Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different class of SQ tickets?

Hi guys,

New to the forum and new to this whole Krisflyer miles thing. Finally racked up some points and I have waitlisted the missus and myself on these savers - First Class (O) and Business (I) on the same flight/plane/destination. I have no idea what these class of tickets refer to. Can someone point me to a guide somewhere I can read up on?

Also, is it generally more worth it to use the miles on First Class over Business Class? I read on the forum someone mentioned that avoid economy savers at all costs.

Thanks!

Also, is it generally more worth it to use the miles on First Class over Business Class? I read on the forum someone mentioned that avoid economy savers at all costs.
    Depends on the type of seat. What route is this on?

Comment

Originally posted by labixiaoxin View Post
      Hi guys,

New to the forum and new to this whole Krisflyer miles thing. Finally racked up some points and I have waitlisted the missus and myself on these savers - First Class (O) and Business (I) on the same flight/plane/destination. I have no idea what these class of tickets refer to. Can someone point me to a guide somewhere I can read up on?

Thanks!
      "O" and "I" simply refer to redemption tickets. As a standard for SQ, Economy redemption is X, Business is I and First is O.

If you do a Cents Per Mile calculation to work out value for the miles you are spending (there's a lot more detail here: https://hightechflight.com/2016/04/1...es-and-points/), it will almost always show that the greatest value is spending miles on First Class redemptions.

Simply put, take the cost you would otherwise have to pay for the ticket, subtract the taxes you will pay for the redemption ticket and divide that value by the miles you are using. The higher this value the better. A really good value redemption will come in at a bout 0.08, 0.09.
      Fly well,
      Travel safe,
      And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        Depends on the type of seat. What route is this on?
        This is on a SIN-HND and SIN-NRT return.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
          "O" and "I" simply refer to redemption tickets. As a standard for SQ, Economy redemption is X, Business is I and First is O.

If you do a Cents Per Mile calculation to work out value for the miles you are spending (there's a lot more detail here: https://hightechflight.com/2016/04/1...es-and-points/), it will almost always show that the greatest value is spending miles on First Class redemptions.

Simply put, take the cost you would otherwise have to pay for the ticket, subtract the taxes you will pay for the redemption ticket and divide that value by the miles you are using. The higher this value the better. A really good value redemption will come in at a bout 0.08, 0.09.
          Thank you! Very useful formula. The first class flight on this route gives about 0.067.

Comment

Originally posted by labixiaoxin View Post
            Thank you! Very useful formula. The first class flight on this route gives about 0.067.
            That's almost 7 cents per mile value, which is very good. SQ First Class redemptions generally have about 6-8 cents per mile value.
            Fly well,
            Travel safe,
            And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

Working...
            X