No announcement yet.

SQ's new (2015) website, still not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah I’ve been hit by the still flaky website. When will it get fixed?

For the first time ever I’ve needed to do an itinerary change to get home 3 days earlier on a booking for 3 months time that I made 6 months ago. So I followed the pretty simple process and it told me there were no flights on the day I wanted to change to. I clicked on the +/- 3 days button and it took me back to my account homepage. Great.

Second attempt I tried a different date and got results. So I tried the real date I wanted again and this time I got results. Found I could get PEY for a smaller upgrade fee than standard Y. Sure, I’ll take that! Went through to confirmation, payment, credit card verification. All no problem. Then bang! Technical error. The “Your card hasn’t been charged and our reservations team will contact you” message. Now I literally have no ticket. The old one is gone from my KF account. I have no proof of the fare change to PEY for my return flight i was offered. I have nothing other than a PDF print of my original booking. It’s like my whole booking that I’ve paid for has vanished and I have to sit around waiting for someone in a call centre to phone me. No idea if they will even have a record of the change I had almost successfully paid for. Great.

Comment

• Which is why the only time I tried to make a “change” online was attempting to upgrade my ticket although I wasn’t really intending to, was just playing around. Shocked that it succeeded and had no choice but to fly first class.

Anyway, not quite the same but I once had an agent-booked ticket and the agent made a change for me at my request, but somehow screwed it up. By the time I realized, the sector had vanished completely from my booking, a bit like what happened to you. The agent had closed for the evening but my flight was the next day. So in desperation I called KF hotline and a very very nice phone agent was able to see what happened and reinstated the sector correctly.

So I guess it’s best to just give them a call ASAP. If I were you I wouldn’t wait for them to call me back. At the very least they should be able to reinstate the original booking, while calling them ASAP gives you a higher chance that the PEY fare is still available.

Comment

• I called proactively and explained and it definitely sounded like she was rolling her eyes and throwing her hands up in exasperation at another website error. I was offered the exact same deal at about $10 more than on the website and I wasn’t going to quibble over that. All fixed and now I can access the booking again.

Still begs the question none of us can answer as to why SQ still can’t get IT right when they’re the flag carrier of a nation with strong IT credentials and are so exacting in everything else they do.

Comment

• How can the Apps still have problems after so many years? It can’t be that difficult, I never have any issues with Air Asia Apps.
          Last edited by Q69; 25 September 2019, 03:13 AM.

Comment

• I recently logged into my account on my computer and I was prompted to create a password. Now I can’t log into my account on the app because it’s asking me to “Enter a valid 6-digit PIN”. When I entered my PIN, it says “Member account is migrated to Password” (Yes, I copied that word for word).

Is anyone else having this issue?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bon View Post
              I recently logged into my account on my computer and I was prompted to create a password. Now I can’t log into my account on the app because it’s asking me to “Enter a valid 6-digit PIN”. When I entered my PIN, it says “Member account is migrated to Password” (Yes, I copied that word for word).

Can’t login with the new password on the SQ app but the new SQ beta app work fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
                Can’t login with the new password on the SQ app but the new SQ beta app work fine.
                Same here. I can log in with the new SQ beta app but not the main SQ app.

Comment

• Yes the website is still giving trouble as when we sign in to Krisflyer, it will ask for a new password to be used. After creating a new password and submitting, it came up with "
                  We are unable to process your request due to a technical problem. We apologise for any inconvenience caused."
                  Tried another 4 times and each rime the same thing, Sigh

Comment

I recently logged into my account on my computer and I was prompted to create a password. Now I can’t log into my account on the app because it’s asking me to “Enter a valid 6-digit PIN”. When I entered my PIN, it says “Member account is migrated to Password” (Yes, I copied that word for word).

Yes, having the same issue. Even deleted and reinstalled the app. Still doesn’t work

Comment

• Tried to reset my password but it keeps saying that it’s not valid even though I’ve met all the requirements. Odd.

Comment

It actually worked OK for me. I did receive a notification from the App that SQ has now moved to using password rather than a 6 digit PIN, and that I should login to the website and create my password. And then, I should quit the App (have have to completely quit the App), and relaunch it. Then press of the "Person" icon on the top right to re-login, and enter the (new) password. I am then able to login without issues. Did it on 3 devices - and 2x iPhones (both runinng IOS 13.1) and an iPad on iPadOS 13.1.

BTW, this is on the "original" Singapore Airlines app and not the Beta - for some reason my access to the Beta test was revoked and I can't get it again as SQ came back saying they've stopped accepting Beta testers.

The only issue I have with the App so far is about the seats in my booking. Mentioned this here a while ago - I basically am booked to travel AKL-SIN-ICN-SIN-AKL in Nov. When I made my booking in April this year, my SIN-ICN sector, SQ608, was operated by the A333, and I chose seats at row 32. About a week of so after making my booking, I received an email from SQ informing me that SQ608 has been swapped to the 787-10, and thus, there is no row 32 in economy as Y start from row 41. As such, my seats have been moved to row 42. SQ608 had a further aircraft change and is now an A359R, but the seat rows remain. Now, on my booking on SQ's website, my seats shows up correctly, i.e. row 42. However, on the App, even though it now shows operating aircraft as A350-900, it is still showing seats at row 32 for that sector! Frustrating, but not the end of the world for me.

I just hope my SIN-AKL sector at the end of Nov doesn't get swapped to anything other than the Version 1 A380, for we have the 2-seater on row 75 on the Upper Deck...

Comment

• Originally posted by oliverdave View Post
                          Tried to reset my password but it keeps saying that it’s not valid even though I’ve met all the requirements. Odd.
                          I had that problem. It wants a password that contains all three of letters, numbers and special characters, which is becoming industry standard and I am quite pleased with, BUT... SQ's set of special characters is NOT industry standard. I attempted to create a password using | (vertical bar) and it won't accept it even though every other website that has asked for special characters does. It's part of the basic ASCII 128 character set. In the error message it specifies a small set of characters and apparently they are the only ones we are allowed to use.

Where are SQ finding these IT staff???

Comment

• Well now I am having an issue logging into the SQ website since morning. It keeps giving me the following error:

Browser checks in progress

Please wait a moment while we verify your browser.

This page will reload with a prompt asking you to confirm that you want to continue using our website. Confirming will allow you to continue to use our website without further interruption.

click here if the page doesn’t reload.
                            However the webpage neither reloads nor does it respond when I click on the 'click here' link. Clearing cookies doesn't help either.

Comment

• Believed this started happening about 2 months plus back as have experience this same thing several times. And at most times when you go into the website and book, the space "From" is not filled in as Singapore as it shoyld be but is blank - and this means its not working and after one fill in "From" and "To" and press search, the site will then come back to the same page and the spce "From" would then have Singapore filled in - and that means the site is now ready and ok to use.

Comment

• it is getting so annoying, it is not even funny anymore

do not aggravate your customers if you want us to give you business

Comment

Working...
                                X