This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
    I suppose this was the press release relating to the 2nd tranche of A330s: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...29Jun2011-1631

Per the article, the 15 A330s are said to be on lease for a minimum lease period of 6 years with an option to extend the lease. They were to have been delivered between 2013 to 2015 (was there any delay subsequently?), which means the first of those 15 birds delivered to SQ could be returned to the lessors in 2019 at the earliest.
    Well researched!

That's the answer to what I was pondering. In that case the 787s arriving this year will replace either first batch A330s (STA-S still remaining) or 772s or add capacity to the fleet for additional flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post

Boeing 7779

On Order: 20
      EIS: 2021
      Seating: TBA
      Is it supposed to mean 787-9? I was in TG B787-9 last Sunday. Quite nice plane, especially when the lighting and windows which they can make the cabin as if it is night flight even it is bright outside. But I do not really like the TG seating, as I feel the angle is to wide. Seems bigger than CX.

And guess what, I was on SRL last night. Feel back in early 2000s
      Last edited by lingua101; 16 January 2018, 02:02 PM.
      visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
        Is it supposed to mean 787-9? I was in TG B787-9 last Sunday. Quite nice plane, especially when the lighting and windows which they can make the cabin as if it is night flight even it is bright outside. But I do not really like the TG seating, as I feel the angle is to wide. Seems bigger than CX.

Nope. It is the 777-9X that SQ ordered awhile ago. The only variant of the 787 on order for the main SQ Fleet is the 787-10.

Comment

• Originally posted by maverick_lim View Post
          Nope. It is the 777-9X that SQ ordered awhile ago. The only variant of the 787 on order for the main SQ Fleet is the 787-10.
          wow learning something new today
          visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post

Coincidentally a friend of mine flew on an UA 789 SFO-SIN nonstop (His father works for UA) on his way to the Philippines on a SQ 772 (2 days later) from New Years Day to the 11th of this month. Even though it was redeye, he felt it was not as comfortable as PR's 77W and 16 hours was too long for him.

He did love the mood lighting and windows though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              Coincidentally a friend of mine flew on an UA 789 SFO-SIN nonstop (His father works for UA) on his way to the Philippines on a SQ 772 (2 days later) from New Years Day to the 11th of this month. Even though it was redeye, he felt it was not as comfortable as PR's 77W and 16 hours was too long for him.

He did love the mood lighting and windows though.
              My friend also flew on a plane and likes the mood lighting. I think his name is Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabidoo.

Comment

• Asked this on another thread but no reply 🤔 anyone knows the status of 9V-SQK?

Comment

• As per routesonline some aircraft updates:

Singapore Airlines in recent schedule update filed several changes to its regional service, effective from 25MAR18. Operational aircraft changes for regional routes include:

Singapore – Bangkok eff 25MAR18 A330-300 operation increases from 3 to 5 daily, 777-200 reduces from 3 to 1 daily. All 6 daily operated by A330 from 01MAY18
                  Singapore – Hanoi eff 01MAY18 A330-300 replaces 777-200, 1 daily
                  Singapore – Ho Chi Minh City eff 26MAR18 Increase from 17 to 19 weekly
                  Singapore – Kuala Lumpur 25MAR18 – 31MAY18 SQ118/119 A330-300 replaces A350-900XWB

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post
                    As per routesonline some aircraft updates:

Singapore Airlines in recent schedule update filed several changes to its regional service, effective from 25MAR18. Operational aircraft changes for regional routes include:

Singapore – Bangkok eff 25MAR18 A330-300 operation increases from 3 to 5 daily, 777-200 reduces from 3 to 1 daily. All 6 daily operated by A330 from 01MAY18
                    Singapore – Hanoi eff 01MAY18 A330-300 replaces 777-200, 1 daily
                    Singapore – Ho Chi Minh City eff 26MAR18 Increase from 17 to 19 weekly
                    Singapore – Kuala Lumpur 25MAR18 – 31MAY18 SQ118/119 A330-300 replaces A350-900XWB
                    I guess that spells the end of 9V-SRL in MAR ?

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                      I guess that spells the end of 9V-SRL in MAR ?
                      I’m on SQ972 on 3 Mar and 14 Mar... seat maps show a 77E.
                      I believe SRL’s planned last flight will be SQ983 on 28 Feb.

Comment

• SQ836/825 to PVG according to EF will be getting a 3-class 773 from today (Feb 1 to Feb 18), It will go back to a 77WR on the 18th of Feb.

SQ806/801 to PEK will go back to a 77WR from March 1st. Looks like they are short of 77W, and SWJ has been out since mid December.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                          I’m on SQ972 on 3 Mar and 14 Mar... seat maps show a 77E.
                          I believe SRL’s planned last flight will be SQ983 on 28 Feb.
                          Does this mean SRJ will be the only purple cabin craft left in the fleet?

Comment

Does this mean SRJ will be the only purple cabin craft left in the fleet?
                            Maybe you could make the supreme effort of scrolling all the way up to post #863 to see that SRJ has already left the fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              Maybe you could make the supreme effort of scrolling all the way up to post #863 to see that SRJ has already left the fleet.
                              You're right it has! Thanks! Well since that is the case, since SRL is leaving that's the end of an era for the purple cabin.

Comment

You're right it has! Thanks! Well since that is the case, since SRL is leaving that's the end of an era for the purple cabin.
                                You don't say.

Actually I don't get why you keep referring to it as a 'purple cabin'. Only the Spacebeds were purple and that ended when SVF stopped flying.

The Business Class seats on SRL are distinctively blue. Unless you're talking about Economy class in which case I must admit I didn't take a walk there the last time I flew on her

Comment

Working...
                                X