CGK and SQFlyergirl ride the 77W again (CDG-SIN in J) - 11 Dec 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    If CGK is playing Red Kebaya Girl once again (as at the Bali Do 06 Party Flight), maybe yes!
    Ahh - all that for one more stick of satay.... skirts and kebayas!

Why don't y'all just come over here and i'll double it - on the house. No crossdressing needed.........

Comment

Sounds like a KUL Do in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter11 View Post
        Sounds like a KUL Do in the works.
        I'd be more than happy to organise........ but then, you'd probably not show up

Comment

Well, at least I have an excuse. ShortFinals is right there in KUL and as I recall he seems to not show up at your parties either.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
            And CGK is wearing his BA sleeper suit.... Traitor! What happened to the new Gyvenchy suit that won't catch his or jjbp3's chest hair?
            SQTalkers do not love me anymore. They are all obsessed with jjpb3 chest.
            Well, there is a reason behind the BA sleeper suit. If I wear the new SQ suit on my J SQ333, it will create a big scene for all those PITAs in F. Hey, if you are in F, and see a Y or J pax wearing same suits as yours, it would be akward right?

Note: I do like wearing pjs on my J ride especially for 12 hours flight time. But, unfortunately, you should not expect that the FAs will hang your clothes for you in the closet.

Comment

I forgot to ask: how was the service? Were the cabin crew more up to SQ Raffles standards?

(Yes, I'm glossing over CGK's lament, as it's completely baseless. )
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                and if i show them my underwear, may i get double satay!?!?!?
                Maybe more. Remember - less is more.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  I forgot to ask: how was the service? Were the cabin crew more up to SQ Raffles standards?

(Yes, I'm glossing over CGK's lament, as it's completely baseless. )
                  I thought the crew were very good. Part of the reason was because it was the same crew that took me up to paris two nights before. They were very friendly.

As CGK and I boarded i was welcomed like a homecoming queen boarding her glorious chariot.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                    They are all obsessed with jjpb3 chest.
                    Because it's worth getting obsessed over

Comment

Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet, but has anyone figured out the max wattage for the in-seat power on these new seats? I do hope it's 85W+.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                        Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet, but has anyone figured out the max wattage for the in-seat power on these new seats? I do hope it's 85W+.
                        I used my Mac 15 inches during the flight on SQ333. There was no problem with my power supply. But not sure the wattage though.

Comment

In compliance with FAA requirements, in seat power supply (ISPS) outlets are configured to limit electrical power drawn from notebooks up to 75W. This limitation is applicable to both AC/DC ISPS outlets.

Read it somewhere in Silver Kris mag or something, too pissed on the Piper Heidsieck to remember
                          Last edited by mec; 15 December 2006, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK
                            I used my Mac 15 inches during the flight on SQ333. There was no problem with my power supply. But not sure the wattage though.
                            Was it a PB or MBP? Because the MBP uses an 85W power supply. It will trip the circuits if the battery falls down to 98-99% when the computer starts charging it.

Originally posted by mechinois
                            In compliance with FAA requirements, in seat power supply (ISPS) outlets are configured to limit electrical power drawn from notebooks up to 75W. This limitation is applicable to both AC/DC ISPS outlets.
                            Cool. Thanks for the info.

Looks like we're gonna have to write to the FAA to change that rule, especially now that a multi-core systems are becoming the standard for computers.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                              You should know. I had you buy the 60W expressly for that reason!
                              Was it a PB or MBP? Because the MBP uses an 85W power supply. It will trip the circuits if the battery falls down to 98-99% when the computer starts charging it.
                              It is a MacBook Pro. As I posted somewhere else (forgot if it is on FT or here), you can run the MBP from a 60W supply. In fact it can even charge the battery from it (it will take longer).
                              This is a know trick, I did not invent it, but that supply will not trip the circuit.
                              As an aside note, you are supposed to remove the battery before running it in the plane (if you read the documentation on board, it does say it is forbidden to charge batteries).
                              Last edited by DeltaFlyingProf; 15 December 2006, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                                You should know. I had you buy the 60W expressly for that reason!
                                I know I have that 60W, which is a smaller box. But the one I used on SQ333 was the original size, bigger one. (Note: You know I like something large, big, and heavy)

Comment

Working...
                                X