Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian ETA Visa no longer instantaneous

Just got this from our Corp TA:

This is an important notice. The Electronic Travel Authority visa application for Australia process will no longer instantaneous like before.

From 21 April 2008, the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship is implementing changes to the ETA system.
    When airlines or travel agents are lodging an ETA application in either the airline reservation system or Global Distribution System, you may
    see a visa status message advising.

Please check back in 12 hours to confirm whether your application has been successful.

Please Do Not fax or telephone to us at this stage.You must wait the required amount of time until you have a message "
    Apply at Embassy" - when you may do the usual fax referral to the Australian High Commission. Please apply for the ETA as early as possible to allow sufficient time for the application to be processed.
    Please note ETA faxes received after NOON are processed on the next working day. Once they are processed, you may then check on your system via command "Tietac" in the afternoon, after 3 O' clock. Do bear in mind that the Australian High Commission is closed on Saturday and Sunday and certain Public Holidays.

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    you may then check on your system via command "Tietac" in the afternoon, after 3 O' clock. Do bear in mind that the Australian High Commission is closed on Saturday and Sunday and certain Public Holidays.
    I always thought it was TIETAQ.....

but thanks for this info anyway. I kinda liked the instantaneous response before

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      I always thought it was TIETAQ.....
      I don't know but I would imagine that you are right. The above is entirely copied from my TA's email.

Comment

Working...
      X