X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favourite Airline Food

Interesting article.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/tra...cle6661502.ece

My recent personal favourite were the scones with jam and clotted cream on BA 744 from LHR-JFK. Looks ordinary but....

And agree with James from Jamaica, my all-time favourite were the freshly baked breads on OS SIN-VIE-SIN ( when they flew the route back in 2004 ).

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
    My recent personal favourite were the scones with jam and clotted cream on BA 744 from LHR-JFK. Looks ordinary but....
    NZ also serves scones with jam and cream on LHR-LAX route. Not that that is my favourite airline food.

Comment

The tournedo of beef (what is that?) I had on SQ345 in June in J was so delicious I would have asked for another if I wasn't so full.

Definitions of tournedo on the Web:
      • tournedos - thick steak cut from the beef tenderloin
      • Tournedos can mean: *filet mignon, a cut of meat.
      • tournedos - Filet mignon
      Last edited by Singapore_Air; 12 July 2009, 09:28 PM. Reason: Definitions

Comment

SQ J BTC Chicken curry ex-SIN

(leaving aside the unforgettable chicken lasagna I've had during the early 90s onboard an OA flight LHR-ATH... Till those days OA's food was absolutely fantastic and plentiful, even in Y class)

Oh, and those wonderful chocolates they serve after the meal in J on the SIN-ICN route... Was anxiously waiting for them once on the SIN-PVG route and they had left them out that day as the load in J was five (5) pax... They came back after 5 minutes with coffee, half a dozen ice cream packs from Y class, etc. It was in the midst of the recession and all planes in the premium cabins were flying almost empty... Those were the days...
        Last edited by N_Architect; 14 July 2009, 12:33 AM.

Comment

United Airlines' cup noodle.

Comment

With all the cost cutting airlines, including SQ, have been making,
            I do find that some of the dishes I've ordered on SQ have been the wrong choice.

Maybe Mods can change title to Favourite Dishes on SQ.

I still dream of the carrot cake I had in June flying SIN-EWR. Eaten over British Columbia

Highly recommended. Crispy outside, soft and moist inside. Lots of chai por

Comment

However, you, as OP, began the thread with an example from BA and then from OS.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

You're right jjpb3.

Any noteworthy dish, on any airline, would be welcome

Especially with picture

Comment

With all the cost cutting airlines, including SQ, have been making,
                  I do find that some of the dishes I've ordered on SQ have been the wrong choice.

I still dream of the carrot cake I had in June flying SIN-EWR. Eaten over British Columbia

Never has chye tao kueh looked so sexual to me. Was this on the menu or BTC?

Comment

It was from the "Light Bites" menu.

A truly tasty treat...

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Bhoy View Post
                      Never has chye tao kueh looked so sexual to me. Was this on the menu or BTC?
                      Singaporean carrot cake is on the regular menu. It sometimes is on SIN-AKL in C for example.

Comment

But....its the 'white' version, how can it be good? Yes, I prefer the 'black' version

Comment

I'm colour neutral.

But discriminate to the positive for lots of chai por

Comment

From my limited experience I like the pasta salad on SQ Y. Don't know what it's called though.

Comment

there's once i was in SQ's Y class where they served lemon chicken...yummy
                              I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Working...
                              X