Any Lego fans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Lego fans here?

I'm kinda pining for my childhood here.... anyone else still have their lego from their youth?

I've naturally thrown all mine away, so am thinking of starting again.

They're expensive in Malaysia, so where'd be the best place in the world to buy them?

In true SQTalk spirit, i was hoping to start with this:

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=5524&cn=301

Yep, you got one avid LEGO fan here. And you don't really nee dot buy them, try getting LEGO Digital Designer (it's free), all the blocks you can ever want. and for more true SQTalk spirit why not this.
    http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...goland-021.jpg

Comment

I loved lego when I was growing up. My favourite was the space lego. Unfortunately all gone now

Comment

My old Lego (including Technical Lego and an electric Lego train set with track and points) passed to my brother and as my mother never throws anything out, should still be somewhere in my parent's house.

Sun Air fly from their home base of Billund (the home of Legoland!) in Denmark to LCY, MAN and other places. I think it's the only BA franchisee I've not flown and perhaps I should give them a spin one day.

Comment

The Sheraton Carlsbad (California -- near San Diego) usually has packages and discount coupons for Legoland as they are right next door. There's even a private hotel entrance to the park.
          HUGE AL

Comment

the best place to buy them is definitely in the US... the prices are much cheaper than anywhere else i have been to. i find myself shopping for them all the time... not only do my two nieces love them, but my brother-in-law is similarly hooked. if you want a couple of sets, i can pick them up and send them along with KeithMEL when he arrives in LA.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              I'm kinda pining for my childhood here.... anyone else still have their lego from their youth?

I've naturally thrown all mine away, so am thinking of starting again.

They're expensive in Malaysia, so where'd be the best place in the world to buy them?

In true SQTalk spirit, i was hoping to start with this:

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=5524&cn=301
              just noticed that the one you want is not for sale in the US... i found this listing on Ebay- looks pretty sweet:
              http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-LEGO-city-78...lenotsupported

Comment

I think the US is also one of the cheapest to buy.

For discounts to Legoland in California try this site for a guide: http://www.mousesavers.com/legoland.html

I got 25% off from Costco

Comment

I've been going potty looking at all the sets, but they're so expensive

The only place that has a proper selection I've seen so far in Malaysia is brickboy's toys at Midvalley

The collectors edition Milennium Falcon is about 830 USD,
                  The Death Star about 630 USD and the Taj Mahal about 545 USD.

At these prices, I might end up just playing with my Nephew's duplo set instead

Comment

I've always wondered who'd be insane enough to pay that shop's prices... they are ridiculously expensive. Being in the Midvalley Gardens section can't help either! The rentals there are astronomical, I'd bet...

I wonder for how much longer they can survive in there, honestly. Have never seen anyone purchasing a single item.

Great fun to walk around that shop, however.

Comment

I still have my lego sets. hah.

The next time you're in London there's Legoland which I've heard is not bad (from a kid's and lego fan's point of view).

Comment

I still have some. Even the big Duplo pieces.

Comment

There is a shop on the 5th floor of Takashimaya SC in Singapore which I've noticed having some cool Lego sets in the window. Don't know about how competitive the pricing is though.

Comment

During my younger days when I played with Lego (1983-1988), I used to almost always buy them at Isetan, since they had the best prices and good variety in the Singapore/Malaysia area. Haven't been there in almost 17 years, so I can't comment on the prices now.
                            Last edited by sumitsan; 23 June 2009, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                              the best place to buy them is definitely in the US...if you want a couple of sets, i can pick them up and send them along with KeithMEL when he arrives in LA.
                              Hahahaha The poor boy is now our courier service.

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              I've been going potty looking at all the sets...
                              Is this another one of those British influenced sayings that just doesn't sit right with me? I mean, I'm surprised "someone" didn't make another complaint here for censorship. Hahahahahahaha
                              HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                              X