No announcement yet.

Minimising the Stress: BKK Taxis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there many there at midday ?. Never been there at that time.....

Comment

• I wouldn't know

Comment

• I just found a great taxi driver in Bangkok, he drive a green yellow MPV taxi cab, charges 600B flat for trip from city to swampy (vice versa) including toll charges. He drives very carefully, no unnecessary speeding and speaks fairly good English.

Modern new age driver with FB page and FB Fan page too and his iPad is available for you to use in the car.

Can I advertise his contacts?
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Originally posted by kapitan View Post

Can I advertise his contacts?
          Sorry no advertising on the board but I'm sure that you might get quite a few PMs from interested people

Comment

• Unable to book a return AOT car today because, and I quote : 'not enough cars this month'. One ways only. When asked why that was I got the usual blank smile. Maybe half of them are in for a D check....

Looks like I may have to risk the Pink Death Traps on the way back. Anyone know where you can buy breathalyser kits in downtown Bangkok ?.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Looks like I may have to risk the Pink Death Traps on the way back. Anyone know where you can buy breathalyser kits in downtown Bangkok ?.
              Just get a hotel car for the return trip. It isn't that much more when converted back to real money. After our last trip to BKK we decided that we'd only ever use hotel limos.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                Unable to book a return AOT car today because, and I quote : 'not enough cars this month'. One ways only. When asked why that was I got the usual blank smile. Maybe half of them are in for a D check....

You'll be just fine. Or ask Kapitan for his special special

Comment

• Watch out for the Pink Taxis... They be some machete wielding bandits! Especially if haggling over the fare

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                    Just get a hotel car for the return trip. It isn't that much more when converted back to real money. After our last trip to BKK we decided that we'd only ever use hotel limos.
                    That's what I ended up doing, makes AOT look cheap in comparison though....

B727 did the same from the SGS....

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                    Watch out for the Pink Taxis... They be some machete wielding bandits!
                    Or stinking of whisky.....or falling asleep......

Comment

• He was just resting his eyes and that was a new flavor of listerine, he was just trying to be presentable hahahah

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                        That's what I did with the SGS...and I got points for it as well...
                        HUGE AL

Comment

• Über in BKK

Has anybody used this? Did the estimate and saw that ÜberX is THB฿300 from BKK to the GH.
                          HUGE AL

Comment

• I've used it but they're rather embroiled in a bit of a battle with local taxis/government of late...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              I've used it but they're rather embroiled in a bit of a battle with local taxis/government of late...
                              Kyo+! You've used them over your beloved death traps?

So, there's a severe lag time to getting an Über?
                              HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                                Has anybody used this? Did the estimate and saw that ÜberX is THB฿300 from BKK to the GH.

It came in for me at THB375 from Marriott Exec. Apartments (Thong Lor) to BKK on a Sunday evening, via the toll road.

An UberX in BKK though, for me was just a black Toyota Vios......so don't expect miracles. I think a colleague of mine got something a bit bigger but not much. Added to that on another trip I think I came in about THB250 just by normal meter but there was no traffic at all.

In general Uber doesn't work.......they often blame supply & demand to surge pricing. Grab works better but must pay cash as they don't take CC....driver called me and said "if by CC please cancel", which I did.

Comment

Working...
                                X