannot even overfly Iran and has to go over the Indian Ocean and then the Red Sea. I wonder if this would have to be applied to all Israel bound flights no matter the airline
                                Last edited by EWR; 26 February 2018, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X