The new SQ cabin classes - Discussion & speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    It might depending on how many more new frames come by then. Later this year they're also supposed to start the A380 refits.
    Any guess which frame will be the first to go into refit?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post
      Any guess which frame will be the first to go into refit?
      Maybe SKF but all depends on what frame needs what check. Remember the 77W refit they started with SWJ and later SWK, as it coincided with a major check. We will eventually find out.

Comment

Maybe SKF but all depends on what frame needs what check. Remember the 77W refit they started with SWJ and later SWK, as it coincided with a major check. We will eventually find out.
        Airbus are contracted to do the refit but not the heavy maintenance, so that logic might not apply this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ninja-tim View Post
          Yeh SQ317 has a lot of savers at the moment which is really good news.

I assume/hope it'll be daily by July/August?
          Daily LHR much sooner than that - by April. Then PVG/ZRH from June/July: Shanghai and Zurich next to get the new Singapore Airlines A380 cabin products

Comment

• The PVG and ZRH flight timings fit very nicely as a gap between longhauls.

So we have LHR and ZRH as the longhauls receiving this product. I guess by Summer or so they will yank some A380s for retrofits.

Comment

• I also wonder why the article mentions 9V-SKX on the frames. I thought SQ never uses X on a frame and I took X as meaning some frame (i.e. ending with A, B, Y, M, etc).

That means the new frames will be SKU-SKZ not including X

Comment

I also wonder why the article mentions 9V-SKX on the frames. I thought SQ never uses X on a frame and I took X as meaning some frame (i.e. ending with A, B, Y, M, etc).

That means the new frames will be SKU-SKZ not including X
                Correct, amended.

Comment

The PVG and ZRH flight timings fit very nicely as a gap between longhauls. [...]
                  ZRH isn’t a longhaul and fills a gap?
                  /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                    ZRH isn’t a longhaul and fills a gap?
                    Typo I think - HKG and PVG are the shorthauls and fill the gaps perfectly between the Europe rotations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Suites View Post
                      Typo I think - HKG and PVG are the shorthauls and fill the gaps perfectly between the Europe rotations.
                      Yup that's what I meant. The flight coming from ZRH in the AM can go to HKG during the day and arrive at night for its longhaul flight to ZRH. (Similar to SQ305 doing SQ866/865 and going back to LHR back in 15' when we had 77WT)

Comment

Yup that's what I meant. The flight coming from ZRH in the AM can go to HKG during the day and arrive at night for its longhaul flight to ZRH. (Similar to SQ305 doing SQ866/865 and going back to LHR back in 15' when we had 77WT)
                        PVG and ZRH interworking has been going on quite regularly for quite some time. It's nothing new. It's often why SQ346 is delayed due to the frequent delays caused by airspace congestion in China.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                          PVG and ZRH interworking has been going on quite regularly for quite some time. It's nothing new. It's often why SQ346 is delayed due to the frequent delays caused by airspace congestion in China.
                          Makes sense now.

Comment

• Looks like the verdict is out. Based on OMAAT and TPG, hardness of the bed is an issue. Although I have not tried the new product yet but the 2006 and 2013 products have beds that are too hard for me too. There seems to be a common interpretation that Asians like harder beds...is that so?
                            Last edited by SQ_326; 5 February 2018, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Thats the case usually for Asians. I also find that a harder bed provides better back support. If you do want something softer, can always ask for an extra duvet and place it at the bottom.

Also with regards to double dining, an SQ stewardess said to ask them. It might be possible. Not too sure though cuz ive nvr tried it out.

Comment

• SQ needs to provide the best bed in the air. The main reason for paying for Business and especially First Class is to get the best rest.

I will try both products in the next four weeks and will share my views. At least for Suites, SQ needs to have mattress toppers available - space to store them can't be the issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X