Finding a hotel in Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    We did mate, and Miss P did ask when you were due back there.

I will refrain from adding anything else, as Lobster has got some photos. If he's up yet.

I walked in BarSu tonight to be greeted with a handshake by the person that got us both home : '12 hours of drinking, you English are crazy'.

Our bar bill for last night exceeds my accomodation costs for two nights, by some distance.....

I love this place.
    OUTSTANDING!

Let Miss P know I'll be back just as soon as her country can decide what the hell they want to do.

[or before September, when my ATW must be completed. ]
    HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobster View Post
      Yeah I think he might have been right, I couldn't move yesterday. But it was a good night.
      Indeed, which is what we sort of discussed IIRC. Getting Lobstered is still gret fun every now and then, but recovering from it is no fun these days...

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post

I felt fine too, but I still disagree with the way they have gone about the protesting.
      In fairness they didn't really have much choice, and after seeing the Yellow lot get their way by causing havoc to the country and getting democratically elected people moved from office, they have unsurprisingly had enough and decided to do it themselves.

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
      Let Miss P know I'll be back just as soon as her country can decide what the hell they want to do.
      I am sure they will appreciate the business. They are all a bit down with everything at the minute. BarSu has only been opening Wednesday to Saturday, Basil was closed this weekend and they were at 40% occupancy while I was there.

Comment

I am sure they will appreciate the business. They are all a bit down with everything at the minute. BarSu has only been opening Wednesday to Saturday, Basil was closed this weekend and they were at 40% occupancy while I was there.
        Strange thing is all my friends there keep inviting me to these raging parties. Let me know when you're there again and I'll try to make it down.
        HUGE AL

Comment

• Oh dear I popped into BarSu tonight and it seems that my memory of the night is not 100% intact. For example the Cell Phone Salad incident which I have absolutely no memory of at all. Which did rather upset Ms B as she had spent half and hour cleaning my phone after said incident.

Comment

Oh dear I popped into BarSu tonight and it seems that my memory of the night is not 100% intact. For example the Cell Phone Salad incident which I have absolutely no memory of at all. Which did rather upset Ms B as she had spent half and hour cleaning my phone after said incident.
            Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            I walked in BarSu tonight to be greeted with a handshake by the person that got us both home : '12 hours of drinking, you English are crazy'.
            From Macbeth Act 2 Scene 3

Porter
            Faith sir, we were carousing till the
            second cock: and drink, sir, is a great
            provoker of three things.

MACDUFF
            What three things does drink especially provoke?

Porter
            Marry, sir, nose-painting, sleep, and
            urine. Lechery, sir, it provokes, and unprovokes;
            it provokes the desire, but it takes
            away the performance: therefore, much drink
            may be said to be an equivocator with lechery:
            it makes him, and it mars him; it sets
            him on, and it takes him off; it persuades him,
            and disheartens him; makes him stand to, and
            not stand to; in conclusion, equivocates him
            in a sleep, and, giving him the lie, leaves him.

phaleesy
            Eh! Drink provokes 4 things!

Comment

Oh dear I popped into BarSu tonight and it seems that my memory of the night is not 100% intact. For example the Cell Phone Salad incident which I have absolutely no memory of at all. Which did rather upset Ms B as she had spent half and hour cleaning my phone after said incident.
              May I be so bold as to issue the classic statement:

"This thread is worthless without pics"

Comment

We did mate, and Miss P did ask when you were due back there.

I will refrain from adding anything else, as Lobster has got some photos. If he's up yet.

Our bar bill for last night exceeds my accomodation costs for two nights, by some distance.....

I love this place.
                Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                Yeah I think he might have been right, I couldn't move yesterday. But it was a good night.
                Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                Y'all might *just about* convince me to give the SGS and BarSu a shot if/when I do go back to Bangkok. I suspect it might just be a tad easier stumbling back to bed at the SGS than crossing the street to the Westin or cabbing it back to the LM.

Until the W opens that is.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                  May I be so bold as to issue the classic statement:

"This thread is worthless without pics"

Unfortunately in the state I was in I was totally unable to hold a camera steady so they are just blurry messes.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

Do you remember plus, plus...plus ?.
                  But of course how could I forget Plus Plus

It is quite spooky here today, virtually everything around me is shut even the BTS.

Comment

Unfortunately in the state I was in I was totally unable to hold a camera steady so they are just blurry messes.
                    I quite like blurry pics

Comment

• I stayed at the Furama Xclusive Asoke Hotel on Soi 21 last weekend when I was in Bangkok and I have to day I was impressed. It calls itself a boutique hotel (ie it is small) and has nice modern decor. I paid THB 2000 a night which included breakfast, internet and also free beer each night between 6 and 7.

It is a bit away from Sukhumvit road itself but there is a MRT entrance near the hotel so you can walk in an air-conditioned underground passageway all the way there.

Comment

• I've noticed recently there's quite a few SPG properties opening in Thailand - does the Starwood Lurker have any upcoming info/announcements?

There's a Four Points and a St Regis opening later this year... quite interested to hear a bit more, if possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          I've noticed recently there's quite a few SPG properties opening in Thailand - does the Starwood Lurker have any upcoming info/announcements?
                          Yep, they will more than double the amount of properties they've got. I can't believe you have only just noticed fella, the properties opening in 2011 were popping up in late 2008!.

Shall we run a sweepstake on how late each property will be ?.

Comment

• I did notice, but I am certain I saw some 2011-opening properties on the SPG site before noticing the late-2010-opening ones... and was wondering if the 2010 ones were added more recently? Hence my post...

Comment

• How is the location of the SR? As convenient as the SGS? Skytrain access?
                              HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                                How is the location of the SR? As convenient as the SGS? Skytrain access?
                                It's next door to the Four Seasons, which means close to the Hyatt as well. It will be very convenient for the Skytrain as Ratchadamri station is bang in front of it.

It says opening 1 December but I can't see that as not only is this Starwood and Thailand (which usually means delays...), but it was in the middle of the red shirt camp so that will have delayed things as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X