No announcement yet.

SQ F Simply Fantastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice trip report, Peter11; I'm certainly looking forward to the next installments.

I was going to reply sooner, but was stunned when I tried to imagine what it would be like to be the only one in the new F cabin. I just emerged back into reality. Congratulations! It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

(Don't you hate it when SQ F raises your travel expectations? )
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

CGK, I think the caviar appetizer you had on ICN-SIN was similar to what I got on my SIN-HKG-SIN flights. Seems like the caviar/appetizer combo dish is now a standard for all intra-Asia flights. Yeah, this is a big step down from the usual caviar service.
      Last edited by StarG; 17 February 2007, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Look up my menu in the quotes. The long haul portion ICN-SFO as well as SFO-ICN has the caviar combo. Thus it's for 77W since my FRA-SIN on 744 had the regular caviar.
        I can report back on my SQ12 744 aircraft next week.

Comment

Another ugly cost cutting for F

Sorry, missed that SFO-ICN caviar part.

to SQ for the caviar service cutback.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            Alas ive yet to visit Ibiza - but Ive certainly participated in Ibiza-esque events.
            i visited Ibiza in the past....
            go go to the disco.... go go to the disco
            There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
            If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

As the crew sprung back into service my champagne returned, although I seem to recall that they used to serve warm nuts with the initial round of drinks (cost cutting?).

No Peter, drinks are usually served with warm mixed nuts or satay. However, you just need to ask for the nuts as well. Either one of the above is meant as an accompaniment. On the A345 flights, you may be offered canapes too

I have on occasions, dreaded eating the satay and the crew will very gladly come back to offer me a nice warmed dish of mixed nuts.

Comment

to SQ for the caviar service cutback.

There is a worldwide shortage of wild and farmed caviar. SQ is just doing their part to reduce the consumption. Most cruise and airline industries are supposed to be involved with this participation.

The purser on my flight explained this to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mechinois View Post
                  There is a worldwide shortage of wild and farmed caviar. SQ is just doing their part to reduce the consumption. Most cruise and airline industries are supposed to be involved with this participation.

The purser on my flight explained this to me.
                  Hmmm... wild caviar, yes.
                  But I have read an article somewhere that the next best thing, farmed caviar - like those in California - is getting bigger and bigger.
                  I would have thought the least SQ can do is to serve those?

Comment

No Peter, drinks are usually served with warm mixed nuts or satay. However, you just need to ask for the nuts as well. Either one of the above is meant as an accompaniment. On the A345 flights, you may be offered canapes too
                    Ah... okay. I couldn't really be sure about this earlier. Thanks for the confirmation.

Comment

No Peter, drinks are usually served with warm mixed nuts or satay. However, you just need to ask for the nuts as well. Either one of the above is meant as an accompaniment.
                      Jus a background, we, UA flyers, always concern about our nuts! But yes, I noticed that if satay is served, nuts would not be around. Thus, next time will ask for it.
                      On the other hand, a few times I was served both. Did this mean that I had the over-the-board excellent crew?

Jump ahead a bit. The catering seems occasionally having problem. On our SQ15 ICN-SIN, satay was not loaded. What we got were satay like using toothpicks: two pieces of meat and one large shrimp with tomato and ... Of course, peter's meats were larger than mine.
                      Last edited by CGK; 18 February 2007, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                        Hmmm... wild caviar, yes.
                        But I have read an article somewhere that the next best thing, farmed caviar - like those in California - is getting bigger and bigger.
                        I would have thought the least SQ can do is to serve those?
                        SQ is serving FARMED caviar. After all the shortages with wild ones...everyone is turning to farmed caviar...thus, there is a ripple effect creating another shortage.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                          Tell that to the Green Monster Folks with a brushwing and how much potential flights they've lost from me ever since I started flying SQ F on a consistent basis last year.
                          My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            Congratulations! It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Thanks JJPB3. But yes, you are right, my expectations are way too high now. Probably need to fly on TG or something to get things back in perspective!

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                              i visited Ibiza in the past....
                              go go to the disco.... go go to the disco

Hmmmm.....something tells me there is more to the story than that! Same goes for you KeithMel.

Last edited by Peter11; 18 February 2007, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                                Jump ahead a bit. The catering seems occasionally having problem. On our SQ15 ICN-SIN, satay was not loaded. What we got were satay like using toothpicks: two pieces of meat and one large shrimp with tomato and ... Of course, peter's meats were larger than mine.
                                Calling them "satay like" is a very big stretch. It was a mushrom and a shirmp on one tooth pick and some lamb on another. There was no peanut sauce. It was not satay at all which is a major letdown.

Also, CGK, you are getting ahead of me a bit (BTW is your mind ALWAYS in the gutter? ) . The whole "Does Size Matter?" discussion is coming up later when we compare and contrast the 77W suite with the 744 Sky Suite.

Comment

Working...
                                X