Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lalique F Amenity Kit and Sleeper Suits

On SQ 7 LAX/ICN yesterday.

I didn’t take pics of the Pajamas but they are way better fit. The Pajamas have a Lalique logo on the pocket vs a SQ logo. Same goes for the slippers.

The usual amenities in the toilets are also by Lalique.

Last edited by allmotor_2000; 22 July 2018, 12:32 AM.

Are the new amenity kits available across the full fleet offering first class, or only on those offering the new suites?

Comment

Originally posted by langdonFM View Post
      Are the new amenity kits available across the full fleet offering first class, or only on those offering the new suites?
      pretty sure not just new suites cause SQ7 is not A380

Comment

SQ7 is a 77W. The kit has a candle believe it or not with a paper that says ‘don’t operate in aircraft... !’

Also has some sort of crystal ornament. No real amenities.... bizarre.

Comment

Lalique is first and foremost known for their glassware. SQ approached them to design the new glassware onboard in First and Suites.

The crystal ornament is by Lalique as well and can be purchased on Krisshop. For Suite passengers it's a free gift.

As part of the deal with Lallique, they secured the 'naming rights' for PJs and the bedlinen so you can't miss the brand name.

Comment

My wife and I got them on 319 last month: as an amenity kit it's pretty hopeless. The PJs are ok though.

Comment

What makes a good amenity kit (i.e., what items should be included)? What items should be excluded as they are useless?
              We know that toothbrushes (good quality ones IMO) are provided in the lavatories.

Comment

Well, providing high quality re-use items (so not quite sharable in a lavatory for example) is always good. Seems rest of it are novelties or souvenirs to keep the journey memorable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
                  My wife and I got them on 319 last month: as an amenity kit it's pretty hopeless. The PJs are ok though.
                  Agreed. Kits aren't particularly great (I've got half a dozen unopened at home, not sure why I keep bringing them back, and neither is the missus....) but the PJ's are OK.

Slightly unusual for them to have three different versions. I wonder how many other airlines do that ?.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                    What makes a good amenity kit (i.e., what items should be included)? What items should be excluded as they are useless?
                    We know that toothbrushes (good quality ones IMO) are provided in the lavatories.
                    A good case/shell so that you MIGHT actually use it for something...and a pen...

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    ...(I've got half a dozen unopened at home, not sure why I keep bringing them back, and neither is the missus....
                    Perhaps to:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Singapore-A...p2047675.l2557

Don't we have a fellow famous SQTalker who has like an entire room of these?
                    HUGE AL

Comment

If an airline is going to go the trouble, and cost, of producing these kits, they ought to be useful, not just a gimmick. I can't really see any value in a candle on a plane.

A corkscrew might be handy though...

Comment

If an airline is going to go the trouble, and cost, of producing these kits, they ought to be useful, not just a gimmick. I can't really see any value in a candle on a plane.

You get a perfume/cologne on the outbound and it will last you for the way back. The idea is to give you something you take home and 'bond' with SQ later at home so you come back and fly SQ again.

Comment

Agreed- a candle on a plane is a tad ironic. Various safety administrations might have issues with corkscrews though.

What would be really nice to get in an amenities kit- saline eye moistening drops with a saline spray for the nose and fancy chewing gum for the descent. Would show some thought for the flying experience and be more useful than a candle on a plane.

(Actually "Candles on a Plane" could make a great comedy spoof movie...)

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                            Agreed- a candle on a plane is a tad ironic. Various safety administrations might have issues with corkscrews though.

What would be really nice to get in an amenities kit- saline eye moistening drops with a saline spray for the nose and fancy chewing gum for the descent. Would show some thought for the flying experience and be more useful than a candle on a plane.

(Actually "Candles on a Plane" could make a great comedy spoof movie...)
                            I'll go watch it!

Comment

Wonder if the rotate the crystal ornament design or candle type. On SQ 11/12 in about a week so can report back if anything changes inside the kit

Comment

Working...
                              X