The new SQ cabin classes - Discussion & speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inflight call functions

I tried the new 777-300 cabin on a long haul, pretty good experience.

I am however puzzled by the new inflight call functions. There are a handful numbers that can be called free of charge (e.g. SITA technical support, Visa, Mastercard and even Panasonic Technical Support). What puzzled me the most is that passenger seats have free call access to the telemedical assistance as well as OCC. I thought that the function would not work but when I pressed on "SIA ENG OCC", someone answered my call, presumably from the Operations Control Centre. Anyone knows why pax are given access to these functions that are rather reserved to the operational staff. Was it a system error? Great if anyone could enlighten this.

Here is the list of free calls passengers can make:

24 hours Aircom Customer Service
    Technical Assistance
    SIA CMIV MOC (what this means???)
    Panasonic Customer Care
    AMEX
    Diners International
    Mastercard Asia
    JCB
    Tenzing Customer Support
    GES (what that means???)
    SATCOM
    Panasonic Conference
    Last edited by r123; 12 January 2018, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• Flight dates released for HKG and LHR flights for new A380

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...tm_source=hero

From 16 February a new A380 will take on SQ322 (Singapore-London) on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, and fly the SQ305 London-Singapore return leg from 17 February to 5 April 2018; but as of 7 April, the new superjumbo will switch to the London-Singapore SQ317 service on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

Hong Kong also gets some new A380 love from 18 February to 6 April: catch it on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays as SQ860 (Singapore-Hong Kong) and SQ863 (Hong Kong-Singapore)

As of 8 April 2018 it will switch to Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays as SQ856 (Singapore-Hong Kong) and SQ861 (Hong Kong-Singapore).

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post

From 16 February a new A380 will take on SQ322 (Singapore-London) on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, and fly the SQ305 London-Singapore return leg from 17 February to 5 April 2018; but as of 7 April, the new superjumbo will switch to the London-Singapore SQ317 service on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

Hong Kong also gets some new A380 love from 18 February to 6 April: catch it on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays as SQ860 (Singapore-Hong Kong) and SQ863 (Hong Kong-Singapore)

As of 8 April 2018 it will switch to Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays as SQ856 (Singapore-Hong Kong) and SQ861 (Hong Kong-Singapore).
        Yeap. I just got the email notifying me of the seat change from 77A to 67K for my flight to Hong Kong on 11 March

Comment

• Will it most likely be daily on Sq322?

Been looking at SIN-LHR in July/Aug and can't find any saver seats on Sq322, only a few Standard seats here and there.
          Last edited by MAN Flyer; 16 January 2018, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ninja-tim View Post
            Will it most likely be daily on Sq322?
            Been looking at SIN-LHR in July/Aug and can't find any saver seats on Sq322, only a few Standard seats here and there.
            Yes the plan is SQ322 will be daily in the new config by then. That's probably why you won't find many saver awards at this stage on SQ322 from about April onwards.

Exact date is likely to slip as the cabin fits in Hamburg are taking a bit longer than they should. The second aircraft for example was originally due in SIN last week of January and should have launched on SQ322 from 2nd Feb, but now won't arrive in SIN until week commencing 12 Feb, hence the later launch.

Comment

• SIN - HKG - SIN will see 2 A380 (depart 1 hour apart) from 8 April, replacing A350

Comment

• Hi guys, i am pleased to join the SQTalk Forum.

I am flying in Mai 2018 for 2 Weeks with SQ26/S25 FRA-JFK-FRA.

I love the SQ A380... i am a bit concerned about A380 on this route, because
                lot is changing with A380 fleet.

I don´t care about the new or old A380 Version.

How do you think are my chances to fly still with A380 in May? will there be a possibility for a aircraft Change?

when i booked in dec. 17 it showed A380 on the Routing.

thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
                  SIN - HKG - SIN will see 2 A380 (depart 1 hour apart) from 8 April, replacing A350
                  this one is interesting. just read the press release too.
                  i'm assuming 9V-SKV will be delivered by then? Or is SYD no longer having SKU.

Comment

• Originally posted by A380-SQ View Post
                    Hi guys, i am pleased to join the SQTalk Forum.

I am flying in Mai 2018 for 2 Weeks with SQ26/S25 FRA-JFK-FRA.

I love the SQ A380... i am a bit concerned about A380 on this route, because
                    lot is changing with A380 fleet.

I don´t care about the new or old A380 Version.

How do you think are my chances to fly still with A380 in May? will there be a possibility for a aircraft Change?

when i booked in dec. 17 it showed A380 on the Routing.

thanks in advance.
                    I would rate the chances of this route changing away from the A380 before May at about 0.1% so I think you're pretty safe.

Once the new ULH A350s are delivered, and NYC starts getting direct flights again, there's plenty of likelihood that SQ26/5 may switch to a 777, but this won't be happening before May.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                      this one is interesting. just read the press release too.
                      i'm assuming 9V-SKV will be delivered by then? Or is SYD no longer having SKU.
                      SQ860/863 is showing A350-900 now, that means only 1 A380 will be on this route.

Yesterday:
                      Last edited by sutrakhk; 16 January 2018, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• I am planning to go LHR in December. Any chance for SQ308 to have the new cabin by then?

Comment

Will it most likely be daily on Sq322?
                          Originally posted by Sweet Suites View Post
                          Yes the plan is SQ322 will be daily in the new config by then. That's probably why you won't find many saver awards at this stage on SQ322 from about April onwards.

Exact date is likely to slip as the cabin fits in Hamburg are taking a bit longer than they should. The second aircraft for example was originally due in SIN last week of January and should have launched on SQ322 from 2nd Feb, but now won't arrive in SIN until week commencing 12 Feb, hence the later launch.
                          SQ322 has never had any Saver Awards released for a very long time already, even before the new product launches. It is the most popular night time departure that connects all South Pacific routes to LHR, not to mention a lot of O&D demand for such red eye flight.

You should check SQ317 (LHR-SIN). There used to be Saver Awards available. and now waitlisting is still possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post

Man, my guess on LHR was right. But neat they're sending it to HKG. No love on the NRT route, yet since it is still operated by the 3-class 77Ws.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                              SQ322 has never had any Saver Awards released for a very long time already, even before the new product launches. It is the most popular night time departure that connects all South Pacific routes to LHR, not to mention a lot of O&D demand for such red eye flight.

You should check SQ317 (LHR-SIN). There used to be Saver Awards available. and now waitlisting is still possible.
                              Yeh SQ317 has a lot of savers at the moment which is really good news.

I assume/hope it'll be daily by July/August?

Comment

Yeh SQ317 has a lot of savers at the moment which is really good news.

I assume/hope it'll be daily by July/August?
                                It might depending on how many more new frames come by then. Later this year they're also supposed to start the A380 refits.

Comment

Working...
                                X