Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the Conrad Bali compare with the Grand Hyatt Bali?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the Conrad Bali compare with the Grand Hyatt Bali?

Hi all,
    Am planning on taking a holiday in Bali in a couple of weeks time. I have previously stayed at the Grand Hyatt and was wondering how the Conrad compares. I've checked out tripadvisor however feel none the wiser. Would really appreciate some feedback on the same. Also, would be open to hotel recommendations preferably in Nusa Dua, Jimbaran or Seminyak with a budget of US$250 nightly.
    Thanks for any contributions!
    Viraj
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Hi,

I just got back from a weekend trip to Bali. We stayed at the Cicada Luxury Townhouse Seminyak which is absolutely fantastic in my opinion. I would say it is a hidden gem. You can get a great rates from Wotif.

Get a good local driver for about $50 per day and you are set to go

Aaron

Comment

I have only stayed at the Hyatt in Sanur not the Grand Hyatt in Nusa Dua (where I have only eaten), but I have stayed in the Conrad three times now and going off what I saw of the GH I would go for the Conrad.

Comment

Thanks for the input. Managed to get a corporate discount for the Conrad and am looking forward to staying there.
        Thanks again,
        The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

The GH is one of those big resort properties in the rather boring and clinical part of the island in Nusa Dua. I stayed there for a night only to use up a free Hyatt night that was expiring and for $$$ would not return.

Don't get me wrong, rooms are decent enough and fodd is okay but overall the property is way too big, too stretched out and has tons of package tour folks from Mainland China and Eastern Europe. It can be very noisy around the pool and beach area. The beach itself is halfway decent but once you get into the water and want to swim you have to walk very far into the ocean and need to navigate many rocks. Not pleasant IMHO.

F&B as most big hotels is terribly overpriced and even when compared to places like the Inter-Continental in Jimbaran the Hyatt is expensive in my view. The Conrad would also be my preferred choice over the GH. It has a more intimate and local feel. The GH could be in any resort type location in the world and you wouldn't know the difference.

Comment

Stayed in both. Another vote for Conrad..

Comment

Working...
            X