Nasi goreng for breakfast in Singapore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasi goreng for breakfast in Singapore

I've been asked about what I'd recommend, but sadly, I've been unable to give any recommendation. The best hotel-based nasi gorengs IME have been in Bali (Alila Ubud and the Conrad). Any help from the knowledgeable SIN cognoscenti, in case the question comes up again?
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

According to a friend, nasi goreng served at the Grand Hyatt is the best one.

Comment

For chinese-style nasi-goreng, I think the best one is the one served at Chen Fu Ji. It costs S$25++ for a plate...

Comment

Any cheapo but good alternatives, ie hawker centre ones?
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

How many types of Nasi Goreng are there for breakfast in Singapore anyways? One has the Malay, one has the Chinese, etc. So is one suppose to specify what type they'd like when ordering? I last saw a Nasi Goreng for breakfast at the Ritz Carlton menu but did not pay attention to the details nor did I order it.

My favorite all time Nasi Goreng is still at the "Ghendi" restaurant in Jakarta.
          My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Mornings should be for Nasi Lemaks!

Yummmmzzz

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
              According to a friend, nasi goreng served at the Grand Hyatt is the best one.
              I can vouch for the Grand Hyatt's nasi goreng. It's not on the breakfast menu, but they were more than willing to prepare.

Originally posted by jjpb3
              ...The best hotel-based nasi gorengs IME have been in Bali (Alila Ubud and the Conrad).
              Spot on. Alila Ubud and Alila Manggis have been the best I've found yet. Note to self...need trip to Bali sooner rather than later!

Comment

Working...
              X