X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lobster View Post
    Well good luck to her
    Absolutely.

The Black Swan will still get my custom if it still has the giant yorkshire pudding
    I am pleased to confirm they do indeed, it's exactly the same menu.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      ...and those who are not mates with her on Facebook ...
      MAN Flyer uses Facebook?!?
      HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
        MAN Flyer uses Facebook?!?
        Don't be silly.

I just know at least a couple of members of this board are friends with Nuch on there.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          F

To add to this the Black Swan, a favourite haunt of Lobster and myself a few hundred yards away, has also now closed (not surprising as that area is worth a fortune for condos/hotels/malls) and has moved to Soi 19 at the side of the Westin. I popped in for a look at the new place and while nice and shiny being new I didn't like it to be honest. The reason the old place was great was it had a number of TV screens to watch different games/sports. The new one only has one.
          I checked the new location out the other day and have to agree it is no longer somewhere to go to watch sports. But the food will still probably drag me there now and again.

I checked out the Drunken Leprechaun today at the Four Points on Soi 15. Looks like it will be a good place for watching sports, with one big screen and several smaller ones. Unfortunately the food was not that great.

Comment

• Park Hyatt Bangkok Status

Well, we have a website now:

http://www.bangkok.park.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

[Which means little to nothing given the fiasco of the GH Bahamas.]
            HUGE AL

Comment

• The outdoor terrace at BarSu opened last night. Nice place to watch one of the world's craziest streets. Lets hope it breathes some life back into it.

Comment

• Park Hyatt Bangkok = TIT At Its Finest!

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                The last report I heard was an (unbelievable) opening date of October 2014. Somebody told me that slipped to December. However, they are now officially stating, "...we head towards the Opening of this highly anticipated Luxury Hotel in mid 2016."
                Official website updated today with, "...opening fourth quarter-2016..."
                HUGE AL

Comment

• Park Hyatt Bangkok - TIT Update

Per Hyatt Corporate (confirmed on TOF):

Opening now slated for March 31, 2017

My popcorn has already gone stale...
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Per Hyatt Corporate (confirmed on TOF):

Opening now slated for March 31, 2017

My popcorn has already gone stale...
                    Believe it when you see it. TiT.

At this rate the Hyatt Regency near the SGS will be open before it....

Comment

• Park Hyatt Bangkok - TiT Update

Official website changed to reflect, "opening first quarter 2017"
                      HUGE AL

Comment

• Park Hyatt Bangkok - TiT Update

We now appear to have some press :

https://www.businesstraveller.com/ne...en-early-2017/
                        HUGE AL

Comment

The building's architecture is quite jaw dropping...

Wonder if the regular rooms will look anything like that Presidential Suite bedroom in the article...

Comment

• Well, I am now in Bangkok and staying at the Millenium Hilton..... this time a double upgrade to a panoramic suite

This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Update for the SGS for those who haven't been there for a while.

Happy Hour / Cocktails started at 4pm months ago now. This has since been tweaked so that only BarSu has the complimentary drinks from 4-6pm, then you can use the other two locations as before. This does seem to have breathed new life into BarSu, at least early on, and it was quite busy when Lobster and I had a drink there a couple of weeks ago.

BarSu now also open at 11:30am to for lunch in the hope of catching the non-resident lunch folk from the area. Will be interesting to see how that goes. So we await the SQTalker SGS resident to update us on this.

I also tried the new Hyatt Regency on Sukhumvit earlier this month. It looks promising but I will wait until it is fully open before trying it again. The outdoor terrace in the Regency Club and the rooftop bar sound promising.

Comment

Working...
                              X