Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ drops SIN-ICN-LAX, starts SIN-LAX at 10x weekly and boosts SIN-SFO to 10x weekly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I note, from here and the other thread, that both SQ36/35 and SQ34/33 operate on Wednesday/Friday/Sunday. Anyone else finds this weird?

Comment

Iam not sure if it was a good decision to try (again) the ULR routes with an Biz/PEY configuration.
      I picked one flight to compare pricing on the SIN-SFO between UA and SQ during Christmas period and note that SQ sells PEY for the same price that UA charges for Y.

If I look at the SQ fares to New York it is a similar picture:
      2,634 SGD for SIN-EWR rt in PEY
      2,312 SGD for SIN-FRA-JFK rt in Y
      3,814 SGD for SIN-FRA-JFK rt in PEY

Not sure if that is sustainable in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by SQuelch View Post
        I note, from here and the other thread, that both SQ36/35 and SQ34/33 operate on Wednesday/Friday/Sunday. Anyone else finds this weird?
        6 frames are being used with 1 for a spare.

EWR and LAX require 2, the other LAX flight needs 1 and same with SFO. Not necessarily weird though I do see this as a starting point in which if demand is there it can easily increase to daily.

Comment

I can't help but think that this massive increase of premium seats to US West Coast is SQ's strikeback to take back much of the premium traffic from the bunch of North-Asian carriers they lost to when the Nonstops ended.

They lost much biz to the likes of CX, BR, NH, OZ et al and offering nonstop is their answer.

I have a feeling SQ's not quite done with their US strategy yet and we could see some more coming soon. The ICN 5th freedom can still be utilized and I'm pretty sure something's cooking...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            I can't help but think that this massive increase of premium seats to US West Coast is SQ's strikeback to take back much of the premium traffic from the bunch of North-Asian carriers they lost to when the Nonstops ended.

They lost much biz to the likes of CX, BR, NH, OZ et al and offering nonstop is their answer.

I have a feeling SQ's not quite done with their US strategy yet and we could see some more coming soon. The ICN 5th freedom can still be utilized and I'm pretty sure something's cooking...

I am not sure if SQ would want to have another fifth-freedom route out of ICN, given that the current ASA limits Singaporean carriers to their current existing number of flights. Having a terminating service allows for an increase in SIN-ICN point-to-point capacity.

Having said that, it is regrettable that SQ did not take this opportunity to run a daily SIN-PUS flight instead. Or, it could very well be the case that the Republic of Korea's MOLIT denied SQ permission to fly into PUS, just as they did with AY...

Comment

I'm surprised that SQ is using 77W for SQ612 and A330 for SQ608 though the latter - because of better flight timing, e.g. arriving before business day in ICN - would probably see stronger demand which necessitates more capacity. The use of 77W for SQ612 seems to be priming for another 5th freedom route from ICN in future.

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
                SQ11/12 has been retimed..

SIN NRT 0920-1705
                NRT LAX 1830-1130

LAX NRT 1515-2000
                NRT SIN 2055-0335
                Gosh, back to that awful timing and arrival into SIN. I hate that flight just for the arrival time at SIN. Might skip it just to avoid walking into a sleepy town

Comment

Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
                  Gosh, back to that awful timing and arrival into SIN. I hate that flight just for the arrival time at SIN. Might skip it just to avoid walking into a sleepy town
                  Hopefully with NRT easing its curfew timing, SQ can rejig its flight timing in the first available opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
                    Hopefully with NRT easing its curfew timing, SQ can rejig its flight timing in the first available opportunity.
                    I flew SQ12/11 a few times when it was a 743 and later 744. I remembered quite clearly the departure time for SQ11 from LAX was 1330hrs. SQ12 and SQ11 could often be seen side by side at NRT. SQ11 used to arrive in SIN around midnight. Not sure why the LAX departure time was pushed back when the A380 took over.

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                      wonder what happen for those book on ICN-LAX or LAX-ICN flight
                      Possibly they might rebook them onto OZ. I'm sure their *A partner would be happy with that arrangement!

Comment

55 mins turnover at Narita? They are really optimistic..

Comment

Originally posted by happyflyer View Post
                          I noticed that too. I think it must be an error.

Comment

Originally posted by SQuelch View Post
                            Given each of these flights operationally has its own aircraft available to it, they have independently chosen the set of 3 days that satisfy demand best. Weekends are usually the highest demand and Tuesday/Wednesday the weakest point, so it's just about filling seats on both routes.

Comment

I think no choice right. I think the current schedule there is a swap of plane, i.e. those that fly SIN-ICN-LAX will return as LAX-NRT-SIN, likewise the plane that fly SIN-NRT-LAX will return as LAX-ICN-SIN.

But now, there is no other B77W flying to LAX, so it has to be "turn around" flight.
                              visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by happyflyer View Post
                                For that to happen, they'll need to keep all onward pax onboard. There's just no way for them to get out and come back in - the security checks would take way too much time.

Comment

Working...
                                X