No announcement yet.

DO:Oslo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TG flies direct! good for me, a 1 stop from KUL.. prospect of attending this looks brighter (it's a A40-500)

Comment

Hi

Yes, that is a sausage And this is what it looked like when I was done:

As mentioned earlier in this thread...you guys should think about doing Stavanger or Bergen on the west coast instead of Oslo. Yes, Oslo is the biggest city and that is where most things are happening. But the western fjords are really beautiful and it is a unique experience compared to just visiting "another town".
      Regards
      Gard
      http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures

Comment

Just finished planning the rest of my vacations for this year and have no more leave to take a couple of days off midweek, so I'm out.

Comment

*gasps* at the finished food picture.

Comment

Here is a place near where I live (in Stavanger)...at Kjerag you can check out the view of the Lyse fjord 1000 meter above sealevel:
            Regards
            Gard

Comment

Referring to the food picture (finished and unfinished)

Are we supposed to suck the eyeball as well just like how one would devour fish head here in Asia? And the teeth? Wow.

Comment

Well, you are supposed to eat the eat but they say leave out the pupil ;-) The best is of course the meat on the cheeks :-)
                Regards
                Gard

Comment

Gard,

Bit early in the year for Smalahove isn't it??

Anyways, would be interesting to meet up, even though I am new here, especially since I work in the south of Norway (Kristiansand - KRS). However I may be back in Singapore for the F1 race during that time...
                  God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Would be good to meet you if you are around, will add you to the 'Interested' list.

Obviously would be a shame if you were in SIN instead for the F1...

Also, we're changing this to just a mini-DO as it seems the most prolific posters will find it hard to attend during the week, which is fair enough as there are other pre-DO events being organised enroute!

I wish I had more time in Norway, honestly - I'd have liked to explore from the South all the way to the North. I did want to visit Bergen, Trondheim and hopefully catch the Aurora Borealis further up North (I heard September's one of the better months). If it's just the few of us, I may even try to get a few others to a charter/day trip up North. Thus far we've already discussed one or two outlandish ideas..
                    Last edited by Kyo; 21 July 2009, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leo View Post
                      *gasps* at the finished food picture.
                      Same..! Lækker mad, eller vel?
                      Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; 21 July 2009, 02:56 PM.

Comment

That would be good Kyo...

Norway is a really beautiful country with dramatic fjords and mountains... But you need to give yourself a lot of time to travel around.. The most beautiful area is in Vestlandet (Western Coast of Norway, where Bergen is located) but it does rain quite a lot there.. Kristiansand (Southern Norway) is very nice in the Summer but pretty wet and cold during the other seasons.. Suggest you look at the Hurtigruten (http://hurtigruten.com/norway/) which is a cruise you can do from the west coast all the way North, but it is pretty expensive as are most things in Norway..

Looking forward to meeting up and I will try to delay my trip back to SIN as much as I can!
                        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Ummm... You sure know how to pick 'em, Kyo+...

London slides to world's 22nd priciest city
                          Catherine Boyle

The precipitous fall of the pound to $1.40 earlier this year has led to London slipping from the rank of world's second most expensive city to 22nd, according to research by UBS, the investment bank.

Oslo is now the world's most expensive city, according to the study, followed by Zurich, Copenhagen, Geneva, Tokyo and New York.

If the recent rebound of sterling to about $1.70 was taken into account, London would move up the rankings to become the world's fifth most expensive city.

The cheapest cities are Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Delhi and Mumbai, according to the figures, which are based on a basket of 144 goods and services.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6801672.ece

Comment

LOL!

We are most likely downgrading this to a Meet! Expect an official announcement within this week... I hear there may be a 'pre-event' somewhere more accessible also...

Not to worry, I will bring/borrow/steal/rent a tent if costs get too prohibitive!

And we will make up for the alcamahol in the lounge and in the air!

Where is the Norwegian contingent?! Stuck in a fjord somewhere, undoubtedly! Hehe..

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                              Oslo is now the world's most expensive city, snip

The cheapest cities are Kuala Lumpur snip
                              Argh. Whilst we're there, since I'm the poor malaysian, can we just drink tap water and crackers by a lake or something?

Comment

I vote for a change of venue.
                                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                                X