X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MovieMan
    « Reply #5 on: Aug 6th, 2006, 8:16pm »

Very nice! Many thanks, StarG!

PS: If you've got any more historic stuff (e.g. Raffles introduction materials, etc.) to scan and share, that also would be greatly appreciated!

« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2006, 8:18pm by MovieMan» 202.156.6.52

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SQFAN
    « Reply #6 on: Aug 6th, 2006, 8:41pm »

phoarrw...nice ones, StarG.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

StarG
    « Reply #7 on: Aug 6th, 2006, 8:52pm »

on Aug 6th, 2006, 8:16pm, MovieMan wrote:
    Very nice! Many thanks, StarG!
    PS: If you've got any more historic stuff (e.g. Raffles introduction materials, etc.) to scan and share, that also would be greatly appreciated!
    F Menu & perhaps Y one coming soon.

I have plenty of interesting stuffs but don't think I will have the energy to upload them all (some are oversized, etc.). Will post some of the more interesting ones soon.
    « Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2006, 8:54pm by StarG »
    Last edited by StarG; 17 November 2006, 04:09 PM.

Comment

MovieMan
      « Reply #8 on: Aug 6th, 2006, 9:27pm »

on Aug 6th, 2006, 8:52pm, StarG wrote:
      F Menu & perhaps Y one coming soon.

I have plenty of interesting stuffs but don't think I will have the energy to upload them all (some are oversized, etc.). Will post some of the more interesting ones soon.
      Great! Much appreciated.

(BTW, I've got one of the non-stops' menus that you haven't posted yet--it's Dec 2005, SQ 19 LAX-SIN. It's a (very) stylized picture of the Encounter restaurant at LAX. Not sure if you have it and plan to post it, but in case you don't have that one, I can scan it and either send it to you or post it myself. Let me know. )

StarG
      « Reply #9 on: Aug 6th, 2006, 9:51pm »

Sure, MovieMan. That'll be great! Thanks.

MovieMan
      « Reply #10 on: Aug 6th, 2006, 10:28pm »

December 2005 SQ19 LAX-SIN
      [IMG]
      http://static.flickr.com/95/208052279_e2d8380775_o.jpg
      [/IMG]

From the inside cover:
      Los Angeles Airport
      More commonly known as "LAX", it's the world's fifth busiest and the third busiest airport in the USA. The distinctive white "Theme Building"--built by architects Paul Williams and Welton Becket in 1961--resembles a flying saucer that has landed on its four legs. Suspended beneath two intersecting arches that form the legs is a restaurant that offers a breathtaking panoramic view of the airport. The Los Angeles City Council designated the building a cultural and historical monument in 1992.
      (StarG, feel free to move this to one of your above posts if you feel the thread will be more organized that way.)

« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2006, 10:29pm by MovieMan » 202.156.6.52

CGK
      « Reply #11 on: Aug 6th, 2006, 11:16pm »

WOW...
      Such a collection. I only recognized a few.

StarG
      « Reply #12 on: Aug 6th, 2006, 11:23pm »

They might have run out of ideas for the May 2002 one.

IMO, the Raffles menus usually look best (compared to First / Economy) because of the colors used.

« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2006, 11:26pm by StarG »

CGK
      « Reply #13 on: Aug 7th, 2006, 01:21am »

on Aug 6th, 2006, 11:23pm, StarG wrote:
      They might have run out of ideas for the May 2002 one.
      Was that the year of SARS?

StarG
      « Reply #14 on: Aug 7th, 2006, 01:31am »

on Aug 7th, 2006, 01:21am, CGK wrote: Was that the year of SARS?

SARS was in 2003. I think they used the same cover for longer periods (maybe to save money?) at that time.
      Last edited by StarG; 17 November 2006, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Updated with DEC2006 menu.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG
          Updated with DEC2006 menu.
          Thanks. For some reason, I almost prefer the regular Dec. 2006 menu. Just looks a lot better than the 77W menu.

Comment

Updated thread with August 2007 menu image.

Wow, first new design this year.
            And the designs seem to be going downhill.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
              And the designs seem to be going downhill.
              I agree: there seems to be less of inspired or inspiring stark, and more of comfortable fluff. I get a virtual attack of hay fever from the latest Business Class design.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Mar 08

Comment

Originally posted by SQ Solitaire View Post
                  Mar 08
                  I was just about to post the Mar 08 cover pic too. A new low in hideous cover designs, IMHO...

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                    I was just about to post the Mar 08 cover pic too. A new low in hideous cover designs, IMHO...
                    I disagree. The designs are unconventional (different from the old SQ menus) but not hideous.

The concept of a lilliputian way of looking at food is ingenious.

If you were an ant, this is the view you'd be seeing. Goodies lined up along your path.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                      I disagree. The designs are unconventional (different from the old SQ menus) but not hideous.

The concept of a lilliputian way of looking at food is ingenious.

If you were an ant, this is the view you'd be seeing. Goodies lined up along your path.

Well...he did say that it was his opinion.......we are entitled to have our own tastes...good or bad.

I like the Y one best amongst the three colors

Refreshing and unconventional like you said....definitely not hideous.

Comment

A little surprised no one mentioned the Feb / Chinese New Year menu cover - that I thought was very nice and festive!

Comment

Chinese New Year 2008

Comment

Thanks for the pictures guys.
                            Will resize and update to the gallery when I have the chance.

Comment

Post #4 of the Gallery updated with the latest covers.

Actually I think the March 2007 covers are quite nice. Better than the August 2007 design.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                                Actually I think the March 2007 covers are quite nice. Better than the August 2007 design.
                                You do mean the March 2008 menu covers? or are you hiding the March 2007 ones from us?

Comment

Working...
                                X