X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michelin Guide Singapore

https://guide.michelin.sg/

*** Stars
    Joλl Robuchon Restaurant (Resorts World Sentosa)

** Stars
    Restaurant Andre (Bukit Pasoh Road)
    L’Atelier de Joλl Robuchon (Resorts World Sentosa)
    Les Amis (Shaw Centre)
    Odette (National Gallery Singapore)
    Shisen Hanten by Chen Kentaro (Mandarin Orchard Singapore)
    Shoukouwa (One Fullerton)

* Star
    Alma by Juan Amador (Goodwood Park Hotel)
    The Kitchen at Bacchanalia (Hong Kong Street)
    Beni (Mandarin Gallery)
    Candlenut (New Bridge Road)
    Corner House (Botanic Gardens)
    Crystal Jade Golden Palace (Paragon Shopping Centre)
    CUT (Marina Bay Sands)
    Forest (Resorts World Sentosa)
    Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodles (Crawford Lane)
    HK Soya Sauce Chicken Rice Noodles (Chinatown Food Complex)
    JAAN (Swissotel the Stamford)
    Lei Garden (CHIJMES)
    OSIA (Resorts World Sentosa)
    Putien Restaurant (Kitchener Road)
    Rhubarb Le Restaurant (Duxton Hill)
    Shinji by Kanesaka (Raffles Hotel)
    Shinji by Kanesaka (St Regis Hotel)
    Summer Pavilion (Ritz-Carlton, The Millenia Singapore)
    Sushi Ichi (Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel)
    Terra Tokyo-Italian (Tras Street)
    The Song of India (Scotts Road)
    Waku Ghin (Marina Bay Sands)

Bib Gourmand
    Hawker
    1. Claypot Laksa – Alexandra Village Food Centre
    2. A Noodle Story – Amoy Street Food Centre
    3. Famous Crispy Curry Puff – Amoy Street Food Centre
    4. Hong Kee Beef Noodle – Amoy Street Food Centre
    5. Hoo Kee Rice Dumpling – Amoy Street Food Centre
    6. The Fishball Story – Golden Mile Food Centre (Note: The Stall has moved to Timbre+ Ayer Rajah Crescent)
    7. Wedang (Indonesian food and satay) – Golden Mile Food Centre (Note: Has moved to Aljunied Ave 2 Blk 117)
    8. Famous Sungei Road Trishaw (laksa) – Hong Lim Market & Food Centre
    9. Na Na Curry – 115 Bukit Merah View Market & Food Centre
    10. Chey Sua Carrot Cake – 127 Toa Payoh West Market & Food Centre
    11. Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice – Maxwell Food Centre
    12. Shi Hui Yuan (noodle with chicken and duck) – Mei Ling Market & Food Centre
    13. Alliance Seafood – Newton Food Centre
    14. Tiong Bahru Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice – Tiong Bahru Market
    15. Hong Heng Fried Sotong Prawn Mee – Tiong Bahru Market
    16. Balestier Road Hoover Rojak – Whampoa Market Place
    17. Liang Zhao Ji (soy duck) – Whampoa Market Place

Restaurant
    1. Alaturka (Turkish) – Bussorah Street
    2. Hjh Maimunah (Malaysian) – Jalan Pisang 11-15
    3. Ka Soh (Singaporean) – College Road
    4. Kok Sen (tze char) – Keong Saik Road
    5. Lagnaa (Indian) – Little India
    6. New Ubin Seafood – Sin Ming Road
    7. Peony Jade at Keppel Club (Cantonese) – Bukit Chermin Rd
    8. Shish Mahal (Indian) – Albert Street
    9. Song Fa Bak Kut Teh – New Bridge Rd
    10. 328 Katong Laksa – East Coast Road
    11. True Blue Cuisine (Peranakan) – Armenien Street
    12. Whole Earth (vegetarian) – Peck Street
    13. Yhingthai Palace (Thai) – Purvis Street
    14. Zaffron Kitchen (Indian) – East Coast Road

Others:
    1. Bismallah Biryani – Dunlop Road
    2. JB Ah Meng Kitchen (Cantonese) – Geylang Road
    3. Sin Huat Eating House (crab rice noodle) – Geylang Road

I clearly need to broaden my horizons as I think I have only been to one on that list. Mind you, I do have a certain view on 'awards' so may be I wont....

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      I clearly need to broaden my horizons as I think I have only been to one on that list. Mind you, I do have a certain view on 'awards' so may be I wont....
      The one I would vouch for is Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodles. A true national treasure.

Unfortunately queues, already long to begin with (typically 20-30 min wait even before the award) are now crazy long.

If anyone visiting asks me to bring them to a Michelin starred restaurant in Singapore, that is where I would bring them.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
        The one I would vouch for is Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodles. A true national treasure.

Unfortunately queues, already long to begin with (typically 20-30 min wait even before the award) are now crazy long.

If anyone visiting asks me to bring them to a Michelin starred restaurant in Singapore, that is where I would bring them.
        Having eaten Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodles for over 30 years I totally agree. Good them and the rest.

Singapore is such big foodie why do we need some stupid French to tell us how good or bad we are. I think we need to tell them how to eat

Comment

Well given that this is the first edition Michelin Guide in Singapore, it is not a bad attempt.

No need for anyone to make disparaging comments. At least they find Singapore to be a food destination interesting enough to publish a guide.

I find the Michelin Guide works best if you just treat it as one data point, to be taken alongside other reviews and online reviews. Just looking to eat at places based on the number of stars as the only criteria looks pointless.

At the top end, if you are looking for a certain kind of Western fine dining experience, the Michelin guide can be useful. That said, I am glad the Michelin Guide is loosening up and exploring different styles of local cuisine, especially at the low end, and even hawker fare. That can only be a good thing.

From the perspective of locals (including myself), the first edition Guide is quite hit-or-miss, with some favourites, some omissions, and some very unexpected choices. A useful starting point for visitors to Singapore, even if it is far from authoritative on what is good to eat here. Future editions can only get better.
          Last edited by yflyer; 29 July 2016, 04:02 PM.

Comment

At least they find Singapore to be a food destination interesting enough to publish a guide.

I think it because they can make $$$

Sorry I have no love for Michelin and like other rating schemes are all too subjective and have their own controversy.

In Singapore, we already place so much emphasis on grading and ranking in all fields lets not add another one ... least not our favorite past time

yflyer I know you mean well and your point is being giving recognition especially to the hawkers who have long been the backbone of our society but not duly recognized nor fully appreciated - I support this and ALL our hawkers and F&B who make Singapore a great food paradise.

I just don't support Michelin

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
              In Singapore, we already place so much emphasis on grading and ranking in all fields lets not add another one ... least not our favorite past time
              Yes...we are way to obsessed with grading and ranking here...

Comment

"In Singapore, even the street vendors, or hawker stalls, earn Michelin stars."

Straits Times Youtube Video - White House state dinner: President Barack Obama speaks

Comment

"In Singapore, even the street vendors, or hawker stalls, earn Michelin stars."

Straits Times Youtube Video - White House state dinner: President Barack Obama speaks
                  Thanks for article .... Man I don't know whether to be proud or sad to be Singaporean ....

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
                    Thanks for article .... Man I don't know whether to be proud or sad to be Singaporean ....
                    At risk of taking the discussion in a direction away from SQ and aviation, I would say that I did feel a sense of pride seeing our Prime Minister and the President of the United States standing side by side on the White House lawn. Looks like they had a very nice dinner as well!

Comment

At risk of taking the discussion in a direction away from SQ and aviation, I would say that I did feel a sense of pride seeing our Prime Minister and the President of the United States standing side by side on the White House lawn. Looks like they had a very nice dinner as well!
                      I got an email of invite to the National Day Gathering but I was already back from Washington DC when they sent the email. I guess they wanted to invite all Singaporeans who were in USA. Guess they found out my stay details from MFA eRegister.
                      Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

Originally posted by lcpteck View Post
                        I guess they wanted to invite all Singaporeans who were in USA. Guess they found out my stay details from MFA eRegister.
                        Singaporeans who eRegistered were also invited to the lawn ceremony at the White House. It was a very proud moment to hear Obama speak highly of Singapore, especially as the little red dot that has a big impact on the world!

Comment

This year's 2017 restaurants have been announced...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...urants-8988432

A few have been covered here on SQTalk ...

1. Candlenut

2. Labyrinth (New to the list)

3. Osia
                          Last edited by yflyer; 30 June 2017, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X