Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRWSTAR - UA's PS what class?

Experts,

Just to make sure if I got it right. If booked on a CRWSTAR, if one chooses to fly on UA's PS between LAX/SFO to JFK, one gets booked in 'D'. Is that right?

Yes...
    PS Service is a 3-class. Thus, you are entitled to C-class which is booked as D.

Comment

Thanks CGK! Avoid it I shall then

Comment

You mean, you are looking for 2-class domestic North America that are booked on A-class?

Comment

CGK is correct - on 3 class USA services - you book D. On 2 class services, you book A.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
            You mean, you are looking for 2-class domestic North America that are booked on A-class?
            Yes I am. Looking at a Trans-con

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              Yes I am. Looking at a Trans-con
              Similar rule for DONEx. So I ticketed myself into a 2 class SFO-JFK flight on AA to be ticketed in A. Now the flight has changed into a 3 class flight with American Flagship Service, and I'm still in A. Here's hoping that they won't chuck me back into D. Knowing AA though I won't be surprised if the equipment type changes another 2-3 times before I travel.
              Last edited by KeithMEL; 5 October 2007, 02:32 PM.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                Similar rule for DONEx. So I ticketed myself into a 2 class SFO-JFK flight on AA to be ticketed in A. Now the flight has changed into a 3 class flight with American Flagship Service, and I'm still in A. Here's hoping that they won't chuck me back into D. Knowing AA though I won't be surprised if the equipment type changes another 2-3 times before I travel.
                9V-JKL, that is what you should do. Book SFO/LAX to EWR in A class first and then change it to the PS flight. JFK/EWR/LGA are considered co-terminal, so you shouldn't have any problem. Having said that, I've never tried this. Also, unless you're crediting your flight to LH (3x miles for F vs. 2x for J), PS J is much better than domestic F.

Comment

Originally posted by Bon View Post
                  9V-JKL, that is what you should do. Book SFO/LAX to EWR in A class first and then change it to the PS flight.
                  In my case it was an involuntary equipment change though. I didn't change my reservation.

Having said that I don't think the reservations agent would be any wiser as a lot are not trained specifically for RTW ticketing. Unless of course, it gets referred to a tariffs desk for confirmation, but that's unlikely to occur unless rerouting.
                  Last edited by KeithMEL; 5 October 2007, 03:29 PM.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                    In my case it was an involuntary equipment change though. I didn't change my reservation.

Having said that I don't think the reservations agent would be any wiser as a lot are not trained specifically for RTW ticketing. Unless of course, it gets referred to a tariffs desk for confirmation, but that's unlikely to occur unless rerouting.
                    In my case, I was flying from SFO to LAX and the flight is a "continuation" from an international flight. Even though the flight is on a 2-class plane, there were C and D fare buckets (but pax gets to sit in Y). So, I just booked on a different flight under "A" class and change it later.

Comment

Originally posted by Bon View Post
                      9V-JKL, that is what you should do. Book SFO/LAX to EWR in A class first and then change it to the PS flight. JFK/EWR/LGA are considered co-terminal, so you shouldn't have any problem. Having said that, I've never tried this. Also, unless you're crediting your flight to LH (3x miles for F vs. 2x for J), PS J is much better than domestic F.
                      I should say something about this. Yes, many times in RTW tix, the calcualtion is based on NYC, not JFK, EWR, LGA individually. Theoretically, yes those three airports are co-terminal, thus the suggestion works.
                      But reservation agents have their own world of wisdom and knowledge. If you find an agent who doesn't check everything, you might be lucky to swap your SFO-EWR in A to SFO-JFK in A.
                      And if you find a very knowledgeable agent, or a very risk-averse agent, she/he will know that your tix is only entitled for D in SFO-JFK 3-class service. And this is really a real 3-class service Y/C/F. (UA has some 3-class market which is essentially only 2-class, such as on SFO-ORD or SFO-DEN, in which C/F pax will share the same domestic F section.)

In short, you can try to change your A to the PS Service 3-class, but if you fail, don't blame UA.

Note: I do agree that taking C on PS Service is much more comfortable than taking the F seats on A320 on A319 or B757 or B767 (2-class) or B777 (2-class) for coast to coast flight on UA.

Comment

Since C on PS is better than regular transcon F, then will probably do that instead. Comfort on this trip is more important than miles.

Comment

UA C seats on PS service are the same as the UA International C seats. They are pretty spacious compare to 39 " pitch on UA F domestics. Of course, few UA flyers in this site might be kindly enough to share their upgrades with you, and you may end up seating in SpaceBeds ala-UA.
                          Care to share your RTW routing?

Comment

Originally posted by UA MM View Post
                            Care to share your RTW routing?
                            Sure

For now, UA sectors: GRU-IAD-SFO-LAX then onto TPE on SQ 77W in 11K. But will most likely change it to GRU-IAD-JFK-LAX since PS is a much better product.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              Sure

For now, UA sectors: GRU-IAD-SFO-LAX then onto TPE on SQ 77W in 11K. But will most likely change it to GRU-IAD-JFK-LAX since PS is a much better product.
                              9V-JKL, make sure your flight is a lunch/dinner flight for the full PS experience. I believe the 8pm flight from JFK is a snack service.

Comment

Working...
                              X