SQ for SIN-SYD-SFO ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ for SIN-SYD-SFO ?

Heard this rumor from an airline friend (not SQ). SQ recently tried to file SIN-SYD-SFO route but was rejected by the Australian Gov.

Kinda interesting if SQ really did this!

It isn't a big secret, they have wanted to do routes between Australia and the USA for years.

Comment

Those rumours have been around a long time. They were much more keen before the market loosened up. A lot more competition now between AU & US. Of course I won't complain if they keep pursuing it!

Comment

As far as I remember this issue was there when SYD was served by B744 still. I wouldn't mind seeing SQ flies SYD-US

Comment

Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
          As far as I remember this issue was there when SYD was served by B744 still. I wouldn't mind seeing SQ flies SYD-US
          They might do better out of MEL, given so many carriers target SYD. MEL has fewer direct services but rapidly matching SYD for population. We are also curfew free!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            They might do better out of MEL, given so many carriers target SYD. MEL has fewer direct services but rapidly matching SYD for population. We are also curfew free!
            Damn right

Comment

But can't SQ achieve this by codesharing with its subsidary airlines Virgin Australia to LA?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                Curfew free, that's what I like with MEL or BNE, so many time I had to fly from SYD to MEL/BNE to catch a midnight flight to SIN to directly connect to SRG or other Asian destination, without staying at Changi.

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                  But can't SQ achieve this by codesharing with its subsidary airlines Virgin Australia to LA?
                  Virgin Australia is not a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines. SQ is just a share holder in Virgin Australia.

Comment

I worry if any passengers will take SIN-SFO via SYD. Unless, SQ is confident in carrying passengers for SIN-SYD and SYD-SFO separately.

If SQ wants to expand SFO, why not increase HKG-SFO frequency (indeed it's a competitive route), or choose a stop in Asia like ICN or HND?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ002 View Post
                      I worry if any passengers will take SIN-SFO via SYD. Unless, SQ is confident in carrying passengers for SIN-SYD and SYD-SFO separately.

If SQ wants to expand SFO, why not increase HKG-SFO frequency (indeed it's a competitive route), or choose a stop in Asia like ICN or HND?
                      The rumour of Aus-US routes is very old so I doubt it's still being considered. Prior to the direct A350 flights, the second SFO daily was via ICN, so you're guess there is a good one

It will be interesting to see what SQ does with SFO this year when the ULH A350s arrive. Lots of options will open up and there's no doubt it will really shake up their US operations.

Comment

United have already started SIN-LAX non-stop using its 787-9
                        Last edited by flyguy; 22 January 2018, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X