Minimising the Stress: BKK Taxis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
    But I have found taxis around town a real pain to use the meter. The last trip I did I had to argue the whole journey with the guy, even as he drove off he was complaining.
    I think you are right. I have never had problems getting back to the airport on the normal taxis. Meter would be turned on, we would always have checked the fare with the hotel before leaving. The only problem was the traffic.

As for taxis around town... I've made quick exits from taxis when they refuse to turn on the meter. I can't be bothered to argue. If they choose to ignore my repeated requests to use the meter, I'd just jump out after a few metres and start walking towards another taxi.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
      As for taxis around town... I've made quick exits from taxis when they refuse to turn on the meter. I can't be bothered to argue. If they choose to ignore my repeated requests to use the meter, I'd just jump out after a few metres and start walking towards another taxi.
      Good move.
      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

I'm against using Taxi for going around in city, mo-sai is the way, well sometimes it can be more expensive that taxi ride but you get to your destination faster. Combination of skytrain/subway/mo-sai is the way getting around BKK.

disclaimer: i don't take any responsibility if you end up somewhere in the BKK hospital after usinng mo-sai

Comment

Originally posted by mhadian View Post
          I'm against using Taxi for going around in city, mo-sai is the way, well sometimes it can be more expensive that taxi ride but you get to your destination faster. Combination of skytrain/subway/mo-sai is the way getting around BKK.

disclaimer: i don't take any responsibility if you end up somewhere in the BKK hospital after usinng mo-sai
          Hahaha - I have been known to use those on the odd occasion. You are right, thats the REAL way to get around!
          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Perhaps we can do a mini-amazing race BKK...

Utilising seatbeltless taxis, tuk tuks, 'Song-Taew' or 'Songthaew' (or however they're spelt ) & Hotel Limos

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
              Perhaps we can do a mini-amazing race BKK...

Utilising seatbeltless taxis, tuk tuks, 'Song-Taew' or 'Songthaew' (or however they're spelt ) & Hotel Limos

And good ole fashion walking!
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                And good ole fashion walking!
                As long as it's not July in Bangkok. What miserable humidity!* Singapore felt like a refreshing seaside resort after that.

Go on, Kyo, organize the first SQT BKK (a.k.a. Pansy) Do.

*And thus I confirm my membership in the Pansy Club.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  As long as it's not July in Bangkok. What miserable humidity!* Singapore felt like a refreshing seaside resort after that.

Go on, Kyo, organize the first SQT BKK (a.k.a. Pansy) Do.

*And thus I confirm my membership in the Pansy Club.
                  I know it may sound weird, but after some time in Norway I miss the old humidity! Granted I will be swearing my head off just after a day or two in it...

Yeah, let's have a BKK DO!
                  God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Does that mean you'll be nominating forthe 'pounding the pavement' option for the SQT Amazing Race BKK DO Pinkfloyd

Comment

Can I try to race you people in a car...I'll use all the short cuts to get there faster

Comment

Pansy ?!.

I wonder what we should therefore call those who are that tight they won't pay less than 20 dollars to avoid a 140kph seatbelt free smelly old deathtrap driven by a psychopath, but think nothing of flying off to other countries and continents on a mileage run or pay over the top for an out of the way hotel just to keep a certain coloured plastic card......

Silly ?, stupid ?, bizarre ?, f*ckwit ? ( ) or maybe Death-Defying-Scrooge's ......
                        Last edited by MAN Flyer; 20 August 2010, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          Pansy ?!.

I wonder what we should therefore call those who are that tight they won't pay less than 20 dollars to avoid a 140kph seatbelt free smelly old deathtrap driven by a psychopath, but think nothing of flying off to other countries and continents on a mileage run or pay over the top for an out of the way hotel just to keep a certain coloured plastic card......
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Hahahahahaha
                            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              Pansy ?!.

Silly ?, stupid ?, bizarre ?, f*ckwit ? ( ) or maybe Death-Defying-Scrooge's ......

Classique! post of the year

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                                Does that mean you'll be nominating forthe 'pounding the pavement' option for the SQT Amazing Race BKK DO Pinkfloyd
                                Depends on if there will be a SYT between thyself and said pavement...

By the way Herr Smithsen, er du norsk, svensk eller dansk? / är du norska, svenska eller danska?

Comment

Working...
                                X