No announcement yet.

SQ and MI to charge for seat selection in Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This just came to me. If I have a multi pax PNR in Economy lite, one of whom is an elite member, does it mean only the elite member can select seats for free, and the rest would have to pay for seat selection? If so, it makes no - okay partial - sense. A desired seat is always relative to others

Comment

For Economy Lite tickets, if I choose not to pay for seat selection at the time of booking, can i go into the system, say 1 week before my departure date, and pay for seat selection then?

Or is it the case that I must either pay when I book my seat, or wait till 48 hours before hand? This is my first time booking under this system, and I'm curious to know if most pp actually pay up for seat selection, or make a mad dash for seats 48 hours before departure?

If there are 3 passengers in a single booking, am I right to say there is no guarantee that we will be seated together if I don't pay for seat selection and wait to choose only 48 hours before departure?

If it makes any difference, I intend to fly SIN-ICN in Dec 2018.

Thanks!

Comment

double post
        Last edited by banoffi; 14 February 2018, 04:08 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

I did a dummy booking for July, in which I might travel to India sometime this Summer. Even in spite of the peak season, it is still ridiculous that SQ is charging for selecting seats on a certain fare ($20 USD according to the dummy booking). Looks like I'll continue booking from a TA in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
            This just came to me. If I have a multi pax PNR in Economy lite, one of whom is an elite member, does it mean only the elite member can select seats for free, and the rest would have to pay for seat selection? If so, it makes no - okay partial - sense. A desired seat is always relative to others
            Exactly - which is quite ridiculous. Booked a Silkair flight on Economy lite for 3 pax, only one of which is PPS. Only the PPS member gets to select the seat for free or see the extended selection of seats, which defeats the purpose of the so called privilege as it would mean sitting apart from the rest of your traveling party.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              I did a dummy booking for July, in which I might travel to India sometime this Summer. Even in spite of the peak season, it is still ridiculous that SQ is charging for selecting seats on a certain fare ($20 USD according to the dummy booking). Looks like I'll continue booking from a TA in any case.
              Oh please don't be so naive. You think the TA will absorb the $20 fee for giving you a free seat assignment? You'll either get the $20 added to the quoted fare or only able to select a seat during online check in process

Comment

You will still get charged no matter what. TA will add their "service fees" into their fares. OTA usually does not offer seat selections, you get your PNR, and enter it into SQ manage booking, you will still get charged

Comment

You see what I mean when I say you post lots of gibberish and junk? FFS, think before you type. And before you click Submit Reply, think again - ask yourself, where is the clear, cogent, and authoritative basis for you to make whatever statement you have just typed. If the basis comes from SQfanatic and/or any member of SQfanatic's family, then please hit backspace and/or the back button on your browser.

You are implying in this umpteenth misleading post of yours that booking from a TA allows you to avoid paying for seat selection for certain fare types. And you know, I did tell you something very similar...

Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
                  That can only be based on the assumption that with the new fares, your father and/or your travel agent will purchase the more expensive fare that allows selection of all kinds of seats.

SQ228 is just telling you that the ROUTE via which you purchase SQ tickets does not affect your benefits, it is the FARE TYPE, which can be purchased whether through a travel agent or a website, or from Komala's if it becomes an authorized SQ ticket distributor...
                  And your response then was (which apparently was also misleading):

Understood now.

Comment

Working...
                  X